2018 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2018 Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I appreciate the positive feedback guys but I've made my decision to opt out, it has been brewing over the past 12 months & it's time for someone else to take the mantle. When I get questioned for my loyalty to the club or individual players that is enough for me to just go back to watching Richmond perform without the baggage that comes with having a different opinion on list requirements. Aside from that I sense quite a few posters have turned this into a game of points scoring, so better for me to sit back and let Matt Clarke do his thing. This year's Phantom Draft will hopefully go ahead but it will need to be done by someone else, I've enjoyed the ride so I strongly recommend that another keen junior watcher takes up the opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Bullus,I will miss your incisive comments on possible draftees.
Your knowledge of their strengths & weaknesses and what particular attributes they could bring and marrying it to our perceived requirements transcends know nothing Richmond tragic from afar, like myself.
Sleep on it,next October we might have another Premiership in the pocket and you might be re-energised to cut through the negative crap & provide your knowledgeable commentary on the up-coming draft.
I hope so,anyway.

E

easy_tiger

bullus_hit said:
I appreciate the positive feedback guys but I've made my decision to opt out, it has been brewing over the past 12 months & it's time for someone else to take the mantle. When I get questioned for my loyalty to the club or individual players that is enough for me to just go back to watching Richmond perform without the baggage that comes with having a different opinion on list requirements. Aside from that I sense quite a few posters have turned this into a game of points scoring, so better for me to sit back and let Matt Clarke do his thing. This year's Phantom Draft will hopefully go ahead but it will need to be done by someone else, I've enjoyed the ride so I strongly recommend that another keen junior watcher takes up the opportunity.

*smile*.

I hope you get the fever back and mumford yourself bully.

Your junior analysis is top 5 fav thing on pre for me.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Brimmy said:
Bullus,I will miss your incisive comments on possible draftees.
Your knowledge of their strengths & weaknesses and what particular attributes they could bring and marrying it to our perceived requirements transcends know nothing Richmond tragic from afar, like myself.
Sleep on it,next October we might have another Premiership in the pocket and you might be re-energised to cut through the negative crap & provide your knowledgeable commentary on the up-coming draft.
I hope so,anyway.

X 2.

If this is truly your swansong Bullus, thanks very much for your Herculean efforts over the years.
Forensic detail, intelligent and articulate insights, with respect and restraint in the face of the occasional nitpicking and puerile point-scoring.
I’m disappointed that the latter has got to you but during your break please realise that for every nitpicker there are 100 silent readers who love your work.
Doubt I would come to PRE without your contributions so really hope you have a refreshing off-season and can come back in due course.
All the best and thanks again for your efforts.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
17 said:
X 2.

If this is truly your swansong Bullus, thanks very much for your Herculean efforts over the years.
Forensic detail, intelligent and articulate insights, with respect and restraint in the face of the occasional nitpicking and puerile point-scoring.
I’m disappointed that the latter has got to you but during your break please realise that for every nitpicker there are 100 silent readers who love your work.
Doubt I would come to PRE without your contributions so really hope you have a refreshing off-season and can come back in due course.

well said & I concur

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thanks for the efforts Bully, you’ve been a great way to quickly find out info on the up and coming draftees.

Lol don’t lower yourself into Phantos junior assessments, your knowledge and strike rate is proven to be a hell of a lot better standard.

Don’t blame you one iota for not wasting your time an effort on the forum anymore , caesar also goes out of his way to keep us informed and has to put up with unnecessary crap.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
That's always the risk but I'm hoping the 2 for 1 deal comes up trumps. Obviously a poor year by Richmond would be a huge spanner in the works but I think we're good for top 4 at this stage.

As for next year's draft, looking like a midfielder's draft which is why I was so keen to lock in a talented tall, especially with Jack nearing the end. You just never know when another opportunity will present itself.
Our young talls showed some good signs at the intra Club yesterday, if one of them can step up by the time Jack retires the problem is averted for now.
In any case there may be a tall that has a good jnr yr, they pop up each yr.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
it is so sad that a couple of plonkers that have no respect ruin all this draft insight for the rest of us

FFS

Bully please ignore the trolls

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
nikolasmia said:
it is so sad that a couple of plonkers that have no respect ruin all this draft insight for the rest of us

FFS

I 2nd this, if true it really is a shame. It's only because of Bully i go into the Draft with a fair idea of who the players are etc..

