2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Yep! And this morning SEN said Ben King about to sign a 2 year extension, so the Balta move makes even more sense, considering we’re unlikely to bring in a star key forward through trade/FA (they’re all re-signing/have already re-signed).
As time goes on, i am more & more in favour of raiding the draft.

Reactions: 5 users
Balta forward is an interesting question. I am not convinced he has the smarts, or possibly the eyesight especially at night, to succeed up forward. He has a lot of other attributes though and it could work.

My only wish is that if they try this they try it for at least 12 weeks, don't call it a failure after 4 or 5 weeks, give it a proper go. Bit of an adjustment there from the backline so worth a decent trial.

DS
Think it may depend on how well the backline holds up without Balta.
Unless Balta fwd is doing far too well forward to move him back.

I'm excited that Yze is transitioning Balta to the forward group, with time & further education he can be an incredibly dangerous asset for us moving forward. The question is how our defensive group will cope in his absence, my thinking is that with greater midfield & F50 defensive pressure & the presumed growth of Gubcus we should be able manage.

The key though is in the midfield & F50, #1 from a clearance dominance perspective allowing our backs to setup in general play & #2 being better without the ball, remembering that in the premiership years our defence was massively assisted by our defensive pressure which meant the ball was coming in dirty making it easier to neutralise.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm excited that Yze is transitioning Balta to the forward group, with time & further education he can be an incredibly dangerous asset for us moving forward. The question is how our defensive group will cope in his absence, my thinking is that with greater midfield & F50 defensive pressure & the presumed growth of Gubcus we should be able manage.

The key though is in the midfield & F50, #1 from a clearance dominance perspective allowing our backs to setup in general play & #2 being better without the ball, remembering that in the premiership years our defence was massively assisted by our defensive pressure which meant the ball was coming in dirty making it easier to neutralise.
If Lynch can have a good run with injuries, he and Balta can be our two tall forwards with Kozi down back, I reckon he would do ok in defence.

Reactions: 5 users
Out of interest what do the players do on non training days (Tuesdays and Thursdays)? are these gym days or something else?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Been training down back before injury. And it’s his hammy again he’s been struggling with.

That's the problem, Bauer does his hammy in first minute of AFL debut, I ask him in November when the boys start pre-season why he is not with the main group and he says, "am just a bit tight, IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER", now middle of February and he has not fully re-joined. I reckon between Nov when they returned and now he has had a maximum of 2 weeks when he has trained with main group :(, hopefully he is close to returning, like Lynch did the 30 minute warm up on Sat.

Reactions: 4 users
Out of interest what do the players do on non training days (Tuesdays and Thursdays)? are these gym days or something else?
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Bad news re injury but good to hear that he is going well otherwise
Bauer hasn't been going well as he hasn't been training, I am baffled we have been given nothing in club injury updates, he will probably resume without anything being mentioned, same with Coulthard who was injured and carried off at training on the 18th December and has yet to rejoin main group fully but does look close??

Reactions: 1 users