Worst team in the competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst team in the competition

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Rampaging Richo said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
once again to you frawley bashers if we sacked spud who would want to coach us?
wallace?not a chance in hell he has stated he will only coach again if that side looks premeirship material.
sheedy?he,s to wise to comeback.
eade?we are the kings at shafting coach,s.

so you clowns once again we will be left with 4th pick coach.
we have made our bed now we have to sleep in it.
we have to take our medicine a sweep the broom though our list and do what should have been done 2 years ago.

CRAP J2R,

Wallace has gone from earning $400k to about $50k, so don't believe a word he says, he would take the tigers job in a heart beat if it became available.
this the same bloke who said he would only take a job on if that side is premiership material?dont be fooled by his so called 50grand packet he is on.the swans are paying him as well.

Any prospective coach would back themselves to achieve success at Richmond, and I reckon a few would have already gone thru our list and made changes they would like to see if the job did become available.
turn the clock back to when spud was appointed.spud was 4th in line. samething will apply again.
Frawley is the worst coach in the AFL. On the TV, he looked completely shattered, and that was before the game even started. He is finished and knows the only thing saving him is a contract.
like us he,s sick of seeing inept performance,s by the PLAYERS.

Once we lose to Collingwood, Bullies, Freo and Saints, he will walk....a good riddance.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Tassie27 said:
After reading that Ottens is homesick and wants to go back to SA, I am now worried that Coughlan may soon feel the same.

Read somewhere that Coughlan has said he would like to stay with the tigers for the legnth of his career.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
johnson2richo2003 said:
Rampaging Richo said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
Any prospective coach would back themselves to achieve success at Richmond, and I reckon a few would have already gone thru our list and made changes they would like to see if the job did become available.
turn the clock back to when spud was appointed.spud was 4th in line. samething will apply again.

Frawley is the worst coach in the AFL. On the TV, he looked completely shattered, and that was before the game even started. He is finished and knows the only thing saving him is a contract.

Fourth in line would have to be a better option than Danny. For whatever reason, his messages are not getting through, and the players are not performing for him. This is due to our poor list in part, but he built the list, and must be held responsible for their failures.

Wallace would take the Richmond job in a second, particularly now with Hawthorn performing better. At the very least, Wallace would have us playing an attacking, skillful style of football, and would not tolerate players with inadequate skill level.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
johnson2richo2003 said:
my point like spud we were all fooled by our list at the end of 2001 rightly or wrongly spud took a gamble with hudson etc and it didnt pay off.we aslo signed some players who came off a very good 2001.even this year look at tivendale,s form he,s been outstanding but you have to question why?he,s uncontracted at the end of the year and similar to the king,s,biddescombe,s,holland,s,and richo,s he,s playing good football.there is an alarming pattern there.maybe miller is on to it already.
its time the players are accountable as well as the coach.
if spud goes then so be it however if the broom isnt swept through the list like it should be then we once again face a bleak future.

J2R, your point is taken. I did miss what you were getting at.

Regarding Tivs, as much as I like him, I just hope that MILLER ensures that he doesn't hold the club to ransom based on one good year, and I am not suggesting that Tivs would do that, but it has happened in the past and we are still paying for that.

It may also have something to do with MILLER just completing his revue of the list and they were probably very reluctant to resign anyone until the review had been completed and a decsion made on who will stay and who will go.

I, like you, do agree that the list needs to be changed and bolstered for a successful future.

I make no comment on the coaching issue, because I for one, do not believe that our views will have any influence anyway.

GhostofJimmyJess

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
gustiger12 said:
Harry said:
Johnson did jacksh!t today. Another failed recruit.

I didn't see the game today Harry but you seem to be the only one with that opinion today.

Oddly, I will agree to Harry's comments ... to a certain extent.

