2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It’s getting harder and harder for me to think of reasons why we shouldn’t draft Amiss with our first pick after Chol & CCJ have moved on. Huge swing by me I know but I think it may be necessary.
It makes sense. Look up any decent key fwd & you'll see the vast majority were taken in the 1st round

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ideally, we bundle our late picks and get the Dogs' first, which will be 19 or 20 after Daicos/Darcy bids. Effectively we'd then have 9, 17, 19, 28, 30.
I just can't see why Freo lets Amiss get past them at pick 8 (assuming they get it from Carlton) if he's genuine quality. In that case and if we have the two teens picks I think Andrew comes into consideration. Not saying he's the pick but you'd think about it.

Of course, Cerra might not go to Carlton. He could go to Melbourne. Carlton won't choose Amiss, they have McKay and Curnow.

The other possibility is Cerra chooses us and we trade 7 (9) to Freo. (We would do that in a heartbeat.)

So, at 9 it's Amiss, Cerra or whoever we think is best of what's left (Andrew, Sonsie, Sinn, Goater, Rachele the lead candidates).

At 17 and 19 we get two of Sonsie, Rachele, Wanganeen-Milera, Goater, Draper, Johnson, Sinn, Chesser, Butler, Wilmot. Pace and class.
At 28 and 30, two of Williams, JVR, Bazzo. Bookends. Or if we get Amiss or Andrew, one of those three and/or another running player(s), small forward(s) (Clarke, Motlop) or medium forward like Howes.

Bada-bing.

Reactions: 4 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Ideally, we bundle our late picks and get the Dogs' first, which will be 19 or 20 after Daicos/Darcy bids. Effectively we'd then have 9, 17, 19, 28, 30.
I just can't see why Freo lets Amiss get past them at pick 8 (assuming they get it from Carlton) if he's genuine quality. In that case and if we have the two teens picks I think Andrew comes into consideration. Not saying he's the pick but you'd think about it.

Of course, Cerra might not go to Carlton. He could go to Melbourne. Carlton won't choose Amiss, they have McKay and Curnow.

The other possibility is Cerra chooses us and we trade 7 (9) to Freo. (We would do that in a heartbeat.)

So, at 9 it's Amiss, Cerra or whoever we think is best of what's left (Andrew, Sonsie, Sinn, Goater, Rachele the lead candidates).

At 17 and 19 we get two of Sonsie, Rachele, Wanganeen-Milera, Goater, Draper, Johnson, Sinn, Chesser, Butler, Wilmot. Pace and class.
At 28 and 30, two of Williams, JVR, Bazzo. Bookends. Or if we get Amiss or Andrew, one of those three and/or another running player(s), small forward(s) (Clarke, Motlop) or medium forward like Howes.

Bada-bing.

Spook what's your take on Draper I reckon this kid is a beauty not sure we're he goes through.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Weideman is a spud. Clarke has pretty much said we won't be trading 7 so i'd say Cerra is out for us as that'd be Freo's asking price.
Blair might change Clarke's mind if Cerra's available.

Weideman is a spud of a key forward. They make good key backs.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Spook what's your take on Draper I reckon this kid is a beauty not sure we're he goes through.
I'm not sure either, Dan. He could go as early as Adelaide's pick or as late as our second pick and anywhere in between. He's a talent but there are concerns whether he's a true mid.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Bada-bing.

Unless we plan on delisting a lot more, I can't see us taking that many picks. We will take 3 or 4 to the draft. so will use our later picks to get involved with trades up. I suspect Collingwood and the Dogs will be the first ones we call, regarding either moving picks into next year (Pies) or moving up the order (Dogs)

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Weideman is very much like TV.
Just does not have the killer attack a key forward needs.
Would be mauled in defence. No thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’ll have money on Van Rooyen being gone within the top 20.
You don’t last on the board forever getting BOG in a state game and being an athletic, competitive tall in a very small group of KP defenders.
So IF we want him, we’ll have to at least use pick 20 we receive from Notth at the very latest.
Won’t last till 26.

Reactions: 4 users