2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I’m one of the silent readers who enjoys the work. Thanks. My suggestion is to work out if you still enjoy doing the analysis or not and let that be your guide. Not what other people say. They act of making a prediction in writing puts it out there so it’s definitely going to get comments. The knowledgeable posters here, which includes you bully, have a pretty impressive strike rate to my uneducated eyes.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I will add my thanks to Bullus, and all who share their knowledge of the juniors.
Totally loved reading the top 50, was top shelf. Thanks

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The 2018 crop, looks incredibly strong.

Lot of really good kids are going to have decorated careers.

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
bullus_hit said:
I'm actually getting pretty fed up with some of the comments in this thread, of course I'd hope for a decent player but this is all just hindsight stuff isn't it? And if the truth be known, I would have looked at ways to get back into the first round with a 2020 first (presuming Maurice Jnr shows rapid improvement).

But whatever, I'm calling it now, I won't be doing any draft stuff this year & beyond, Scoop can take over, or you can if you like. It seems the more work I do the more sh!t I cop. Definitely understand why Phantom gave up all those years ago, truly thankless task.
FWIW its great reading on the juniors threads from your self and other junior watchers and I say that having been a fly on the wall type of poster on here for what must be the best part of a couple of decades.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Not recruiting Bytel has officially bitten us on the arse.
Because he's broken down, St kilda has put him on the long term injury list and stolen Marsh from our VFL team.
Sliding doors moment right there

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Dont Argue said:
Because he's broken down, St kilda has put him on the long term injury list and stolen Marsh from our VFL team.

So you'd give up next years first to have a midfielder on the long term injury list and coming from a long way back pretty long odds to make it now (and you need to take current player off the list, say Sydney Stack, Luke English or Jack Ross) for a defender that would have played in our VFL side in 2019(we don't have a spot for him this year so you would need to draft him next year so you are giving up another pick next year on top of the first rounder) and Bailey Williams.

It might be a sliding doors moment for a massive bullet we have dodged.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dont Argue said:
That’s some bizarro logic right there.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
SCOOP said:
So you'd give up next years first to have a midfielder on the long term injury list and coming from a long way back pretty long odds to make it now (and you need to take current player off the list, say Sydney Stack, Luke English or Jack Ross) for a defender that would have played in our VFL side in 2019(we don't have a spot for him this year so you would need to draft him next year so you are giving up another pick next year on top of the first rounder) and Bailey Williams.

It might be a sliding doors moment for a massive bullet we have dodged.

Was being sarcastic.
Should have added ::)

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Found out today that my wife's cousin - her son has been selected in the Northern Knights U18 squad. I believe it's the lower age group.
Looking forward to see how he develops this season.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not to.reignite old arguments but interesting report out of west coast,
From the afl site:

Bailey Williams was the hero for the Eagles, with the youngster slotting the match-winning goal late in proceedings to help his side to a two-point victory over Claremont.

Williams finished with three goals for the match