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
17 said:
X 2.

That goes for me as well Bullus. I put o lot of stock in your opinions and really look forward to reading the discussions you have with Scoop and others about the merits of one player over another and your insights into the next generation players. I for one hope this to be a temporary hiatus and that you'll be back all guns blazing very shortly.

I was waiting to bring this up later in the year but if are no longer going to comment on the junior talent then I'm going to be a bit cheeky and ask for your opinion on one kid.

The day before the Prelim last year whilst attending my mothers funeral one of my sisters friends came up to me and said that she'd really like me to meet her son, Campbell John Edwardes. His mum is a red headed Irish lass whilst his dad is a Maori (not the massive type but think a 6’2” Dwayne Johnson lookalike) and at 16 Campbell already had his old man covered at 6’5” and had just made the All Australian Under 16 team. He’s already got a manager and has been told by several clubs that they are watching him and that if he continues to develop and keeps his nose clean he’s a definite 1st round prospect in his draft year (2019 or 2020 I can’t remember which one he said it was).

He’s a really nice kid and when I joked with him that I heard he was a superstar he just winked and said “Yeah, I go alright” then laughed and added “my mum told you to say that right!”

He seemed like a really nice kid, had his head screwed on right and I hope for his sake that he has a long and successful career in the AFL. I didn't ask nearly enough questions of him as my heart wasn't really into footy that day, so I was just wondering if you'd come across him and if so what your opinion of him as a player is?

Cheers

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
Like a Lot of others (the majority I’m guessing) I really enjoy reading your posts Bully and it will be a real loss if you limit your contributions re Juniors. Your record is top notch and have earned a lot of respect. It is a shame that a few don’t appreciate you putting your neck on the line like you do. I for one do. Thanks for the countless hours you have put into informing those of us who are less knowledgeable on the subject. :clap

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Like others, I am sorry you are not going to provide your insights in future.

Your comments (even if I may disagree with some of your opinions about the way the game is going) are the main reason why I have read threads about the drafts over many years.

I also find myself going back to your comments time and again to check your opinion on players.

I value your opinion like few others and, like the loss of so many other insightful posters over the last few years, I deplore the decreasing quality of the site due to dipsh!ts that know so little and try to drag others down to their level with their incessant sniping.

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
I hope nothing I've said has contributed to this decision Bullus.

Just like you I have strong opinions on the draftees coming through. I know I have challenged your thoughts every now and then but I definitely meant no disrespect.

This forum would be much worse off without your input and you would really be missed by everyone I'm sure.

I hope you change your mind.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This site will be poorer for Bullus opting out.

Enjoyed your comments and opinion mate

Just remember that this is the internet and anybody that has a keyboard has an opinion and mostly they are not as informed as yours

Prefer you to reconsider but can understand and respect your decission

Thanks mate

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
What a shame.
Bullus you make the draft period interesting and more understandable.
I feel like I really know the players weaknesses and strengths and your knowledge gives me a genuine interest in the draft.
I never miss the draft now, and enjoy every pick with Bullus and Co's insights.

Understand the decision is yours, but maybe just take a step back for a while?

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
turk-d-tiger said:
This site will be poorer for Bullus opting out.

Enjoyed your comments and opinion mate

Just remember that this is the internet and anybody that has a keyboard has an opinion and mostly they are not as informed as yours

Prefer you to reconsider but can understand and respect your decission

Thanks mate

x2

I too have really enjoyed reading all of your insights & opinions over the years Bullus.

Appreciate all of your work & will miss reading your views on this coming years draft hopefuls.

Thanks again Bullus!

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
nikolasmia said:

FFS

Me to.Ignore the wankers Bullus!!

The Don

Is Good
Dec 21, 2007
Sydney
TigerTribe5 said:
x2

I too have really enjoyed reading all of your insights & opinions over the years Bullus.

Appreciate all of your work & will miss reading your views on this coming years draft hopefuls.

Thanks again Bullus!

x3, Thanks for your hard work and insights, Bullus. Always enjoyable reading.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
For us interstate supporters the information here on the up coming drafts is gold. Always good to see how close the predictions are.