Why are Indians being attacked in Melbourne & Sydney? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why are Indians being attacked in Melbourne & Sydney?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wonder if annoying telemarketing calls and door salesmen adds to this problem.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
How heartbreakingly sad and tragic. R.I.P. little fella. :'(

Police lay charges over Gurshan Singh Channa death

* Mark Buttler
* March 07, 2010 7:15PM

A MAN who lived at the same house as Gurshan Singh Channa has been charged over the three-year-old's death.

Gursewak Dhillon, 23, appeared in an out-of-sessions court hearing last night charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.

Police say Gurshan Singh died after being driven around suburban Melbourne in the boot of a car, unconscious, before being left where his body was found.

Homicide squad Det. Sen-Sgt Ron Iddles said Mr Dhillon put Gurshan in a car unconscious last Thursday, but had believed he was still alive.

Det. Sen-Sgt Iddles alleged Mr Dhillon drove for three hours with the child in the boot of the car before stopping at Oaklands Junction, in Melbourne's northern suburbs, and placing him in grass.

Mr Dhillon is accused of not checking if the child was still alive and returning to the David St, Lalor, house where he lived with the boy, his parents, and several others.

Det. Sen-Sgt Iddles said Mr Dhillon, a married part-time taxi driver, still had an immigration matter which was under investigation and had no strong ties to Australia. ``I believe at this stage he is an unacceptable risk'' for bail.

In seeking bail, Mr Dhillon, who is on a student visa, having moved here two years ago, said he intended to start work this Wednesday as a courier.

Det. Sen-Sgt Iddles said that if bailed, Mr Dhillon could not return to David St because ``it would be an untenable situation for the accused to be living with witnesses''.

Bail justice Ben Czerniewicz comsaid he was running out of options and remanded Mr Dhillon to appear at Melbourne Magistrates' Court tomorrow, saying he agreed with police that he was an unacceptable risk.

Gurshan's parents earlier spoke to detectives and attended a prayer service at a Sikh temple at Craigieburn.

Mr Singh Channa said the family were grateful for the show of support.

``We are very thankful to Indian community, Punjabi community and Australian people,'' he said. ``They all are coming forward to help us.''

A car suspected of being in the area where Gurshan, 3, was found near Melbourne Airport emerged as a focus of the investigation. Police want to talk to anyone who saw a green VR or VT Holden Commodore.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Hayfever said:
Interesting.......

http://www.theage.com.au/national/burned-indian-faked-attack-to-claim-car-insurance-police-20100203-nbfr.html
Deja vu.

Anyone else getting mighty p1ssed off with all the headlines about how Australia treats Indians yet there is so little emphasis when those charged happen to be of the same origin? What a tragic case with this little boy.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
They are easy targets - plain and simple.

They are usually small bodied.

They tend not to defend themselves when confronted by others.

They usually carry visible high-tech gear on them ie. laptops, Ipod's, IPhones, and jewellery etc

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
Hayfever said:
Deja vu.

Anyone else getting mighty p1ssed off with all the headlines about how Australia treats Indians yet there is so little emphasis when those charged happen to be of the same origin? What a tragic case with this little boy.

It's the way of the world and happens across the board. Write the dramatic headline to sell papers but then when the truth comes out, it's pretty much ignored. There's absolutely no comeback on journalists and the sensationalist rubbish a lot of them write.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Hayfever said:
Deja vu.

I got fired-up for a while and spent a lot of time on an Indian newspaper site trying to set the record straight. Now I'm over it. From what I've seen a lot of Indians are starting to have less faith in what their papers are saying too.

Agree on the kid. Life sucks bad sometimes.