2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
As good as Kane McCaullife? :cool:
He was better than him as a 16 year old:LOL: But Mcauliffe is on our list ,SO l hope he turns out to be very good.
He doesn't turn 18 until the end of August ,most of the stuff he did last year was as a 16 year old,,very very impressive ,and this is his first full year of just concentrating on football,he was part of the Vic u19 cricket academy .
Pat was too slow wasn't he? Great family the Bowdens.
I don't think he was any slower than Vlas,Pat was a excellent reader of the play,would have broken records for intercept disposals.
He was a bit unaccountable though .

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I don't think he was any slower than Vlas,Pat was a excellent reader of the play,would have broken records for intercept disposals.
He was a bit unaccountable though .
Very strong cricket to footballer vast improvement in three years pipeline, Caleb Serong & Jordan Clark spring to mind.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Spoke to someone in clubland today, Charlie Harrop who didn't get drafted this year has been doing a preseason at Norf. Has absolutely burnt up the track and has stared in match sims and intra-club. Would've played already if on the list. Clubs are on to him.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
AFL site vid says Jack Hutchinson No1 mid-season target? We look like we might have pick 1.

• Haha

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Spoke to someone in clubland today, Charlie Harrop who didn't get drafted this year has been doing a preseason at Norf. Has absolutely burnt up the track and has stared in match sims and intra-club. Would've played already if on the list. Clubs are on to him.

MSD I assume?

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
AFL site vid says Jack Hutchinson No1 mid-season target? We look like we might have pick 1.
Almost fell over when Meehan said he’s never seen Prestia so determined in rehab to overcome his injury.
He’s obviously still in denial.
Must retire and say goodbye with dignity. Will retire a champion so not sure what’s left to achieve

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
As is the entire freaking club. Opted for sentimentality rather than pragmatism. Personally think there should have been a balance between the two.

This is/will bite the club until there is a shift which I hope will happen sooner rather than later.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Almost fell over when Meehan said he’s never seen Prestia so determined in rehab to overcome his injury.
Must retire and say goodbye with dignity. Will retire a champion so not sure what’s left to achieve
I don’t understand this post, sorry

Dion Prestia is a contracted player who is being paid to play football this season. Why would you expect him not to be determined to overcome this injury?

He is a footballer, he wants to play. What happens when his contract ends is another subject.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Moves better than Green and Cripps combined. Hits it at pace. Leap. woohoooo. Fin last Tiges IDNGAF.
Maybe I was harsh. No doubt he's a talent and size plus athleticism is appealing. But he's nowhere near as physical as those two. He also fumbles, drops an easy chest mark and goes to ground too easily in that clip.

Not saying he's not a good prospect, clearly he is, but not sure he screams #1 (at this very early stage).

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon Tigers are going to prioritise player welfare this year and will have a top 3 pick to work with

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Here's Finn O'Sullivan from the same game. Only 15 disposals but six of them are clearances and he showed last year that production is not usually an issue. He's harder at it, cleaner and more creative than Smillie.

Edit: fractured his thumb in the first quarter and will miss several weeks, puts 15 touches in perspective. We can mark this one down as tough.

Last edited:

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Maybe I was harsh. No doubt he's a talent and size plus athleticism is appealing. But he's nowhere near as physical as those two. He also fumbles, drops an easy chest mark and goes to ground too easily in that clip.

Not saying he's not a good prospect, clearly he is, but not sure he screams #1 (at this very early stage).
Yeah I'm just getting excited at the prospect of having the oppo to draft a blue chip!