2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
And I'd just like to add a few words re. Cowan, quite a few posters have raised an eyebrow at my ranking, part of the reason he's perched at 11 is due to the fact he's spent his entire career as a midfielder, this year was his first as a rebounder. Not to assume he's a clearance king, he's not cut from that particular cloth, he's a kick first linkman & line breaker, his inside game not in the same league as Clark or Wardlaw but good enough for significant minutes in the centre square or on a wing at a bare a minimum. I personally had him ranked as the second best kick in the draft, that is deserving of such a high billing. Docherty who represents a decent comparison went at 12, I'm seeing something similar in Cowan.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Looking over the crops St Kilda and Carlton were my winners.

Carlton took three runners who are all great users of the footy. And as important all three run both ways, endurance and defensive running are powerful weapons. And Lemmey as we all know, is a great pick for what he could be. This is A+ for me.

Pick 11 - Oliver Hollands Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country
Pick 30 - Lachlan Cowan Tasmania Devils/Allies
Pick 32 - Jaxon Binns Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Pick 47 - Harry Lemmey West Adelaide/South Australia

St Kilda just as good.

Pick 10 - Mattaes Phillipou Woodville West Torrens/South Australia
Pick 31 - James Van Es GWV Rebels/Vic Country
Pick 35 - Olli Hotton Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Pick 44 - Isaac Keeler North Adelaide/South Australia

Phillipou could be the best player from the draft and gives a very vanilla St Kilda midfield a point of difference. Same with Hotton, has more tricks than someone like Jack Higgins and is a much better athlete. And Keeler was a top 10 pick at one stage, at pick 44 its a great pick. Worth the risk.

Both crops will get three core footballers from these drafts IMO.
Saints kilked it.

Spook, question for you, I still have Syzbkowski in the frame - Verrall/Magor/Syzbkowski/Drury/Seth Campbell/Lovelock. I noted you put Syzbkowski in your busts & I found that interesting, do you think he's draftable? What were your main concerns?
I called him a bust on the projections he'd go top 20. I compare him to Corbett, who is a better kick with cleaner hands. Similar runners, but Szyb's doing it carrying an extra 10kg, which is a plus for him. Wouldn't complain if we rookied but one-pace mids are a bit meh if they're not elite inside amd not sure he is.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dodoro is clearly confused, just picked up a mature age prospect from a club that isn't Richmond

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users