2017-A time to stock up on Talls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017-A time to stock up on Talls

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
easy said:
well, one's not going to be short and slow.

Could easily be if they're not identical, sometimes one might even be a girl, or at least play like one.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Midsy said:
07twins.jpg

Tom Hawkins and Dion Prestia. I didn't know they were related.

(I'm carrying you, btoz. Where are you?)

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Is anyone else annoyed that if it wasn't for the Academy bidding system we'd have E.Hipwood on our list? instead we may need to fork out a serious price to get Schache?

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Jonesracing82 said:
Is anyone else annoyed that if it wasn't for the Academy bidding system we'd have E.Hipwood on our list? instead we may need to fork out a serious price to get Schache?

I think given our own area going forward we will be able to use this going forward, I'm not really annoyed and with Josh for me its simple, wouldn't consider 2 1sts, perhaps a late one and a fringe, Balmey knows the game inside out, I'm confident if we get him we wont overpay, think we overpaid slightly for Prestia as we had committed mid last season and its how it panned out..

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Broders said:
A mate of mine said that Brian Waldren told KB this morning that there are twins from Halebury College who could go picks 1 and 2 at this years draft. They are both tall and very athletic apparently.

Does anybody know who he is referring to and how accurate his claims are?

The King twins....Ben and I forget the other ones name. Big athletic KKP. Eligible next year I think....don't quote me.
Max!! Ben and Max.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
ToraToraTora said:
The King twins....Ben and I forget the other ones name. Big athletic KKP. Eligible next year I think....don't quote me.
Max!! Ben and Max.

Thanks Torax3 that's them

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
ToraToraTora said:
Max!! Ben and Max.
Yep 2018 draft not this year

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Jonesracing82 said:

So you be happier with Hipwood than Rioli?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
TigerMad said:
Very happy with Rioli, just in the context, we could have got a fwd for a top 15 pick & if we get Schache we'll be paying way overs based on what he might be instead of what he is atm.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TigerMad said:
Haven't seen much of Hipwood, but he's one seriously impressive unit. Might have Daniel well and truly covered in a year or two. Hipwood appears to have everything required to be an elite KPF. Not so much brute power but pace, marking, mobility, goal kicking, appetite for the contest. Might be a tad early n over enthusiastic from limited viewing but the other Riewoldt strikes a chord.

TigerMad

Dec 18, 2002
TigerMasochist said:
Haven't seen much of Hipwood, but he's one seriously impressive unit. Might have Daniel well and truly covered in a year or two. Hipwood appears to have everything required to be an elite KPF. Not so much brute power but pace, marking, mobility, goal kicking, appetite for the contest. Might be a tad early n over enthusiastic from limited viewing but the other Riewoldt strikes a chord.

Agree.
We were never going to get Hipwood anyway.
Just keeping Brisbane honest.

TigerMad

Dec 18, 2002
Rioli is a terrific get, but I think most would still be happy now if things went differently and Hipwood was now in the yellow and black.

But remember that we also selected another player, even before Hipwood, that GWS also matched.
Not sure we would have been so happy now if GWS didn't match, and we actually got that player instead of Rioli.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
TigerMad said:
Rioli is a terrific get, but I think most would still be happy now if things went differently and Hipwood was now in the yellow and black.

But remember that we also selected another player, even before Hipwood, that GWS also matched.
Not sure we would have been so happy now if GWS didn't match, and we actually got that player instead of Rioli.

On draft night some in the media were surprised that we nominated Hipwood as he was seen as a second round selection. I for one am encouraged that we nominated.

The GWS boy was Kennedy.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
B.Anderson tweeted saying hard to get excited bout this yrs draft & that the decent tall fwds are in 2018 draft? what are the thoughts of those in the know here? Bully/Scoop?

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Jonesracing82 said:
B.Anderson tweeted saying hard to get excited bout this yrs draft & that the decent tall fwds are in 2018 draft? what are the thoughts of those in the know here? Bully/Scoop?

If that's true then we absolutely have to get Schache at seasons end. We can't go another season where our second key forward is Elton.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Leysy Days said:
There are a number of FA talls still available as well Broders.

Jack aside our fwd line is young, ideally we get a KPF at the same age as the rest of them, Schache fits this profile