10,000,000 Cousins threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10,000,000 Cousins threads [Merged]

Will Ben Cousins Be Playing In The AFL Next Year?

• Yes, At The Eagles

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Yes, At Another Club

Votes: 92 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 136 51.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 9.9%

• Total voters

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He will be 28 at the start of the 07 season and quite possibly will have reached the point where he believes he would be better off with a fresh start in a bigger city. What wd you give up remembering he has kept himself largely injury free and possibly would have 5 years left. Our d/p 16 should be kept if possible. :hihi ..maybe Gas and our no2 d/p?

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
Re: What would you give up for Cousins?

He wont leave the WCE so there is no point even speculating about it mate.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

Tubytiger said:
He wont leave the WCE so there is no point even speculating about it mate.

Why so sure? If he loses the captaincy which seems likely his public image is likely to be trashed and his heroics/brownlow forgotten. I know he knocked back the opportunity to go to Geelong under the father/son but I think he might look at such an opp differently now, as might West Coast.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

I don't know why we wouldn't look at him. He is one of the games elite ... 6 players? He is consistent, a great on field leader..If we were interested in Fev then we are clearly not going to be put off by the off field stuff.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

It would depend on whether any of our players are members of a bikie gang and whether the Coffin Cheaters would be willing to do a trade.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

hypothetically......Leysy would give up Cogs for Cousins in a heart beat

Nothing against Coughlan who is a valuable player...but Cousins is clearly a couple of notches above him.

We would need to sweeten the deal further as well if he became available.

its extremely unliekly to happen though

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

Interesting period coming up for the Coasters. Despite having such a wonderful system and a highly disciplined, no-nonsense coach, they are beginning to shoot themselves in the foot.

It beggars belief how such a well-run organisation can end up with on-field leaders like Cousins, Gardner and Embley, who are all of alleged poor character. Unfortunately, this is not 1970 any more, when a player could have been an axe-murderer off the field and he would only be judged by what happened on the field.

This has he potential to drive a huge wedge between the club, the match committee and their senior players. Worsfold will need the wisdom of Solomon to get out of this one. HAving just made a stand on Gardner, this could not have been any worse timed.

HellsTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 15, 2004

If its our first cousin, I think its still ill eagle (illegle). :)

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

rosy said:
RROFO said:
Come on guys. We only just got rid of Zantuck.  :crazy

Indeed.  :clap

comparing Zantuck to Cousins is taking a very very long bow.

One is one of the premier midfielders in the land......the other a very very average footballer

chalk n cheese

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

They are still an influence on the young kids coming through no matter how good thay are at football.

As Cogs' proud president rosy would like Leysey to know Mark isn't going to be on the trade table. We have our own home grown potential Brownlow Medalist and a future captain who'll lead by example into the bargain.

Eat 'Em Alive Cogs.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004

Whispers tell me that Cousins has a very young "wet behind the ears" easily led mind. Gardiner apparently has been leading him astray for a while. Maybe a shift interstate away from the "crowd" he is being led by could be the best thing that happens to his career.

In answer to your question - What would you give up for Cousins? - it would be a very difficult decision - but I would reluctantly trade one great mid fielder for an out-side mid fielder with a raking left foot in Tivendale - the wide open spaces of Subiaco would suit his game and he would blossom under Worsfold.

That is fair - they get rid of a player with poor attitude who is a thorn in their side for a running player who can deliver the ball deep inside the 50 line on Subi oval - occasionally.

zips

The NEW Tigers of SAME OLD, SAME OLD!
Apr 19, 2004

RROFO said:
Come on guys. We only just got rid of Zantuck. :crazy
The difference is that Cousins CAN play!

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

RemoteTiger said:
Whispers tell me that Cousins has a very young "wet behind the ears" easily led mind. Gardiner apparently has been leading him astray for a while. Maybe a shift interstate away from the "crowd" he is being led by could be the best thing that happens to his career.

In answer to your question - What would you give up for Cousins? - it would be a very difficult decision - but I would reluctantly trade one great mid fielder for an out-side mid fielder with a raking left foot in Tivendale - the wide open spaces of Subiaco would suit his game and he would blossom under Worsfold.

That is fair - they get rid of a player with poor attitude who is a thorn in their side for a running player who can deliver the ball deep inside the 50 line on Subi oval - occasionally.

eagles will want a proven player plus a early draft pick.