2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

What a game.

2/3
What an achievement through adversity as I said great things can be achieved.

Redemption accomplished.
Powerful display.

Back of my mind I thought we might smack , like a few of you here predicted , but not in my wildest dreams did I think or believe it would be a near 100 point thrashing.

Dominant slow start but those last two were just deserved such was our domination that still the commentary was we were lucky as GWS turnovers cost those two late goals.

From quarter time our pressure , attack, tackling and our array of goal opportunities was too much for GWS.

Commentary again was that GWS were overawed. Nothing to do with the above.

Jack silenced his critics. Thank you Cornes.
Lynch tremendous . It was the Jack/Lynch alternating show.
Georgie Boy , his speed mesmerised not only his opponents but himself at times. Could have had 6. Should have used his kick around the corner instead of traditional style !
Rioli & Bolton their pressure was immense.
The midfield led by a 10 possession first quarter by Prestia, a powerful display by Edwards , a captains game from Cotchin(what goal in the last), Soldo & Nanks smashing of Mummy who was a liability to Pickett’s goal courtesy of Dusty(team first pass)(what debut and close to a Norm Smith), a Dusty performance better than 17(now a due Norm Smith Medalist).

To our tremendous back 7 who kept GWS powerful and potent forward line to 25 points, the lowest in recent history.
Baker & Short were not overawed and played their part to Dave, Nick, Grimes to Houli (close to a Norm Smith medal) whose reputation and big game stage performer rose even more.

This was an even team performance.

Second half some dirty tactics and late attempts at spoil & tackle started happening from two of their snipers in Cameron & Greene we just played the ball and kept punishing them on the scoreboard which culminated in our highest recording GF margin.

Wonder if the below from Toby gets looked at. Again what was he doing?

This is an effort & achievement from all the players on our list. Others may attempt at TEAM , LOVE, UNITY and try to copy us, The Richmond Way(see below pic) but no one will come close ( as it’s genuine)(see also pic of one Nathan Buckley).

The smile on Richo( my favourite Tiger growing up) is worthy again to put below.

On Game Day tomorrow is Houli Douli & Cotch. Ch 7 @ 10am.

Enjoy the Pickett goal and the players reaction.

Congratulations to all that went, watched from overseas, from around Australia and to the supporters on PRE who have made this roller coaster year such a joy.

We will get Rance, Stack, Graham
Higgins plus a number of our VFL will improve even more.

Never get ahead of myself but we should be aiming again for top 4.

The feeling of this premiership is different to 17, but it didn’t mean I wouldn’t have been shattered if we didn’t win.

I believe we still have at least another one in the tank !

Attachments

• 86DDD929-47A6-4897-BDEE-48E2704E1E3D.png
    86DDD929-47A6-4897-BDEE-48E2704E1E3D.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 45
  • B24F50AB-D9EE-4851-A7D4-AD878403178F.png
    B24F50AB-D9EE-4851-A7D4-AD878403178F.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 5E7AC332-CDBB-4A13-AD4D-58E65D940C26.jpeg
    5E7AC332-CDBB-4A13-AD4D-58E65D940C26.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 49
  • 333BF495-CF18-4B1D-9F1D-D7706A9013DC.png
    333BF495-CF18-4B1D-9F1D-D7706A9013DC.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
RFC is the blueprint for AFL clubs ... watch the others try and copy and replicate what Richmond has developed
What’s Dimma got two of that Nathan has none?
Can’t wait to see Collingwood reserves players running onto the ground in their jumpers next year to celebrate a seniors win !

Reactions: 1 user
How happy must Lynch be feeling this evening!

Good decision there young man! :)

Reactions: 3 users