2020 Membership card | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Membership card

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I'm an international member with no games included. I got my membership pack, but no card. Oversight? Or have the club decided that with a no game membership I don't need one?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'm an international member with no games included. I got my membership pack, but no card. Oversight? Or have the club decided that with a no game membership I don't need one?

What's in your membership pack as a point of interest?

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I'll preface this by saying I am a woman. I absolutely love what AFLW is doing for the junior levels. Girls can and are now playing football and the inner 9 year old girl in me is immensely jealous. BUT, they have to let the whole hero-worship part of AFLW happen organically. If they keep force feeding us "stars", we'll turn away. I was actually embarrassed for the ladies at the Rioli's Rookies day when they were lined up with the men's players for autographs and mostly ignored by the kids who wanted their heroes to sign their jumpers. In a couple of years those women might be their heroes but at the moment they aren't. My membership package was welcomed by an eye roll.

A very fair comment I reckon. You can't force these things. It's like trying to create something that's cool. Cool is just a property of some people and some things, it is almost impossible to build it in. You can always tell when someone is trying to force your hand, it is always met with resistance. Trying to push it, is effectively forcing you to resist something that you might organically support. It actually creates a bad feeling. so has the exact opposite effect to the one you are trying to push. The best idea is to just stop pushing.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Look at UKTiger posts on page 4 of this thread. Would that be the same with you? Its a cost saving exercise by the club.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Same here Knighter. The club has confirmed that its no longer part of the package. The international membership i think does come with 1 game admission but in any event the card isn't offered. I wrote to the club and they said they will 'issue' me a card this yr but not to expect it any further which i must admit found extremely rude by membership team. I basically cost the club nothing....its a donation really with no match day costs. Think they can spend the $2 on getting me a card to be honest. pretty pissed about it seeing i have the last 30 years worth i wanted to give to my son...now it stops.

Reactions: 5 users

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Same here Knighter. The club has confirmed that its no longer part of the package. The international membership i think does come with 1 game admission but in any event the card isn't offered. I wrote to the club and they said they will 'issue' me a card this yr but not to expect it any further which i must admit found extremely rude by membership team. I basically cost the club nothing....its a donation really with no match day costs. Think they can spend the $2 on getting me a card to be honest. pretty pissed about it seeing i have the last 30 years worth i wanted to give to my son...now it stops.

Yup. Pretty much how I feel. I don't remember getting any correspondence from the club about this, and the lanyard kind of rubs salt in the wound. I've always found the individuals I've dealt with over the years to be great and friendly and helpful. But this seems a little mean spirited.

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Yup. Pretty much how I feel. I don't remember getting any correspondence from the club about this, and the lanyard kind of rubs salt in the wound. I've always found the individuals I've dealt with over the years to be great and friendly and helpful. But this seems a little mean spirited.
Maybe they are trying to push people away from that type of membership knowing it might upset members to a 3 game membership - a more expensive membership for the extra $$ profits (thinking the first "type" of membership where the club spends to a couple of dollars to print a card).

Maybe they should offer an option ($5 extra - issue a membership card - like "dot a box option" in the renewal process. P.s. not that it really should be extra). Just my view.

Get in touch in membership dept and get one if they are doing it for just "next year". I truly shake my head in disbelief.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
A shrink wrapped scarf, a lanyard and a fridge magnet. I haven't unwrapped the scarf, it could be hiding in there I suppose.

Ah, you need to remove the shrink wrap.
I’m been trying to wear my scarf with the shrink wrap on. Though it was a weather proof thing.
Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe they are trying to push people away from that type of membership knowing it might upset members to a 3 game membership - a more expensive membership for the extra $$ profits (thinking the first "type" of membership where the club spends to a couple of dollars to print a card).

Maybe they should offer an option ($5 extra - issue a membership card - like "dot a box option" in the renewal process. P.s. not that it really should be extra). Just my view.

Get in touch in membership dept and get one if they are doing it for just "next year". I truly shake my head in disbelief.

It should be about keeping tigers fans globally connected to the club. Making international pay extra for what is really a free cash pmt to them yearly seems pretty insensitive to me. They have done a lot of good lately... this is not one of those moments though. There was no notification or correspondence about it... they are pretty happy to invoice you in November for the membership though. Fact is.. my cost to them is minimal. Spend the money to send us a card. full stop. You are creating 100k of them anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
ive been using my members paraphernalia as a recruiting tool.

anyone who shows the slightest interest in the tigers (mostly travellers), I give them a members cap or scarf of which I keep a stashed in my ute.

they are invariably stoked, listen intently to the legend of Dusty, and are eager to pledge lifetime allegiance

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Why not grab an old Visa card and spray paint it yellow and black if its that important.

we are winning premierships in the most glorious era of our lives.

enjoy.

Nah disagree there Easy.

I prefer to go retro and back to the medallions that members were given.

Damn the introduction of the first issue of the printed card that was clipped at the turnstiles by the attendant and the subsequent emergence of the current plastic card!

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Wonder why they haven't gone hi-tech and issued a members app so you scan your phone to get access to all things Richmond

Plastic cards are going the way of rotary dial phones, fax machines and walkmans

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wonder why they haven't gone hi-tech and issued a members app so you scan your phone to get access to all things Richmond

Plastic cards are going the way of rotary dial phones, fax machines and walkmans

I have around 30 plastic cards. Be a while yet before they disappear. Many of our old folk still getting used to the transition from gameday entry tickets to cards :)

Reactions: 1 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I can live without the card, but what's the point of a lanyard if their's no *smile* card to hang off the end of it? Also, magnet draw? Jesus, I can't read the type it's so small, and... internet? Rather that money was spent on something useful.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The club have been making it more difficult for international members for a while now. If they stopped and thought about it, they'd want to encourage us as we don't turn up to games, functions, members days etc. We give out money and really expect nothing in return other than a Premiership.

My current gripe is that I need to have what they call a game day membership to keep my MRC membership. This year with the International having a 1 game admission it seemed like you could take International and MRC and that's it. Apparently that's not that case as the International Membership is, after talking to Management, considered an "Add-On". When asked if it's an Add-On, how come it can be purchased standalone, the club went silent.

The club wants to make sure it doesn't alienate too many of the hard core rusted on. We've proven we'll be there when the club is *smile*, but if they treat us like *smile* during the good times, they are running a risk.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I have around 30 plastic cards. Be a while yet before they disappear. Many of our old folk still getting used to the transition from gameday entry tickets to cards :)

The end of the plastic card for anything is nearer than you think. NSW Drivers licences are now downloaded.to your phone

The phone will be your wallet....just don't lose your phone....although even further in time we wont have phones they will be watch type devices that can do everything including projecting vision.....then just don't lose your arm.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The end of the plastic card for anything is nearer than you think. NSW Drivers licences are now downloaded.to your phone

The phone will be your wallet....just don't lose your phone....although even further in time we wont have phones they will be watch type devices that can do everything including projecting vision.....then just don't lose your arm.

Yes I know I can make payments with my watch now. The trend is definitely moving towards cardless society however I think it will be a long time before cards are repalced completely. Most, if not all, companies provide card-based options for those that don't want to use mobile phones. I stil find cards easier to use in many instances. Some apps are just terrible.