2020 Round 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Round 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Don't get the "social distancing" after they have been tackling and throwing themselves at each other all night.

Might as well shake hands at the end, they have all been in contact. This is a contact sport.

DS

Yep. Weird.
Don’t shake hands after the game due to virus.
During the game it’s okay to grab, tackle, hit and sweat on each other.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We do make it hard for ourselves failing to put teams away % wise but 2 premierships in 3 years who am i to complain?

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We give up goals so easily via free kicks and poor turnovers and decision making as we did tonight next week and the Skunks will give us a hiding.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thats likely 2 or 3 votes for Cripps in the Brownlow tonight.
I’d reserve that assumption until after we see the skunks play tonight

Yep I get it but the Maggots are a much different proposition to Carlton

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I don't know what to make of that. Who knows what to make of anything at the moment.

True

In all honesty our first quarter was fantastic took foot off a little.

Had it not been for the Umpires in the first half theyd have been nigh on goalless in the first half.

Last edited:

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I reckon Titus O’Reilly is right - we invoked the work at home mentality “Richmond honoured the 'working from home' mentality tonight. Worked about thirty percent of the time and only when they absolutely had to. “

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I think we might see a fair few ins and outs almost regardless of form.

Won’t be surprised to see the likes of Ross, CCJ, Balta, Collier Dawkins, etc, etc more often than we would normally. Will be good for their development, as well as a protective measure.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Don't get the "social distancing" after they have been tackling and throwing themselves at each other all night.

Might as well shake hands at the end, they have all been in contact. This is a contact sport.

DS
Im guessing its more about protocol and setting examples of the new standards

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How will we tell which reserves are in form?
Dimma mentioned the possibility of 14 v14 scratch matches v other teams during the aftermatch. Wasn't any more expansive than that.
Made it clear we will do whatever is needed to get through the games.
Think IF we do continue to play, we're gunna see some pretty innovative stuff to keep everyone rolling. Don't envy the job of Peter Burge and his crew.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Lowest tackle count in the game since 2005?

LTRTR can you confirm this?

Was this game also the Tigers lowest count?

Practice match

* Balme didn’t look impressed up in the stands***

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
3 each to Daniel, George, Shai and Jack. That's about as even a spread as it gets.

Lynch had a quiet night but he did his job and crashed and bashed room for his forward comrades.

Dusty played like Dusty does... in March. Expect some cameos until July-ish when he starts amping into beast mode.

I mentioned many years ago about the skill of tapping on to advantage. The game is being sped up so quickly there is little time to take possession. If you watch the La Liga you will notice how one touch that competition is compared to others. Its beautiful to watch and we should aim to be the same. Practice the tap ons and like Polly did with the handball, employ the tap and change the game forever!

Agree with others, it was just a practice match for us. We will lift another peg for the other scum this week.

Gonna be a ripper... if it goes ahead :\

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Apart from 2 years ago when they jumped us it went as per our normal round 1 games with them. Jump them then they slowly claw their way back into it before we steady with a couple of late goals. Don't underestimate they have been training longer & more practice matches.

Good to get the win on a strange funny night for the obvious reasons.

How weird when on the couch cheering a goal that you are louder than the crowd at the game.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We looked underdone last night. Literally ran out of legs in the 2nd half.

Lets not forget teams like Carlton are at least 3 - 4 weeks ahead of schedule in terms of 'runs in the legs'.

We just need to keep banking the 4 points for now.