2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Good on you Julius. So you reckon chaos is dead or can you still see bits of it?
I don't think we have the skills to be an elite kicking side so maybe some chaos will prevail even if not by design ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Lefau would be my choice but I must admit Schofield is looking better each time I see him.

Lefau would be my choice but I must admit Schofield is looking better each time I see him.
Sorry I have a few questions because I know nothing about this guy. Is he more of a lead up style forward or a contested marking forward? Or both? His height/weight combo (194/82) has him a bit undersized for a key forward but if he’s showing a bit on the track then that’s exciting, if we go with him

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, from the front seats today, Schofield got a few shout outs of encouragement from coaches and players. Schofield has better running patterns but Lefau is a different beast, so who knows? I am certainly not declaring one way or the other.
Schofield has played forward and back, Lefau mainly forward and no stints with mids.

I agree, from the front seats today, Schofield got a few shout outs of encouragement from coaches and players. Schofield has better running patterns but they are different beasts, so who knows? I am certainly not declaring one way or the other.
Schofield has played forward and back, Lefau mainly forward and no stints with mids.
From what I saw in the VFL Lefau was at his most dangerous in the midfield so that’s interesting. He’s a good size to be a forward but he only averaged a couple of marks a game so will he be a threat at AFL level is the question. Not doubting his defensive output at all, just other aspects of his game

Good to hear that Schofield is training well. I'm a massive fan of Lefau, but for mine he is more of a utility type player, whereas as Schofield is a natural key position player, meaning that he would fill more of a need. We'll be happy with whichever player they go with.

Reactions: 2 users
Where were you? Was that you sitting in the grandstand? See my notes which sort of correlate with yours
I understand the hold-up with the redevelopment is negotiations regarding the number of gold toilets in @caesar 's throne room. In an attempt to pacify him they've given him the grandstand for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I don't think we have the skills to be an elite kicking side so maybe some chaos will prevail even if not by design ;)
I think it depends on who is in the team. We have also recruited good kicks over recent years and I reckon we are far better placed in this area than many think.
Brown, Banks, Baker, Clarke, DRioli, Dusty, Hopper, Sonsie, Vlastuin and probably a few others I have missed are all good users of the footy,
By the way there have been very few mentions of Dan Rioli over the pre season. I assume he is just rolling along getting ready for real stuff ?

Have heard what Lefau has done but nothing on Schofield
interesting isnt it.

Lefau is a physical beast little exposure at VFL level due to injury but is 26 ?? this year

Schofield is a bit of a late comer to footy but plays as a natural forward and is 23 ? this year

Footballer v Athlete choice ?

By the way there have been very few mentions of Dan Rioli over the pre season. I assume he is just rolling along getting ready for real stuff ?

Reported somewhere in the training archives that Dan had a somewhat managed program due to his ankle, (not sure if he had any clean up or not?), anyway the last 2 or 3 weeks he has been back to full training so will be good to go.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users