2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I still believe we are all outsiders and have no clue as to who is best suite to coach us, BUT, I have decided I don’t want Yze.
After watching the dees go out in straight sets it just solidified that their coaching is woeful.
I have always had the opinion that they are badly coached, but, been saved by some generational players in Gawn, Petracca and Oliver supported by "good, ordinary" players in Viney and Fritsch.
Every time I watch them I don't see any system. I see lots of effort but no system. Systems win you games when you shouldn't win. Saints under Lyon play system footy. Too bad their list is crap but that’s another story.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I still believe we are all outsiders and have no clue as to who is best suite to coach us, BUT, I have decided I don’t want Yze.
After watching the dees go out in straight sets it just solidified that their coaching is woeful.
I have always had the opinion that they are badly coached, but, been saved by some generational players in Gawn, Petracca and Oliver supported by "good, ordinary" players in Viney and Fritsch.
Every time I watch them I don't see any system. I see lots of effort but no system. Systems win you games when you shouldn't win. Saints under Lyon play system footy. Too bad their list is crap but that’s another story.
Yze is not the head coach how can you pin it on him. He looks after the midfield line and in both games they won the battle and he won his line. Previously he held the defence which was working as a charm to.

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Yze is not the head coach how can you pin it on him. He looks after the midfield line and in both games they won the battle and he won his line. Previously he held the defence which was working as a charm to.
True, but their midfield is their main strength (it has to be with Gawn, Petracca, & Oliver). Their defence is a close second (May, Lever, Petty, Brayshaw, Rivers, & McVee). Any assistant coach will look a genius being a line coach for either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
It’s their last kick I50 , their shocking kicking for goal which is backed up by stats, that…

Gawn
Petracca
Oliver
Viney

Kicking efficiency is at 50 or just above 50%.

Their midfield are ‘hack kickers”.

They kick straight and they are in a PF.

Their system is contest & defence.

They gave themselves enough chances but injuries and ‘discipline” issues crept in this finals series.

I also think , many have six to me, I’ve heard it said, that winning the premiership in 21 gave them a sense of entitlement and that are an arrogance bunch with cultural issues.

Starts at the top with the stories we all have heard and been whispered , about ….

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
so you prefer the game plan of the club that finished 13th, rather than one who has made top 4 the last 3 years? Dees have clearly adapted to the rule changes, whilst we have not

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Yze worries me TBH

Personally i don't think you're going to learn anything from Simon Goodwin. You're just going to get dumber. Thinking of that chart showing human evolution from little ape men to homo-sapiens. Now picture that in reverse, but given enough time as an assistant to him, all the way back beyond the cambrian explosion to sinlge celled life forms, the really really stupid stuff, or even beyond that, Mitch Robinson.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Speaking of socks, my Irish mate had been rabbiting on about this girl that he was seeing, he couldn't stop talking about her.
He reckoned she was the one and stopped going to the pub, he was smitten.
I was in my local on the weekend, and Paddy was there having a wee drop of the doings. While having a yarn, he told me that he had given the Irish lass the arse.
I said to him that he had said that she was the one, he said I thought she was until I saw a police uniform, a nurses uniform and a maids uniform in her sock draw.
He said that he wasn't going to marry a woman that couldn't hold down a job.
One of your best Jerry.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I’m missing a sock again after doing a wash. Reckon I’ve got 4-5 orphan socks going at the moment.

Geez it sh*s me.
Hang on to the orphans Red!

Socks are a bit like gloves.

“Losing one glove is certainly painful,
but nothing compared to the pain,
of losing one, throwing away the other,
and finding the first one again.”

― Piet Hein

• Haha

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I
I’m missing a sock again after doing a wash. Reckon I’ve got 4-5 orphan socks going at the moment.

Geez it sh*s me.
ts only the good sox that get lost too. Like you’ll never lose or scratch crap sunnies.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

Geez it sh*s me.

Do what I do, wear odd socks, one foot doesn't know what the other is wearing. I promise they won't get jealous. :)

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Reminds me of Wayne from St Albans ringing in to the D-Generation's Triple M breakfast radio show:

"Hey, guys, you know how you'll be walking down the street and you'll see a single shoe on the side of the road?"

"Yes, Wayne."

"Yeah, it's mine. If you see it again can you let me know where it is?"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

Geez it sh*s me.
The socks aren't missing: you turned them into sock puppets. And PRE doesn't exist: you banter with the sock puppets about Richmond, and Navy's tipping, and ...

Can you really believe that Zips is anything more than a sock puppet?

Last edited:

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Did you see Mini's system in the last five matches it was putrid, we managed to beat North and that doesn't say much.