2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
For sometime I think that the bigger questions about recruitment have had a lot to do with the introduction of the 666 and stand rules.

The greater reliance on accurate disposal has meant the end of the road for some, and a similar threat for at least 2-3 who remain..

The recruitment of talls also has a different focus. Strength and hardness will become even more important with Lynchy’s qualities at a premium and Jacks less so. That is not to say one type is better just that the game is now better suited to a Lynch than a JR.

And after leaving us for a long time to wonder what was going on, I reckon Dimma has pretty much decided to return to chaos as our preferred game style.
Kick, run and tackle, which may see Noah tried again in the forward line, (this time with glasses).
Not sure the game has gone past Riewoldt types.
Champions are always in vogue.
Check out his two goals in the EF from the boundary line v Brisbane to remind yourself

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
This draft in my eyes will produce half of 2021 long-term afl standard players.
Without knowing tigers short long-term recruiting plan, how can anyone criticise such a successful team.
If a young tall has no afl weapon ,tigers would not be interested one bit,think kings,hawkins,Cameron, Lynch,Jack etc,all have a weapon in their armoury, anything less means desisted 3-4 years down the track.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Someone not mentioned

Someone that lives in WA

Someone who is shorter then 189

Someone that has 'hard nut' in his description

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Not sure the game has gone past Riewoldt types.
Champions are always in vogue.
Check out his two goals in the EF from the boundary line v Brisbane to remind yourself
Agree absolutely. Didn't mean to convey that the game has gpne past Jack but just that the post rule change game is now better suited to a Lynch forward battle ship type.
Jack will always be a favourite and those two plays remembered. Better still the play with Dusty and on to Meat ball for a goal in the R V Geelong 2019 preliminary final.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Jack's number one weapon is his football IQ. The smartest footballer I have seen. Will always be room in a side for smart footballers

Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Looking over the crops St Kilda and Carlton were my winners.

Carlton took three runners who are all great users of the footy. And as important all three run both ways, endurance and defensive running are powerful weapons. And Lemmey as we all know, is a great pick for what he could be. This is A+ for me.

Pick 11 - Oliver Hollands Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
Pick 30 - Lachlan Cowan Tasmania Devils/Allies
Pick 32 - Jaxon Binns Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Pick 47 - Harry Lemmey West Adelaide/South Australia

St Kilda just as good.

Pick 10 - Mattaes Phillipou Woodville West Torrens/South Australia
Pick 31 - James Van Es GWV Rebels/Vic Country
Pick 35 - Olli Hotton Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Pick 44 - Isaac Keeler North Adelaide/South Australia

Phillipou could be the best player from the draft and gives a very vanilla St Kilda midfield a point of difference. Same with Hotton, has more tricks than someone like Jack Higgins and is a much better athlete. And Keeler was a top 10 pick at one stage, at pick 44 its a great pick. Worth the risk.

Both crops will get three core footballers from these drafts IMO.

Reactions: 5 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Two of Verrall, Magor, Drury and Tylar Young.
Spook, question for you, I still have Syzbkowski in the frame - Verrall/Magor/Syzbkowski/Drury/Seth Campbell/Lovelock. I noted you put Syzbkowski in your busts & I found that interesting, do you think he's draftable? What were your main concerns?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Looking over the crops St Kilda and Carlton were my winners.

Carlton took three runners who are all great users of the footy. And as important all three run both ways, endurance and defensive running are powerful weapons. And Lemmey as we all know, is a great pick for what he could be. This is A+ for me.

Pick 11 - Oliver Hollands Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
Pick 30 - Lachlan Cowan Tasmania Devils/Allies
Pick 32 - Jaxon Binns Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Pick 47 - Harry Lemmey West Adelaide/South Australia

St Kilda just as good.

Pick 10 - Mattaes Phillipou Woodville West Torrens/South Australia
Pick 31 - James Van Es GWV Rebels/Vic Country
Pick 35 - Olli Hotton Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Pick 44 - Isaac Keeler North Adelaide/South Australia

Phillipou could be the best player from the draft and gives a very vanilla St Kilda midfield a point of difference. Same with Hotton, has more tricks than someone like Jack Higgins and is a much better athlete. And Keeler was a top 10 pick at one stage, at pick 44 its a great pick. Worth the risk.

Both crops will get three core footballers from these drafts IMO.
Agreed Scooper, those were the hauls that made me slightly envious.

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
WA component off the list after losing Parker and Stack back to 8 -

Kamdyn McIntosh
Liam Baker
Shai Bolton
Marlion Pickett
Nathan Broad
Ben Miller
Kaleb Smith
Steely Green

Not surprisingly, they're all tough nuts who don't back down #BashBrothers :bash
I'm emotional.......not Zips level but close. I love that our club shows a keen interest in the talent being produced over here. Can't have too many sandgropers I reckon. I tips my hat to Sam Cousens and the rest of the recruiting team. A couple of fine young Richmond men from my limited interactions. I'm looking forward to watching them develop at our great club.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I'm emotional.......not Zips level but close. I love that our club shows a keen interest in the talent being produced over here. Can't have too many sandgropers I reckon. I tips my hat to Sam Cousens and the rest of the recruiting team. A couple of fine young Richmond men from my limited interactions. I'm looking forward to watching them develop at our great club.
My old mum.... originally from Kalgoorlie, been here since '51 but still sees herself as a WA girl... loves it when we get another one (or 2). Always looks at the surname, then says. .. "hmmm, I wonder if he's related to so 'n so?!"
Now, if I could only get her to stop calling the Eagles her 2nd team!:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

azzatiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2021
Dan Cherny reporting that we’ve been linked to Blake Drury in the rookie draft this afternoon. Mid/fwd from Oakleigh Chargers