Worst team in the competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst team in the competition

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
TigersGoddess said:
Harry said:
Johnson did jacksh!t today. Another failed recruit.
K H P M HO T FF FA G B
Kane Johnson 12 11 23 5 0 5 2 1 2 1
Yup pathetic ::)

I was ridiculed a few weeks ago for suggesting that Johnson wasn't doing enough especially in big games. Its a shame I was vindicated.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
He had 23 possesions, took 5 marks, laid 5 tackles and kicked 2 goals and that's pathetic? There are about 18 players who are ahead of Johno in that department.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
One thing I noticed about Johnson was that he had 10 possesions in the last quarter alone. What was he doing for the rest of the game??

Ark7ikfoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 12, 2003
Geelong
johndoe said:
Its the easy way out to blame the coach, i don't remember the coach playing today its the Richmong mentallity to sack the coach, but there are 22 players out there who are the ones responsible for losing. No doubt when Richmond where winning at the start of the year Danny was the best thing since sliced bread, now the tigers are losing lets take the easy way out and blame the coach.
Too much like deja-vu from last season with Frawley replicating the fade out this year and his pissy excuses and "admirable defeats" conspiracy theories (my players were gritty in defeat considering 20 of our list went missing after a strange object hovered over punt rd. training ,all were later accounted for yet most complained of sore rectums upon return). After such a great start i myself have been very fearful of another such fade out yet alas here we are again with a much more intact list as opposed to last year.
The mediocrity has hung over this club for far too long and if Frawley is not the man for the job then it is time for RFC to find the man that CAN do it ,certainly on paper the fabric is there and we can weed some bad from the list, begin to string seasons together not just the flash in the pan sqaud we have become accustomed to watching play, most of us have been forced to become very cynical and unmoved from an early jump out of the blocks:-[ :-[ :-[.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Thought Johnson was good today, not brilliant, but good until injured. We missed Campbell and Johnson in the last few minutes.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
I am an avid reader of PRE and todays performance and certain comments, has finally prompted my first entry in this forum.

Things have been written and said recently(eg. club corner 7/4/2003 & talkback) regarding richmond supporters has riled me completely. I and many tiger supporters who do not accept mediocrity and the *smile* that is fed to us, may occasionally make criticisms/suggestions that are not liked. Such opinions do NOT make us turncoats or bad supporters.

There is only one symbol of success in football and that is a flag. In my first 18 years, the RFC won 5 flags, were THE glamour club and THE most feared club in the competition. The club, in particular the administration (is there another Graeme Richmond out there) and football department did NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY, they were ruthless and single minded in attaining success. That ethos was instilled in the players and throughout the club. It also infected and flowed through the the blood of every Tiger supporter at the time. What have we had since? 2 finals series to cheer about, a few wooden spoons and a host of failures. Dare I say, the laughing stock of the AFL. The shame I feel, is that the club projects an attitude that recent performances of mediocrity is acceptable, no retribution has been handed out to players who continually underperform and let the club down.

I make no apology for being extremely disappointed and not tolerating of the crap that we have generally had to watch since 1982. Comments from the club that we tige supporters should be patient and wait for the good times, are becoming boring. We have been waiting and consistently turning up for more than 20 years and what have we gotten in return.

The administration should take a leaf out the 60's & 70's administrations and become ruthless, if they are not prepared to make the appropriate decisions, then maybe they should move on. Yes, BIG changes are required, they should not be restricted just to the playing list, the football department has been just as culpable as some of the players. I hope that Greg Miller's comments are only a front and that his review on the football side of things included an honest account of the coaching staff and the playing list.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Iwatched carlton at subiaco oval today and even though they got hammered id consider them to be in a better position than us oh how depressing to think that rabble is better than our tiges :( :( :( :( :(

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Here here Ark and Untamed Tiger. Your posts were well balanced and very accurate. Time for a hanging or too. Welcome aboard - we need more ruthless posters like yourselves. Hopefully Miller is just as ruthless or he can go back to the kangaroos.

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
the claw said:
Iwatched carlton at subiaco oval today and even though they got hammered id consider them to be in a better position than us oh how depressing to think that rabble is better than our tiges :( :( :( :( :(

You're joking right? Their best players again were the ones who won't be there in two years..

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
UntamedTiger said:
I am an avid reader of PRE and todays performance and certain comments, has finally prompted my first entry in this forum.

I make no apology for being extremely disappointed and not tolerating of the crap that we have generally had to watch since 1982. Comments from the club that we tige supporters should be patient and wait for the good times, are becoming boring. We have been waiting and consistently turning up for more than 20 years and what have we gotten in return.

Welcome UntamedTiger. :)

I agree 100%. I'm a realist and some of the crap I've read from the club the last couple of weeks really annoys me.

I wonder if they believe it, or think they can con us into thinking things are travelling well.

I think the supporters have shown great faith sticking by the club for such a prolonged period of poor success and off field mismanagement.

At times I think the club is a tad too condescending towards the loyal supporters. We probably hurt more anyway. It's not just a business or a career for us, it is a deeply ingrained passion that people who blow in and out of a club would never experience.

