2020 Membership card | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Membership card

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I looked forward to the simple things.(eg cap/scarf/stickers) each year.
Stickers on my diary, work equipment, car, laptop. Damn I even bought a ride-on this year. Had a choice.. Rover (red/black) or a Cub Cadet (yellow/black). My member sticker was slapped on my new the Cub Cadet. No brainer. LOL

Im not surprised. Annoying. The cost should be incorporated in the membership as a package.
Wont be long before they will do away with caps, scarves and stickers and they claim you have to pay extra to get them and spin some made up fabricated crap to justify the decision.

Come on RFC. Dont be stingy for crying out loud.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Umm.. A plastic card would cost them bugger all. A reminder we made a $4.1m profit this year!

As we seem to be the trendsetters in new age thinking, what's the chances that it's the 'thin edge of the wedge'.... and we're heading towards a digital card in the not too distant future?
I know it sounds preposterous but maybe in years to come if you want the physical item you'll be paying a premium.
First it'll be on ya phone and eventually they'll insert a microchip. .... which could be handy when I forget who I am ;)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As we seem to be the trendsetters in new age thinking, what's the chances that it's the 'thin edge of the wedge'.... and we're heading towards a digital card in the not too distant future?

Given you can already download a digital memberhip from the RFC app on your phone, you could be onto something.
I saw it as a backup. Now I'm not so sure that will be the plan going forward..

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I agree with others that I'm not a fan of AFLW players being on the card. I refuse to take that comp seriously until they play a full home and away season. The AFL aren't taking it seriously enough, so why should we?

i technically don't need a membership card as I am Roaming Tiger and MRC. They only really need to provide me with the barcode for Roaming Tiger and i get a medallion for MRC. However, people do collect membership cards. I still have ones from the 90's when they used to hole-punch the games.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
There has certainly been a dumbing down of membership services except for the increase in access to Premiership Cups.

Anyone not on the rolling membership know the time-frame between membership payment and receipt of package?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
After throwing a strop I have managed to get a promise for a card for this year only but no more. On receipt of the card a letter to the membership GM and the CEO will be venting my anger. If I send an e-mail the chances of getting my message to those in charge will be about nil. I will keep people posted

Why not grab an old Visa card and spray paint it yellow and black if its that important.

we are winning premierships in the most glorious era of our lives.

enjoy.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Very, very comfortable is the RFC administration at the moment.

Im very very comfortable too.

I know no two versions of any of our worlds are the same,

but I honestly think anyone complaining about anything RFC at the moment has some kind of perspective deficiency syndrome.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As I've previously said, that's exactly the attitude they are relying on.

It used to be that anyone who said something positive was set upon by angry Tigers, now it is the opposite. As soon as you question anything the old 'if that's all we have to complain about......, look at what they have achieved, how dare we question them......, look where we are now compared to where we were before.....' comes out.

The reality is that is a very dangerous position for a membership to take. If we don't hold the board and administration to account we end up like Carlton.

I've never felt happier, more included, more empowered, more optimistic or more proud of our club as I do right now.

so I'm just gonna enjoy it.

by the time we end up like Carlton, they'll probably be winning flags too

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I agree with most of that but I also think the one thing we all agree is we don't want to take another 40 years to feel like this again.

Yes. I even don't want to take another 9 months to feel like this again.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Why not grab an old Visa card and spray paint it yellow and black if its that important.

we are winning premierships in the most glorious era of our lives.

enjoy.
A bit of a silly comment re paint spraying.
The way I and others look at it we non game day members pay good money to show our support to the club and a thing like a membership card is part of our memorabilia and means we may not live in Melbourne any more but we are valued as part of the club. I am happy we are a successful and well run club and get great joy watching a match whatever the hour is I have to get up to watch. All the club is doing is penny pinching in the guise of saving on plastic etc. I would be happy to pay an extra dollar or so to keep my collection of membership cards going.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Don't mind the card as it's a historic moment for the club. My only gripe about it, as it was for 2018, was there is no reference to the premiership from the previous season. A pic of the team celebrating or even little cup logo in the corner would have been a nice acknowledgement.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A bit of a silly comment re paint spraying.
The way I and others look at it we non game day members pay good money to show our support to the club and a thing like a membership card is part of our memorabilia and means we may not live in Melbourne any more but we are valued as part of the club. I am happy we are a successful and well run club and get great joy watching a match whatever the hour is I have to get up to watch. All the club is doing is penny pinching in the guise of saving on plastic etc. I would be happy to pay an extra dollar or so to keep my collection of membership cards going.

apologies, I was projecting the importance I place on the card onto you.

I'm acutely aware we are all different and love and value different things.

Like I said, I have a special relationship with the fridge magnet fixture.

you are right it was a silly comment..

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
apologies, I was projecting the importance I place on the card onto you.

I'm acutely aware we are all different and love and value different things.

Like I said, I have a special relationship with the fridge magnet fixture.

you are right it was a silly comment..

No problem at all, we are all different in wants etc. I just wish I had been younger when I was working in Melbourne all those years ago and could have got permanent residence but you can't win them all and I still have my Tigers as my sporting passion

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
I'll preface this by saying I am a woman. I absolutely love what AFLW is doing for the junior levels. Girls can and are now playing football and the inner 9 year old girl in me is immensely jealous. BUT, they have to let the whole hero-worship part of AFLW happen organically. If they keep force feeding us "stars", we'll turn away. I was actually embarrassed for the ladies at the Rioli's Rookies day when they were lined up with the men's players for autographs and mostly ignored by the kids who wanted their heroes to sign their jumpers. In a couple of years those women might be their heroes but at the moment they aren't. My membership package was welcomed by an eye roll.

Reactions: 4 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Don't mind the card as it's a historic moment for the club. My only gripe about it, as it was for 2018, was there is no reference to the premiership from the previous season. A pic of the team celebrating or even little cup logo in the corner would have been a nice acknowledgement.
To be fair, they were probably designed and ordered long before the flags were won

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They could have waited to see how far we went before producing the cards, can't take all that long to print up membership cards, especially if they were ordered a long time ago. The main issue with printing was always finishing. I used to produce a student diary for a uni years ago, took a couple of days on the press and a couple of weeks being folded and bound. Cards would just be printed and cut to size, I figure they must be printing a fair number per page. A nice premiers 2019 logo would have been a very welcome addition.

As for the women on the card, well I stand by my argument that the AFLW team is part of the same club. When you get the "add on" to the membership it is membership of the "RFC AFLW Foundation". Membership of the RFC includes all the teams which represent us: AFL, VFL, AFLW, VFLW and VWFL, or at least that is my reading of the situation.

We all know the main team is AFL but acknowledging the other teams is reasonable, especially a new team to represent us, and hopefully add some more silverware within a few years (no pressure!).

DS