Why hasnt Harry McKay been reported? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why hasnt Harry McKay been reported?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
The game was dead when Harry McKay hit Vlaustin
Anyone know if the incident is even being looked at?

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It seemed outrageous.

Vlastuins lips weren't hard to read.

looking entirely puzzled, he appealed to the umpire

"What the *smile* was that?"

McKay cleaned him up in dead play. Equivalent in boxing of belting a bloke after the bell.

unacceptable

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Should have been a report and should have been a reversal. Carlton scored from that free kick (the ball went inside 50 from that play for Casbaults goal).

They pay 50 for the slightest touch on an attacking sides player, but you get whacked like that, why isn't the same paid and the reversal provided. They were quick to reverse the Astbury one, but this one, I mean how can 3 of those maggots miss something that 50k people in the stands saw, and at least half a dozen Tigers players ran in to remonstrate. Its not like us to go the pile on, but that was ridiculous.

Whatever suspension Astbury gets, McKay should receive too.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The game was dead when Harry McKay hit Vlaustin
Anyone know if the incident is even being looked at?

Richmond player was hit, nothing to see here. I figure McKay probably thought it was a free hit, you are allowed to knock Vlastuin out stone cold and there is no problem. But if Astbury shrugs his arm into a Carlton player the head is sacrosanct.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Obviously doesn’t count when not in play
So it’s a free hit on any player when the games dead
Cant imagine the outrage the public hanging demanded by the media If Lynch did what McKay did

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
In McKays defence, he is extremely challenged when it comes to spacial awareness.

hes Justin Kositske level.

Hes probably pretty unaware of sound and time as well.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If it was Lynch the media would be calling for a 4 game ban..................................followed by public execution

Reactions: 1 user

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
It seemed outrageous.

Vlastuins lips weren't hard to read.

looking entirely puzzled, he appealed to the umpire

"What the *smile* was that?"

McKay cleaned him up in dead play. Equivalent in boxing of belting a bloke after the bell.

unacceptable
Gary Lyon thought it was good play.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Should have been a report and should have been a reversal. Carlton scored from that free kick (the ball went inside 50 from that play for Casbaults goal).

They pay 50 for the slightest touch on an attacking sides player, but you get whacked like that, why isn't the same paid and the reversal provided. They were quick to reverse the Astbury one, but this one, I mean how can 3 of those maggots miss something that 50k people in the stands saw, and at least half a dozen Tigers players ran in to remonstrate. Its not like us to go the pile on, but that was ridiculous.

Whatever suspension Astbury gets, McKay should receive too.
So in Q1? Can anyone post footage? I'm struggling to remember. Don't think C7 did any follow-up footage. What a surprise!

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
I think he just got lucky Vlastuin got up. Would have been done for several weeks if he didn't. Agree Lynch would have been lynched if it was him.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I’m glad Vlastuin didn’t get cited. I heard Harry McKay’s hip was pretty sore afterwards.

This incident was especially frustrating after the Dangerfield incident one match earlier. But at least the Danger head knock was in play.

This was a late, big hit, after the whistle, when the player had let his guard down.

How can the AFL claim to care about concussions when this isn’t even a free kick? What if Nick has issues with CTE in retirement because the AFL repeatedly turns a blind eye whenever he gets smashed in the head? It’s absolutely unacceptable and makes me furious.

Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So in Q1? Can anyone post footage? I'm struggling to remember. Don't think C7 did any follow-up footage. What a surprise!

Early, there was a free kick paid to Carlton in he middle of the ground. The ball got pushed forward and kicked long to just before our D50. Vlastuin sets himself to mark the ball to give it back, and McKay comes over the top and cleans him up. Bare in mind play had stopped probably 10-15 seconds before the contact. There was a massive tussle between heaps of players getting involved, probably 6-7 tigers came over to fly the flag.

No reversal, umpire allows Carlton to take the free whilst the tussle is still going on, ball kicked inside 50 and Casbault marks for their 1st goal.

Haven't watched it back on tv yet to see if anything is shown. The tussle continued through what would have been the goal advert break, numerous players thrown to the floor and no frees again paid by the umps.

They completely lost control of that situation because they didn't reverse the original free which was probably the most obvious reversal you would ever see.

• Angry

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The media is not even talking about it. Not a skerrick. If it was Tom Lynch it would front and back page news for days and the likes of Robbo would be calling for a 4 week ban.

But no media bias against Richmond....................................

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just watched it back and I *smile* you not, when Vlastuin says to him "what was that", the umpire says "it was in the contest". There wasn't supposed to be a contest you peanut, the whistle had been blown 10 seconds earlier.

The hit was no different to Williams, wasn't contesting the ball, never went to punch or mark the ball, went with a shoulder and jumped off the ground. Surely has to be a week. They've said they want to protect the head, he should be sitting out next weeks game IMO.

• Angry

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Just checked, it was like 4 minutes in. 16 minutes or so on the countdown clock. They showed a replay of it on Fox in the "goal break".