2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Richmond is going to have a key forward problem in the future

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
30 May 2022

Tom Lynch is only sidelined for another match or two with his hamstring issue, but his absence against Sydney revealed a lack of key forward depth. The Tigers opted for a smaller attack, bringing in Jack Graham and using a resting ruck in Ivan Soldo or Toby Nankervis as the second tall. They were able to catch the Swans out when playing their quick, scrambling style, but struggled to match them in the air. Jack Riewoldt will be 34 in October, and after the unexpected double departures of Mabior Chol (Gold Coast) and Callum Coleman-Jones (North Melbourne) last year, there are no developing key talls on the list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/769966/nine-things-we-learned-flagmantle-is-the-real-deal

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Channel 7 news saying we are looking at Jacob Bauer from SANFL. 19yo 191cm forward.
We apparently had someone go to SA to speak to him.

Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The club is desperate for a developing tall forward. Must draft one at all costs. Should be our priority.
Then recruit a seasoned contested mid or two with the money we accumulate through retirements.
I believe we are at critical juncture and am a little concerned with rumours I’m hearing of offering Jack and Trent another year. Unless it’s on dramatically reduced terms, we could find ourselves in no man’s land. They obviously provide leadership and quality on the field but it robs younger players of opportunities. Very tricky situation.
Not so concerned about money it’s the opportunity, I’d wait a while and see how the season unfolds re jack and Trent , I think jr8 should def retire ,,,Trent , as I say wait and see

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
What would you do with our forward line if Jack retires? Who plays there? I have no problem with Jack playing on, and I also don't really have a problem with Cotch playing on. They set standards and if our mids aren't hitting those standards, why do you want them to be gifted games?

If I'd heard Edwards in the same mix I'd be more concerned as I don't think he is playing good footy right now, but if we lost Shedda and Lambert to retirement this year I wouldn't be upset giving Jack and Cotch another year. We have plenty of others we can delist, like Aarts, Martyn to name 2. Add Parker and potentially RCD.

We only have a couple of good picks this year (3) so I'm not sure we want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I think you’re right minimum 2 of jack Trent shedda and lambo retire

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Channel 7 news saying we are looking at Jacob Bauer from SANFL. 19yo 191cm forward.
We apparently had someone go to SA to speak to him.
Saw that unfortuntely, so 1) club needs to be far more discreet; the way it was reported an entourage went over making it all very obvious and 2) a big thank you to CH7 for giving it such sensational coverage.
The world sure knows our intentions now ... unless a big smokescreen to hide our interest in someone else. But, if Bauer, even 7 report stated several other clubs with interest have picks ahead of us.
So the bummers now know who to select; no effort required as usual.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Saw that unfortuntely, so 1) club needs to be far more discreet; the way it was reported an entourage went over making it all very obvious and 2) a big thank you to CH7 for giving it such sensational coverage.
The world sure knows our intentions now ... unless a big smokescreen to hide our interest in someone else. But, if Bauer, even 7 report stated several other clubs with interest have picks ahead of us.
So the bummers now know who to select; no effort required as usual.

Knowing how our team works this is a ruse for sure. We are after someone else and likely setting up someone to take him before us.

We have form with this - we've sent Carlscum after Stocker and Philp before when they thought we were keen. In reality we had no interest.

The players we are most interested in we never speak to. That ensures the managers can't leak info out to other clubs.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm thinking
Knowing how our team works this is a ruse for sure. We are after someone else and likely setting up someone to take him before us.

We have form with this - we've sent Carlscum after Stocker and Philp before when they thought we were keen. In reality we had no interest.

The players we are most interested in we never speak to. That ensures the managers can't leak info out to other clubs.
I'm thinking likewise although sounds like we didn't spare the $$ on this ruse if a whole group flew over for an interview. Suspect the recruiting team are much too smart but another example of RFC baiting on the commercial media IMO.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Lachie Carrigan like look of him in our vfl side.

After not playing any football in 2020 or 2021 due to compartment syndrome that required four different operations and both calves to be operated on, including an emergency procedure to have a clot removed, Carrigan has caught the eye of clubs across the past two months. Despite limited exposure, the Richmond playmaker has stood out in the VFL and in the Young Guns Series with his penetrating left foot, ability to break the lines and blend of speed and endurance. The 19-year-old starred in Colgate Young Guns Series, collecting 22 disposals and seven rebound 50s against Vic Country on Sunday after finishing with 20 disposals and eight marks against Vic Metro earlier this month.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I'm thinking

I'm thinking likewise although sounds like we didn't spare the $$ on this ruse if a whole group flew over for an interview. Suspect the recruiting team are much too smart but another example of RFC baiting on the commercial media IMO.
Probably used frequent flyer points that were about to expire :)

Matt Parker had no idea we were drafting him last year. Never spoke to him before the draft.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004

Let’s hope that is the case and that we don’t go back to Conca days.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

After not playing any football in 2020 or 2021 due to compartment syndrome that required four different operations and both calves to be operated on, including an emergency procedure to have a clot removed, Carrigan has caught the eye of clubs across the past two months. Despite limited exposure, the Richmond playmaker has stood out in the VFL and in the Young Guns Series with his penetrating left foot, ability to break the lines and blend of speed and endurance. The 19-year-old starred in Colgate Young Guns Series, collecting 22 disposals and seven rebound 50s against Vic Country on Sunday after finishing with 20 disposals and eight marks against Vic Metro earlier this month.
I reckon this is our guy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Probably used frequent flyer points that were about to expire :)

Matt Parker had no idea we were drafting him last year. Never spoke to him before the draft.
Pickett must have been the middle man in this.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I mentioned this kid last year, but keep an eye on Elijah Hewett from Swan Districts.

Thoughts on George Wardlaw ? Needs to size up a bit, but otherwise he’s exactly what we need in our midfield. Warming to him.
Not sure he will last to our pick. He’s a perfect fit.

Thoughts on Elijah Tsatas? I’m not sold on him yet for some reason. Everyone is raving about him.

I need to see more of Jhye Clark from Geelong, numbers look good.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not sure he will last to our pick. He’s a perfect fit.

Thoughts on Elijah Tsatas? I’m not sold on him yet for some reason. Everyone is raving about him.

I need to see more of Jhye Clark from Geelong, numbers look good.
Not a fan either.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Big chance….

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Richmond is going to have a key forward problem in the future

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
30 May 2022

Tom Lynch is only sidelined for another match or two with his hamstring issue, but his absence against Sydney revealed a lack of key forward depth. The Tigers opted for a smaller attack, bringing in Jack Graham and using a resting ruck in Ivan Soldo or Toby Nankervis as the second tall. They were able to catch the Swans out when playing their quick, scrambling style, but struggled to match them in the air. Jack Riewoldt will be 34 in October, and after the unexpected double departures of Mabior Chol (Gold Coast) and Callum Coleman-Jones (North Melbourne) last year, there are no developing key talls on the list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/769966/nine-things-we-learned-flagmantle-is-the-real-deal

Wow what a revelation, clearly the AFL employ talented journos who really know how to find a story before anyone else.

Seriously, do they get paid for stating the bleedingly obvious? Barrett just makes sh!t up and now we get a story which could have been written 2 years ago.

DS

• Haha