In fact, after re-viewing the game again, I would say that Kane's first half was extremely poor, and that it was only when Otto and Staff started consistently winning the ruck, and Coughlan completely took control around the stoppages in the last quarter, did Johnson actually do anything worthwhile.

i.e He needed Coughlan to get the ball rolling. Hence the 10 possies in the last Q.

(His third quarter snap at goal from only 20 metres was a disgrace, and it only took some great, and probably illegal, shepherding by Richo, to get the bloody thing through.)

But we knew his flaws when he was at the Crows - vulnerable to tissue injuries and too often rendered ineffective when unlucky enough to given be given the opposition's closest checkers.

Didn't stop us coughing up No. 2 draft choice, however.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
GhostofJimmyJess said:

Ghost we didn't give up pick No. 2, we gave up pick No. 4. It only became 2 after the AFL moved the goal posts. You can say we should have seen it coming, but you have to play the cards you have not the ones you think you might get.

I am sure that it probably wouldn't have occured if we knew with certainty that it would become pick No. 2.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Johno as both he and Cogs struggled at times when we persisted with not having our best midfielders actually in the midfield as we did in the first half.

It makes it so much easier for the opposition to tag them out of the game.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
GhostofJimmyJess said:
That's crap Ghost. We never had #2 draft pick. I think it was Greg Miller who said during the week things would probably have been handled differently if we'd had the second pick.

It seems to me that people on the anti Kane brigade quote the number 2 pick to pad their argument.

What if the club tried to out guess the AFL and it turned out they didn't alter the picks after all.

The AFL played dirty pool imo, and we traded #4 pick.

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
Howdy all

This is my first post so I apologise in advance if I’m covering old ground etc..

I think you have to look at cogs and Jonno in the context of the year and say that the combination has been a positive one.

I don’t think anything was going to save us on Saturday. I was delighted to see Bowden start forward but then almost immediately disgusted as he casually trotted toward a geelong backman (sorry cant remember who) who was gathering a ball just outside their defensive 50, refusing to make a contest and worse still actually shooed a team mate away from the contest also.

Eventually he was forced to chase as the Geelong player capitalised on his lack of endeavour and cleared the ball with ease.

I don’t think there is much Danny can do when he has that to work with.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Hiya sean and welcome to PRE :).

I think everyone at the ground on saturday noticed Joel's soft efforts during the game including the one you mentioned although he wasn't the only one in that regard.

We appear to be instructed to correl opposition players with the ball instead of going in and tackling them. Looks like we're afraid that they will just sidestep around us. Then again with some of our tackling "attempts" :-\\ that could explain it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Hey Rosy you have been living in the Western District to long. ;) 8) That word the swear filter edited has nothing to do with peoples sexual preferences.

It means a minute or small amount of time. What is the world comming too 8) ;D ;D ;D

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
rosy3 said:
GhostofJimmyJess said:
That's crap Ghost. We never had #2 draft pick. I think it was Greg Miller who said during the week things would probably have been handled differently if we'd had the second pick.

It seems to me that people on the anti Kane brigade quote the number 2 pick to pad their argument.

What if the club tried to out guess the AFL and it turned out they didn't alter the picks after all.

The AFL played dirty pool imo, and we traded #4 pick.
we would have wells rosie a better long term propisition than johnson

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Thats not the argument Claw unfortunatley. The AFL should have put the draft of, like everyone wanted, until the matter was sorted out so everyone knew exactly where they stood.

What would you have said if it didn't end up being pick #2.

The fact is that when we traded it we traded pick #4 not pick #2 as everyone seems to want to think.

Everyone including the club has said thing would probably have been done a bit differently if we had known that is was SUBSEQUENTLY to become #2.

It is a futile arguement. Whats done is done. If you want to blame someone aim at the abysmal administration that calls itself the AFL.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
the claw said:
we would have wells rosie a better long term propisition than johnson

Yeah claw, if only the AFL didn't stuff us around. As Gus said, we didn't trade the #2 pick, we didn't have it to trade unfortunately.

Another example of the rigged AFL making the rules up as it goes. :mad: