2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

Another touching wonderful pics.

Attachments

• 312597DA-28B0-46E2-87AA-21F888D44B06.jpeg
    312597DA-28B0-46E2-87AA-21F888D44B06.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 60
  • B8B04EE8-E704-4A73-B014-CC36FA838371.jpeg
    B8B04EE8-E704-4A73-B014-CC36FA838371.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 60
  • 0F3E40AE-FCA4-424C-985F-DDE8BF2F1E2E.jpeg
    0F3E40AE-FCA4-424C-985F-DDE8BF2F1E2E.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 59
  • BCEE5A1A-A56C-49B3-91E8-476E00BD520C.jpeg
    BCEE5A1A-A56C-49B3-91E8-476E00BD520C.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 60
  • FF4D3FE7-7FBD-444E-B5A7-A31DD977187F.jpeg
    FF4D3FE7-7FBD-444E-B5A7-A31DD977187F.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 2 users
Have we just destroyed another team ala Adelaide in 2017?
Will they also crawl into the foetal position and fade to insignificance next year, muttering - Yellow and Black

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I've got a lot of laughing to let out Space. I can smell the stink of envy everywhere now.

Me too brother!
After tomorrow I’m going to call SEN and unleash on every hateful mofo who has disrespected us the past week

Reactions: 3 users
It's been a day when marvellous new memories are created, and wonderful old memories are recalled.

Today I watched our win with my 93 year old father in his Kyneton nursing home.

In 1967 that same man took me – plus his own father – to watch us beat the Cats.

No doubt many of you have similar stories to tell, of family tradition and inter-generational connection.

Reactions: 20 users
I've suffered from Clinical depression, haven't been on here for a while. The sheehan show bought it home for me. To see my Tigers win today was a great boost. Thanks Tigers.

Reactions: 18 users
Wow, just WOW :cupgold

I was at Punt Rd today, watching the game on the score board so low res and sun blasting on the picture. Barely knew the scores most of the day, but didn't need to keep track of scores because we were so far ahead.

Last GF I ever went to was 1980, never thought we would win one by more but we just did.

What a great game by our players, they were just amazing. Even performance too, can't think of anyone who didn't contribute.

Pickett, geez I thought that was an exciting selection. Clearly underestimated just how exciting it was. He did so well. A testament to his ability, to his effort to change his life and to the culture of our club.

We have players coming back in Rance, Stack, Graham et al. What an exciting time to be a Richmond supporter.

We may lose a couple, Ellis looks gone - thanks for the memories Brando, I can understand if he goes. He would have lived a precarious life financially as he grew up and now will get the opportunity to set his family up for life. Make the best of it Brando, you deserve it and will always be a life member at Richmond.

GWS: what can you say? They were beaten by a side which was a lot better than they were. Yes, they came through the hard way, yes they would have been tired and a bit worn out. But they were simply outclassed. I have a lot more time for GWS than The Suns, they actually do seem to be doing positive things in their region. They will be back, they won't get flogged like that on GF day again. Leon Cameron is not stupid, he will take a lot of learnings from this day. Toby Green can go get f***ed though, hope they cite him as he went for the face again today. If they really want to build a culture to be proud of they need to lose Green - talented but not worth it.

DS

Me too brother!
After tomorrow I’m going to call SEN and unleash on every hateful mofo who has disrespected us the past week
Please please please do,it,do.it after 9,if possible let us know has that pig arse if a station was discussing in its biast this week and most of the finals.

My youngest daughter fell asleep after a huge day. I’m a bit young for a granddaughter but gee I feel tired and old. Time for me to turn in too.
When you wake up tomorrow, there won't be any need to pinch yourself. It happened.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences today. For my sins, I had to work and couldn’t t even watch the game. Have a great weekend all !

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences today. For my sins, I had to work and couldn’t t even watch the game. Have a great weekend all !
Wow. Just got home. Well done boys. Awesome win. Congratulations to everyone involved in getting the club to this position. My voice is gone and will be for a few days to come I think.
I do have to say well done to the GWS fans that attended. I don't think I saw one leave, they stayed till the end and the presentations.

That kind heartedness doesn't extend to the team though :)) . The GWS Midgets.
I was at the game in Canberra in 2016 where we kicked only 3 goals. As someone has already posted, the scores are eerily similar with the reverse result. I was there today and it erased those bad memories.
Hopefully we now get the respect we deserve. I don't care about being liked or loved by the media and opposition supporters, but credit where it's due and given to others clubs in the past that seem to be missing when it comes to us. Maybe the jokes and ridicule that accumulated over the past 35+ years seem to be hard to be rid of, we are a powerhouse juggernaut now and deserve to be feared.
And I think we broke another club today :)

What an amazing day. So proud to be a Richmond supporter. We have gone through the times. Days like today make it worthwhile

Our defence performance in the GF was unbelievable. Not a weak spot anywhere so Alex is going to have to work hard to regain his place next season

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any medicos on line?

Is there such a thing as a syndrome

Where you win premierships, have more money than you can carry, eat too much thinly sliced abalones, drink too many margaritas

And you cant see any dark on the horizon? Just blinding light?

• Haha
Watching the replay. Just noticed Fev dressed up in all Tiger gear....like a real supporter!

I've been struggling with mental health all year and this has really helped me see the light. Thank you Tigers.

Reactions: 20 users