Worst team in the competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst team in the competition

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Aside from Carlton is us. Clearly ....

To have kicked 4 goals to halftime is abysmal especially as they all came from one player. Nice work Cammo. With basically our best team on the park it really is a disgrace and some answers must be found! Particularly against a fellow bottom side and in Cammos milestone game.

In the first three qrtrs they were lazy, chose terrible options and looked dis-interested.
We have some really good players and some promising youngsters in Rodan Coughlan Newman etc but we are clearly the WORST team in the league.... as I said earlier aside from maybe Carlton.... and didn't they beat us?

I was at a mates place to watch it (he is a cats fan) and I felt embarrassed to be a Tiger fan. They really are at rock bottom, and I personally can't wait for the end of the season to see if Miller does what he says he will and we finally draft some decent young talent, trade wisely, and get one or 2 established guns, but only if they are youngish.
Having saod all that the result was hardly surprising, what do we always do when things are on the line and we need to win something... we fail.

Anyway now that the season is gone let's hope we wheel out the likes *smile*, Mac Grath, Hyde and Dragga
and give them all some decent game time at the expense of guys like Bidders King Houlihan and dare I say it Rogers.
We surely must now began preparations for next year and try things attacking game plans might be a place to start...aswell as playing the young blokes why not try guys in different positions like Richo HFF Newman on the ball Rogers (if he gets a game on form) to be played out of a forward pocket. These are just examples I am sure you guys could think of many more.

Campbell is gone for the season IMO so lets find out who REALLY wants to bust their highly paid balls for the club. If you don't the *smile* off because we are all sick to death of this mediocrity.
Frawley you are not immune. With basically a full side in a game that really counted they came out looking bored and lacking belief and motivation and ultimately continued that way until the last quarter.
Now I know we are stuck with the dud until after next year but someone has to shake it into the mind of this clown that a side that kicks 4 goals to halftime in perfect conditions is TOO BLOODY DEFENSIVE. Either that or too many badly developed players are playing un- intelligent football while being played out of position.
Every other week we struggle to kick 10 or 12 goals and 'grind games out'. With the personell available of late this is simply not good enough.

We are a joke.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Who says Frawedudly is here till end of next year. Contracts are made to be broken. When we lose to the bulldogs in 2 weeks time they will sack frawly otherwise punt road will burn. When there are potential coaches such as Harvey saying that he is interested to coach, even RFC are not stupid enough to ignore this. Or are they?

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
We are too predictable. It's as simple as that. Yes we have guys who shouldn't be playing AFL but that's no excuse for the whole team being structured around bombing long to contests. I don't blame Frawley totally as it's been the Richmond game plan for so long now. When we were forced to open the game up in the last quarter we suddenly slammed on 7 goals and started to mix up our entries into the forward 50 a bit. We had players running past to handball receive. We got the ball moving forward quickly. Why does it take over 3 quarters and a 4 goal deficit for us to play modern footy. Why isn't that our team rules ??? :mad: .

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
My first question Tigerdog - why weren't you at the match? Second - how can you say Campbo is gone for the season - IMO your IMO on Campbo is crap! Other than that you make a lot of good points. The Coaching staff lost this match as much as the players, eg Zantuck on Graham!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
to all you frawley haters bad news for all of you on 3aw today miller told the panel that frawley will be coach in 2004 broken contracts are easy but when someone like miller comes out with a statement like that then nothing is going to change coaching wise.
you see he is in the know not you guys or me.how the hell do you know what is said behind closed doors or in the coach,s box?on today perfromance its clearly a on feild problem that we have not the coaching problem.
miller even admitted himself that we havnt got the cattle.
to go through 3qtrs looking disineterested and playing lazy football its about time the players take full responsabilty instead of the coach.THIS IS THE VIRUS AT THE CLUB THAT HAS BEEN WITH THE CLUB SINCE THE MID 90,S AND IT HAS TO STOP NOW.
i dont give a dam if we have 30 picks in the draft if that what it take then so be it.
go thru our list and i see about a handful of players who would feel safe:
coughlan,johnson,*smile*,AK,newman cambo and rodan.
THE REST CAN GET STUFFED!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tiger I no longer can put myself through it, plus I hate Telstra dome and were fairly sure we would lose, I have had enough of this insipid crap year in year out and when I go to games my passion embarrasses me!

On the Campbell thing I said it because his injury will keep him out for the year, this was confirmed by Miller on MMM. My thought on Campbos abilities have been posted on threads in the past.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Despite what Miller says, it will only take one absolute flogging for carnage to happen at club. Miller wont know what hit him. He is used to the Kangaroos and their passionless supporters. You hear it on talk back tonight. People want a scapegoat.
Last year we lost 10 in a row, soon this year it will be 8. Frawleys message just does not get through to the players and he must be held accountable. They can blame injuries, but its no excuse to loose to the likes of carlton and geelong.
If Miller supports this clown, and he is the clown that recruited some of these chumps, he can go too. To appoint Frawley to rebuild the club is absolute nonsense.
Time to find a new coach with a new list.
Miller can go back to the hammerheads. He is deluded like the rest of them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Here here diggler - a well balanced and accurate post. If this is Millers attitude then he can go with Fradudly and Beckhead. I for one have had enough of these clowns.

johndoe

I'm a llama!
Jul 12, 2003
Its the easy way out to blame the coach, i don't remember the coach playing today. Its the Richmond mentallity to sack the coach, but there are 22 players out there who are the ones responsible for losing. No doubt when Richmond where winning at the start of the year Danny was the best thing since sliced bread, now the tigers are losing lets take the easy way out and blame the coach. The players are the ones that should be held accountable, talk of getting rid of the coach mid season does nothing but create trouble within the club

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
JohnDoe,

the coach has been there for 4 years and as such ís held responsible for creating and managing a squad of players that will win a premiership, which he has not been able to do.

When we were 6-2, questions were already being asked about the quality of the opposition that we beat, which turned out to be correct.

He doesn't have the squad (or the coaching panel) to get us out of the slump and as such, is accountable.

Bottom line, no finals football and membership next year will be another struggle for Ian Campbell.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
johndoe said:
Its the easy way out to blame the coach, i don't remember the coach playing today.

A coach has way more influence on a game of footy than any player or any group of players have. The AFL is structured in a way that the draft ensures an even playing list. The coach has the responsibility of drafting players and developing them and developing a team that is successful. And as such Frawdudly has failed miserably and must be held accountable - not rewarded with another year.

People say that the players must be held accountable yet frawdudly gives the complete hack rogers a game every week. How does that work?