Wirrpunda wants to come back to Victoria! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wirrpunda wants to come back to Victoria!

TigerBalme

I'm a llama!
Jul 14, 2003
Wirrapunda or Judd to us???

Pass over the dope mate...I need a hit, coz I can't see anyone being dumb enough to come to us....in fact, we would need to give our whole team away....and it still would not be enough.

7 straight and counting.

The Golden Greek God

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Gus, at what stage of a players career do you expect to see some improvement & consistency com into a player's game. 10, 20 ,30, 40 or 50 games? Well fiora was drafted 1999 and has played 55 games, he hasn't bulked up, doesn't get enough of the ball, and the gap between his good games, and bad games hasn't narrowed. He has skill, pace and courage and is a real good mark for his size, all good reasons to keep him. the trouble is potential will only take you so far. He hasn't been able to contribute too much when things dpn't go his way, there is no consistency of performance after 55 games it is time to step up or be traded. If a trade for wirrapunda could be arranged, i'd give up both krakouer and fiora. The time for rewarding mediocrity at richmond has passed. They might both end up being real good footballers, but at the moment they're not much better than biddiscumm and pettifer, better to trade (not draft picks) for something you know is real good.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Craw your points are all valid, but in Fiora's defence he hasn't really been given the opportunity to settle into a set role on the field in those 55 games. He has also spent a lot of time on the bench.

The general consensus of the experts is that it takes between 50 and 100 games to really become settled at AFL level depending on their maturity and physical development etc. i think it is fair to say that the lighter bodies players generally take longer to develop when they are younger, but yes we should now be starting to see some improvement.

He has played as a forward, as a back, in a run with role and as a sweep of half back. A few of the times he has been asked to play a defensive role it has been a bit of a mismatch as well. I would like to see him given a few games on the wing with maximum game time and allowed to see what he can do.

It is those attributes that you mention that make me reluctant to trade him. He is one of the few in our line up who has genuine pace and can generally deliver the ball wall. He can also run the lines.

What worries me is that he has become too scared to do these things for fear of making a mistake and being banished to the bench or the reserves. I think this is a problem that is starting to effect the team as a whole hence the stop start style of football we have been playing. Its almost as if players are almost saying don't kick to me I don't want to be the first to make a mistake and that seems to be totally destroying any flair we had early on in the year.

Why was it that it took a 3/4 time address from Leon CAMERON to get the guys to have a dip and take a risk. That is it we really need to be prepared to take a risk sometimes.

If we could secure a good trade with Port for him, I agree we would be mad not to consider it, it is just that I have a vision of him cutting us apart at some later stage with a bit of astute development.

Although if the rumour is true that he is looking to go home he may force our hand a little, but he has to be worth a fair trade if Port are so keen to get their hands on him.

SHAWRY had a bit of good advice on Fiora which I think is on the money.

What I do think is that he is one of the players that shoud be given a real chance over the next 7 weeks to show us what he has got.

If the media articles of recent days can't inspire some fight then we may as well delist them all anyway.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
gus you may be right when you say we may have to delist them all but who on our list could we trade for a first rnd pick or a david wirrapunda

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Claw I think that most will be tradeable at years end if the right options is there.

I really don't know who I would trade for a 1st round pick or Wirripunda. Maybe BOWDEN for Wirripunda.

I really don't have much of a handle on what will be available in the draft so who I would swap would depend on the type of player that is likely to be high selections.

Also see talk about SCOTTLAND getting a hard deal at Collingwood. Could be a good pick up at the right price.