2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Handy but is a tall defender a priority v mids and a kpf ?
Grimes is 31 and Tarrant 34 next April.

Gibcus looks capable of playing forward, and we have Bauer and Ryan.

Agree that a mid might be a higher priority. Would be tempting though if he's still on the board, as he looks the goods.

Reactions: 1 users
Grimes is 31 and Tarrant 34 next April.

Gibcus looks capable of playing forward, and we have Bauer and Ryan.

Agree that a mid might be a higher priority. Would be tempting though if he's still on the board, as he looks the goods.
That is a fair argument.

But I'd be shocked if he took two KPD in a row.

Our funky internal ranking system could produce anything tho.

That is a fair argument.

But I'd be shocked if he took two KPD in a row.

Our funky internal ranking system could produce anything tho.
To my knowledge it's always been best available with a first rounder, in saying that I would be hoping a couple of mids land at the club this year, whether by trade or straight from the draft. I'm not quite as bullish on this batch to be honest, I thought last year had exceptional depth, having guys like Howes & Zac Taylor land in the third round was rare air.

This could be a very interesting trade period.

Current thoughts are that both Picks 1 and 2 will be traded by North and West Coast, probably to GWS and Gold Coast.

Reactions: 1 user
This could be a very interesting trade period.

Current thoughts are that both Picks 1 and 2 will be traded by North and West Coast, probably to GWS and Gold Coast.
Very interesting indeed, my hunch is West Coast rate Elijah Hewett very highly & are prepared to slide down the order if they can grab an additional player. For what it's worth I think Hewett is our best bet if the picks remain the same & he's still onboard.

Hawks probably take Cadman, Clarkson even money to follow the same script as the 2004 & 2005 drafts. I also like Cadman but it will entail some aggressive trading.

Very interesting indeed, my hunch is West Coast rate Elijah Hewett very highly & are prepared to slide down the order if they can grab an additional player. For what it's worth I think Hewett is our best bet if the picks remain the same & he's still onboard.

Hawks probably take Cadman, Clarkson even money to follow the same script as the 2004 & 2005 drafts. I also like Cadman but it will entail some aggressive trading.

Yeah I reckon West Coast would be stoked to get Hewett and probably Busslinger to go with him. They need volumes of picks IMO rather than just 1 first rounder. Before Chesser last year, you have to go back to 2014 and Liam Duggan to find a 1st rounder they still have on their list.

As a future star.

Bit of Ryder about him, bit of Buddy. I like him as a forward who can play second ruck.

Loads of talent, fast, skilled, kicks the ball well (and long), great at ground level for such a big lad, and takes a good mark. Massive scope. Tackles like they stole his bike. Could be anything.
Moves like Natanui. Kinda laconic at times but when he explodes to top pace it's a sight.

Any thoughts on trading next year’s first in this trade period to get Taranto or just to have an extra pick this year? I think it’s important to get a as much talent and development time in as possible atm so I would be for it.

Reactions: 3 users
Our 1st pick is gone to GWS. Unless Dusty leaves our earliest pick is 19.

Don’t rule out a Dusty & Buddy bromance at GC - I’ve heard a rumour

Our 1st pick is gone to GWS. Unless Dusty leaves our earliest pick is 19.

Don’t rule out a Dusty & Buddy bromance at GC - I’ve heard a rumour
I can tell you with full confidence that Dusty has committed to fulfilling his last remaining 2 years with Richmond.
Is going on a decent holiday and is determined to come back in peak condition next year

• Love
Reactions: 7 users