2017-A time to stock up on Talls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017-A time to stock up on Talls

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Both Balta & Hayes playing some great footy, both shaping up as top 10 picks. We need to get one of these guys. As for smalls, Higgins a cut above, a bit wasteful but still kicked 4 on the weekend. Cam Raynor another who should come into consideration. And for the award for best draftee name - Irving Mosquito.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Both Balta & Hayes playing some great footy, both shaping up as top 10 picks. We need to get one of these guys. As for smalls, Higgins a cut above, a bit wasteful but still kicked 4 on the weekend. Cam Raynor another who should come into consideration. And for the award for best draftee name - Irving Mosquito.

Is he a small forward?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Is he a small forward?

180cm so could migrate to the midfield, ran a 2.80sec 20m so has pace to burn, Michael Long in style. Needs to learn a bit of composure but has tricks & good vertical leap. Not eligible this year but is making good progress.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
bullus_hit said:

180cm so could migrate to the midfield, ran a 2.80sec 20m so has pace to burn, Michael Long in style. Needs to learn a bit of composure but has tricks & good vertical leap. Not eligible this year but is making good progress.

Is he one of our zone indigenous prospects. See he's wearing vic country colors.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Is he one of our zone indigenous prospects. See he's wearing vic country colors.

Gippsland Power player, originally from Hall's Creek. Currently with Hawks Academy. System will work in a similar way to GWS & Suns, we can bid early but Hawthorn has right to match.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
bullus_hit said:
Gippsland Power player, originally from Hall's Creek. Currently with Hawks Academy. System will work in a similar way to GWS & Suns, we can bid early but Hawthorn has right to match.

Get him to move to Bendigo!! :hihi

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:

Balta showing some great versatility playing back, forward & ruck. Had a tremendous game on the weekend. Reminds me a bit of Darcy Moore. I'm a huge fan.

Bully, what are your thoughts on Cerra? I'm a huge fan. Coming back from injury in 16 , I think he may be an Ollie Wines type but better aerobically.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
at this stage are you Schache or one of these guys as we prob can't get both?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
SCOOP said:
Balta showing some great versatility playing back, forward & ruck. Had a tremendous game on the weekend. Reminds me a bit of Darcy Moore. I'm a huge fan.

Bully, what are your thoughts on Cerra? I'm a huge fan. Coming back from injury in 16 , I think he may be an Ollie Wines type but better aerobically.
at this stage are you Schache or one of these guys as we likely can't get both?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:

Cerra impressed me a couple of years back in the TAC GF playing as a 15 year old, had time in the clinches and is a very organised player. Don't have his athletic data but he's not slow, I'd say quicker than Wines if we're drawing direct comparisons. At the moment the inside players who will be around our pick are Cerra, Worpel & Petruccelle. I currently Have Petruccelle in front - just. Why? He's super quick, ran a 2.82 sec/20metre & his contested possession numbers have been super impressive. He's running at just under 60% for the season which is elite, Dangerfield territory if we're drawing comparisons. But I'm not discounting Cerra and my evaluation is partly influenced by his absence last year. He didn't make the cut for the AIS but neither did McGrath & Taranto, in no way should this be a deal breaker. Eagerly awaiting the u/18 state comp for more information.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
What would ppl's thoughts be on using our 2 1st's on Schache & another tall fwd or would you go a mid/best available with the live pick?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Jonesracing82 said:
What would ppl's thoughts be on using our 2 1st's on Schache & another tall fwd or would you go a mid/best available with the live pick?

No, no and NO. Two first round picks for Schache is massive overs. Prefer to go the draft table and get our own. Not only would it be better for our salary cap but it would give us two chances.