2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

Noticed both Buckley and Chimp carrying bottles of plonk.
anyone got assumptions on why.
Bottle Of Wine Drinking GIF by Budgy Smuggler
Not sure but geez Fridge looks like he has been raiding the fridge hard in the early days of the off season.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I wonder why there was no footage of Mini having his meeting ?
As 50 Out has maintained until recently and then apparently changed back his mind, this has been a foregone conclusion since 2016. Why the need for a meeting?

Reactions: 1 user
Think it now time to get serious.Reckon rock,paper,scissors between the candidates should do it.

• Haha
Misguided how?

After months of the process we bring in a couple from outside the process to give their input into the final two candidates. The whole idea of having a large and diverse panel in the first place was to choose the best candidate. There should be no need to add to the panel at the 11th hour.

If you absolutely have to bring in outsiders to help the panel out surely you don't invite a person who has openly backed one of the candidates on more than one occasion.

Does that sound reasonable and the way to run a fair process to you 17?? Or is that your idea of being thorough? If Chris Newman had made the final two do you think it would fair to bring Matthew Richardson in to help the panel decide who is the best candidate? It's like having a friend on the jury and may cast doubt on the process should Mini get the job, and that's unfair to both candidates.

I can understand why Cotchin was hiding behind his mobile phone when caught rushing into the building by the media.

For a professional organisation and a top operator like Benny this is not his finest hour. Even if everything is above board why you would needlessly open the door to scrutiny and any suggestion of impropriety? Might explain why Benny was so short and a bit lost for words when door stopped getting out of car.

Deal with that.
If I was running a process and it was tight between a couple I would absolutely consult with people who are close to one of the candidates. It's called a reference

When asking people like that their opinion you do so knowing what their biases are but also you ask people of high character who you trust will tell you the truth.

I also think asking someone who has been a coach of a big club like Buckley has makes sense.

Reactions: 6 users
If we don’t get an announcement tomorrow then I can’t see it happening until after the Grand Final.

If we don’t get an announcement tomorrow then I can’t see it happening until after the Grand Final.
Hasn’t the club always said they wanted to make an announcement before the grand final?
What is the issue with next week, that it will get lost as a story in the media with a grand final happening?
One thing that I sense strongly is that RFC is doing what they need to do rather than worry about the media and outside noise.

Reactions: 9 users
Hasn’t the club always said they wanted to make an announcement before the grand final?
What is the issue with next week, that it will get lost as a story in the media with a grand final happening?
One thing that I sense strongly is that RFC is doing what they need to do rather than worry about the media and outside noise.
I think it’s a fairly big announcement. Club has sponsors to appease and ensuring full exposure of this significant announcement is paramount.

It’s called running a professional organisation.
something that others might look at doing the future instead of running campaigns with media types.

Reactions: 3 users
I would think as we are one of the LARGEST sporting organisations in Australia we would like clear air.
announcements like this will sell newspapers and create clicks.

Last edited:
I have a different view.... we are talking about a bloke who was a, or even the key driver of cultural change at the club.
He's not some untrustworthy *smile* kicker off the street!
Sure, he's expressed his opinion of McQualter, but I have not one bit of doubt in my mind, if he thinks Yze would be better.... he'd say so!
I reckon he was brought in to see if Yze can fit OUR club and how we operate now.
Personally, I'd prefer to stick with McQualter now. I'm just not a huge fan of Goodwin and although Yze has had other mentors.... I reckon Melbourne's culture is *smile* in comparison to ours!
Trial , I didn’t mean any disrespect to Cotchin or others who may think that way by me mentioning the word, “conflict”.

The use of the word it was in the context that he was a player who played under Mini and has endorsed Mini going forward.

It might have been for some other ‘reason” that he was brought in as with Buckley.

Who knows?

Curious and I wonder if he will elaborate tonight.

Reactions: 1 users
Can we make it part of the referendum?

Great idea. It has to be a yes or no question though so I think the ballot paper should say:

Should RFC grow a pair an appoint an outsider like Yze as senior coach?

Oh, and yeah, do you want that voice thingy?

• Haha