2017 Grand Final Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Grand Final Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Nervous as anything but feeling better now that I am on the train.

Play our best game and we'll win.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Bit of notice for anyone who acquired a ticket from an AFL member - I was asked to produce the membership card as well as the ticket at Gate 6.

They asking everyone or just randoms?

Where r u sitting im on level 2A in afl members?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
They asking everyone or just randoms?

Where r u sitting im on level 2A in afl members?

Not sure if they’re checking everyone. I got there about 10am and there was hardly anyone entering at that gate. Not sure if they’re as strict with everyone or the attendant just wanted something to do. When I struggled to find the card he said it’s OK, they can look up the details on the computer. Found the card though.

Am standing in the public area like always. Bay in front of me is all Crows.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Menadue got through in the sprint heat. Slow start, burst through, could probably have won but eased up near the finish and ran 2nd or 3rd.

Remember the good old days when the sprint was the highlight of GF day for Tiger supporters? I don’t miss them.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I truly believe Richmond's eleventh premiership cup will be on the mantlepiece tonight.
Feeling really good and comfortable, yet very excited about seeing the Tigers strut their stuff today.
Believe in Tiger Time.
Richmond by 39 points.
Go Tigers.

pepito

Tiger Rookie
Apr 19, 2004
Poor Richo ... that interview with "The Killers" was painful.

Wankers made no effort to even pretend they cared about the game.

Wake up to yourselves AFL and stick to Aussie talent for our grannies.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Agree Aussie talent.

No more I/S artists.

Come grab millions take off.

NO MORE.

Menadue lost. 3 rd I think. Eased up I thought?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Average winning margins is 5 goals in GF according to Blighty who of course went for Adelaide.

Is that true?

What's the margin say the last 10 years.

Last time unchanged sides went into the GF unchanged was over 70 years?

Is it windy at the G.
Any rain coming?

PurpleSneakers

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 9, 2007
I reckon if we're within24-30 points half way through the 3rd we're a massive chance to run over the top of them. Just gotta hang on for 2 1/2 quarters. Carna Tigers!

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Everyone can take some deep breaths and relax now.

Just had an elderly Indian woman on the train come out of the blue and tell me that the Tigers were going to win!

I then asked "do you believe it will be by lots or just a little?", and after a thoughtful pause, she came back with "a lot!"

Done!

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Just finished mowing the lawn.

Helped take my mind off the game for a half hour or so but getting locked in now.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Can't stand anymore that people talk about what a wonderful story the Crows of heartache, no top 10 draft picks and salary cap punishment.

Ok losing their 2 coaches was tragic but they also cheated and try to cheat the salary cap.

We are just as deserving.

37 bloody years.
Nearly became extinct.

And so on....

Bondi Tiger

Tiger Cub
May 31, 2011
Sydney
Just to be clear menadue was only in the heat. Im pretty sure he got into the final. Great vibe here. Feels less corporate than i expected. Seems like everyone is wearing a tigers or crows scarf

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
two hours behind here. Not even 12 and I'm on my second Tiger beer. The things I do for the Tiges

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to hear Brandon speak with his true Yank accent. Funny hearing them sing the Oils' Forgotten Years...heh heh...

Might go and see them in May next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.