2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

Back in rhe late 80's fresh back in Australia I got involved in a pretty serious indoor cricket competition.
Being in 1st division we'd get the balls new. The lesser grades got them used.
The new balls would swing prolifically. Some of them had very high seams, so you could get it swinging either way very easily, just with seam angle.
We had half the Carlton district cricket team playing for us, plus one of the aussie fast bowlers fresh back from the South African rebel tour.
Was a lot of fun, but with game times as late as half 10 start at night, it was hard to be doing that and backing up for work in the city when you had to be on a train by half 6 or 7am.
Damn I could swing an indoor cricket ball. Got a double hat-trick playing in a division 1 league at my local indoor many moons ago. Poor bloke couldn't pick the swing. Won a few comps playing mixed and various levels. That ball was magic but also tried half shaved tennis balls and good old electrical tape.

Damn I could swing an indoor cricket ball. Got a double hat-trick playing in a division 1 league at my local indoor many moons ago. Poor bloke couldn't pick the swing. Won a few comps playing mixed and various levels. That ball was magic but also tried half shaved tennis balls and good old electrical tape.

I remember playing cricket with a mate in a Scout Hall, we used to serve the tennis ball using a tennis racquet. You had no idea where it was going and it was damned fast on a very short pitch. Unfortunately it still didn't do anything for my lack of cricket talent . . . such is life. Was fun though.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

That's my trophy for winning thr bowling aggregate, which sort of annoyed me because i'm a batsman, but an ex Carlton district player in our side named Barry Pendleton took that trophy. He could seriously bat.

Admittedly as useful as the seam was to swing the balli'd often throw in the odd ball where i'd roll my fingers across the back of it to produce inswing, but cut back towards off when it bounced. I had a signal for the keeper who'd move to his right in anticipation of the edge (i was a left arm fast.) I'd also try rolling the fingers the other way which would produce outswing, and a lethal cut towards leg on bouncing, but my control of that ball wasn't great. Was good when it came off, was bad when i hit silly mid off behind the ear with it.20231108_110034.jpg

For those considering attending Gather/Reach Round:

Gather Round 2024 fixture (all local times)​

Thursday, April 4
Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACDT

Friday, April 5
Brisbane v North Melbourne, Norwood Oval, 4.40pm ACDT
Port Adelaide v Essendon, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm ACDT

Saturday, April 6
Sydney v West Coast, Mount Barker, 1pm ACDT
Carlton v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval 3.50pm ACDT
Geelong v Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm ACDT

Sunday, April 7
Gold Coast v Greater Western Sydney, Mount Barker, 12pm ACST
Richmond v St Kilda, Norwood Oval, 2.50pm ACST
Collingwood v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval, 4.40pm ACST

Norwood Oval capacity 10000. Fixturing for television, not fans.

• Dislike
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
AFL propaganda on the RFC site:

Richmond and AFL members once again have free access to our match, a new family ticket will be introduced where kids go free, and a discounted multi-day pass will also be available. Full ticketing information for Gather Round will be released in the coming weeks.

Ffs. It’s started already. The year on year shafting we receive has begun.

We’re playing St Kilda on a Sunday at 3 pm at Norwood Oval - maximum 10,000. Are you *** serious ? We’ve been shoved into the NM, GC, GWS bracket of clubs.

Can’t imagine St Kilda fans are all that happy either.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

We’re playing St Kilda on a Sunday at 3 pm at Norwood Oval - maximum 10,000. Are you *** serious ? We’ve been shoved into the NM, GC, GWS bracket of clubs.

Yep it’s a farce. The perennial losers in Essendon get rewarded again with a Friday night fixture.

Reactions: 1 users

We will be Playing Stkilda at the shithole later in the year.

For those considering attending Gather/Reach Round:

Gather Round 2024 fixture (all local times)​

Thursday, April 4
Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACDT

Friday, April 5
Brisbane v North Melbourne, Norwood Oval, 4.40pm ACDT
Port Adelaide v Essendon, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm ACDT

Saturday, April 6
Sydney v West Coast, Mount Barker, 1pm ACDT
Carlton v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval 3.50pm ACDT
Geelong v Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm ACDT

Sunday, April 7
Gold Coast v Greater Western Sydney, Mount Barker, 12pm ACST
Richmond v St Kilda, Norwood Oval, 2.50pm ACST
Collingwood v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval, 4.40pm ACST

Norwood Oval capacity 10000. Fixturing for television, not fans.
The entire pointless round is for TV, not fans.

The first team is simply listed in alphabetical order for all the clubs for the gather round fixture.
Home teams for each game in Gather Round will be confirmed when the full 2024 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is released later this week.

The stadium’s official capacity is listed at 15,000, but numbers have been capped at 10,500 for AFL games to help ensure fans have an enjoyable match day experience.

At 165m long, it’s similar to most AFL venues, but is significantly skinnier than most at 110m wide, compared with Adelaide Oval (125m), the MCG (141), Marvel Stadium (128.8), Optus Stadium (130) and Giants Stadium (127.5).

Norwood Oval is a five-minute drive from Adelaide’s CBD, but fans are advised to use public transport as there is no on-site parking available and on-street parking near the stadium is limited.

So they need a doubleheader to fill up Adelaide Oval :unsure:

Port Adelaide will host Essendon under Friday night lights, while Carlton v Fremantle and Geelong v Western Bulldogs makes up a Saturday doubleheader at Adelaide Oval

So the 8 finalists from 2023 are playing teams who missed the eight in 2023 in gather round.

gather round.jpg

• Angry
The first team is simply listed in alphabetical order for all the clubs for the gather round fixture.
Home teams for each game in Gather Round will be confirmed when the full 2024 Toyota AFL Premiership Season fixture is released later this week.
I bet we will get them at the shithole too

• Sad
So
The stadium’s official capacity is listed at 15,000, but numbers have been capped at 10,500 for AFL games to help ensure fans have an enjoyable match day experience.

At 165m long, it’s similar to most AFL venues, but is significantly skinnier than most at 110m wide, compared with Adelaide Oval (125m), the MCG (141), Marvel Stadium (128.8), Optus Stadium (130) and Giants Stadium (127.5).

Norwood Oval is a five-minute drive from Adelaide’s CBD, but fans are advised to use public transport as there is no on-site parking available and on-street parking near the stadium is limited.
So why play there?
It's thinner then my guts

• Haha
Richmond home game meaning we play them at the Dump later on. Are we gonna break the record of 7 or 8 interstate games??

Oh, for joy, something to look forward to :mad:

That's a footy ground? Even Kardinia Park is wider at 115m.

They could have gone for a ground with more capacity, but no, we get a little ground with capacity to match.

DS