2022 Mid Season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Mid Season Draft

The HUN has us taking this guy:

10. Richmond – Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons/NAB League)

Forward-wingman, 188cm, 78kg

Dan says: Richmond’s most pressing need is a key forward, but it would be best served waiting until the national draft for an exciting tall. Otherwise, it lacks medium forwards and wingmen, with Hall-Kahan having the potential to cover off either of these areas with his versatility and strong overhead marking. The Sandringham Dragons product has turned heads in the NAB League, averaging 14.8 disposals, 4.5 marks and two goals per game to stamp his authority as one of the best prospects available.

Reactions: 1 user
I would take Josh Carmichael. 188cm , 89 kg onballer out of the SANFL. At 22 years old, this is his first exposure to any big league football, has come from Merbin up in the Sunraysia league to West Adeliade. So he's made the leap and for me, there is scope for further improvement. A lot of Jai Newcomb about this story. We need mids. He first the age bracket gap of out list. Right size to play quickly, shown he can win his own footy and fills a need on out list.

Reactions: 5 users
I would take Josh Carmichael. 188cm , 89 kg onballer out of the SANFL. At 22 years old, this is his first exposure to any big league football, has come from Merbin up in the Sunraysia league to West Adeliade. So he's made the leap and for me, there is scope for further improvement. A lot of Jai Newcomb about this story. We need mids. He first the age bracket gap of out list. Right size to play quickly, shown he can win his own footy and fills a need on out list.

sounds really good

If he is quick, it sounds even better

No knock on Bauer or Hall-Kahan, but I don't see how they fit into our 22.
A mid sized forward would be great, but who gets shifted out?
We don't want to lose a runner. They can't be a 2nd ruck. The obvious is Castagna but I don't want to open that argument! Let's just say they probably don't yet have the running capacity to run across the ground.

So who goes out?
Where do they fit?

Instead a mid can be squeezed in

sounds really good

If he is quick, it sounds even better
Not sure he's that quick. In this profile, speed is listed as an area of improvement. For his role that doesn't concern me, I'm sure his 3km trial time and running numbers at SANFL level are being assessed.

Merbein Matty Knights territory.

Geez Jacob BAUER looks like he is an elite marking forward - bucket hands. Funny kicking action that looks accurate. Will be a nice pick up for someone
His goal kicking approach for a set shot is unusual. His first couple of steps he looks like he is going to kick on his left, then he does a sort of skip step and gets back on his right boot. His accuracy looks good, from a small sample size.
He doesn’t have the strange skip step with his in play field kicking, a good thing as he could get caught a lot if he did.

For those in the know, what is the next level down from AFL around the country? If it’s VFL then we should take comfort that we have a couple of boys who have equipped themselves well in our VFL team and would understand their abilities. That goes a long way to managing the risk.
My fear with the other leagues around the country is that they are inferior in speed and pressure which dictates a players ability to make the right decisions and to execute accordingly.
But again I’m not totally across SANFL or the WAFL and would appreciate any feedback

Looks a bit stocky, how fast is he?

His goal kicking approach for a set shot is unusual. His first couple of steps he looks like he is going to kick on his left, then he does a sort of skip step and gets back on his right boot. His accuracy looks good, from a small sample size.
He doesn’t have the strange skip step with his in play field kicking, a good thing as he could get caught a lot if he did.
Agree

Not sure he lasts to our pick.

Will be gone in the top 5 picks unfortunately