We have a right to hope for and expect a competitive team, and the club needs to realise that imo.

Go Tiges.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
johndoe said:
Its the easy way out to blame the coach, i don't remember the coach playing today.

The players are the ones that should be held accountable, talk of getting rid of the coach mid season does nothing but create trouble within the club

Hiya johndoe, welcome to the site. :)

I don't think too many people would advocate getting rid of the coach mid season. I would certainly like the coaching departments performance to be assessed as closely as any other aspect of the RFC at seasons end though.

The coach didn't play yesterday, but he was in charge of the team out there. I'd like to know why they aren't performing for him.

I think it must be a combination of things and I don't believe it's right to give the coaching panel automatic exemption from sharing the blame.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ark7ikfoX said:
The mediocrity has hung over this club for far too long and if Frawley is not the man for the job then it is time for RFC to find the man that CAN do it

Welcome to the site Ark7. :)

I agree with you. Not saying whether Danny is the man or not, but I am sick of being told he is when the runs aren't on the board.

If he's not the man it's worse to keep someone on purely so we're seen to be past the sack the coach mentality.

We've had almost our best 22 playing recently and the performance is nowhere near acceptable.

The reasons need to be identified and addressed whatever they are.

Actions speak louder than words.

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Hi all again,

Our computer is up and running again after a few months of downtime.

On watching yesterday's game, it appears to me that only a handful of our players are really giving their all in games. Coughlan, Rodan and Campbell in my opinion stuck out like a country mile yesterday in their endeavour for the ball. At times I thought Bowden was plain lazy. After reading that Ottens is homesick and wants to go back to SA, I am now worried that Coughlan may soon feel the same. It must be very very disappointing to put in 100% every week but not feel the same effort coming from your mates.

Again I have that feeling that something is not right at the club. Politics? Personality clashes?? If a player is not happy there is no way that he will give 100% in a game for the club. The passion for a lot of them is just missing. There is something wrong.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tassie27 said:
Hi all again,

Again I have that feeling that something is not right at the club. Politics? Personality clashes?? If a player is not happy there is no way that he will give 100% in a game for the club. The passion for a lot of them is just missing. There is something wrong.

Welcome back Tassie. :)

I agree with you that something is wrong at the club. I hope they identify it and fix the problem. They don't have to tell us what it is even, but I wish they'd stop telling us things are going well when evidence shows otherwise.

The media articles the last few weeks could have us doubting the club realise they are in dire straights.

Surely they couldn't be that naive behind closed doors.

Or could they?

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
once again to you frawley bashers if we sacked spud who would want to coach us?
wallace?not a chance in hell he has stated he will only coach again if that side looks premeirship material.
sheedy?he,s to wise to comeback.
eade?we are the kings at shafting coach,s.

so you clowns once again we will be left with 4th pick coach.
we have made our bed now we have to sleep in it.
we have to take our medicine a sweep the broom though our list and do what should have been done 2 years ago.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:

Do you think the coaching performance shouldn't even be discussed on here or looked at within the club come seasons end j2r?

Personally I would be extremely disappointed if it wasn't. That wouldn't be very professional at all. :mad:

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
johnson2richo2003 said:
we have to take our medicine a sweep the broom though our list and do what should have been done 2 years ago.

J2R, maybe I miss your point here and I do agree that we should be taking a big broom to the list, but doesn't the above tend to contradict you arguement.

Sorry if I missed you point here.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
johnson2richo2003 said:
once again to you frawley bashers if we sacked spud who would want to coach us?
wallace?not a chance in hell he has stated he will only coach again if that side looks premeirship material.
sheedy?he,s to wise to comeback.
eade?we are the kings at shafting coach,s.

CRAP J2R,

Wallace has gone from earning $400k to about $50k, so don't believe a word he says, he would take the tigers job in a heart beat if it became available.

Any prospective coach would back themselves to achieve success at Richmond, and I reckon a few would have already gone thru our list and made changes they would like to see if the job did become available.

Frawley is the worst coach in the AFL. On the TV, he looked completely shattered, and that was before the game even started. He is finished and knows the only thing saving him is a contract.

Once we lose to Collingwood, Bullies, Freo and Saints, he will walk....a good riddance.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
gustiger12 said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
my point like spud we were all fooled by our list at the end of 2001 rightly or wrongly spud took a gamble with hudson etc and it didnt pay off.we aslo signed some players who came off a very good 2001.even this year look at tivendale,s form he,s been outstanding but you have to question why?he,s uncontracted at the end of the year and similar to the king,s,biddescombe,s,holland,s,and richo,s he,s playing good football.there is an alarming pattern there.maybe miller is on to it already.
its time the players are accountable as well as the coach.
if spud goes then so be it however if the broom isnt swept through the list like it should be then we once again face a bleak future.

J2R, maybe I miss your point here and I do agree that we should be taking a big broom to the list, but doesn't the above tend to contradict you arguement.

Sorry if I missed you point here.