2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
In the Herald Sun today… “WAFL forward Mitch Schofield has been seen as a frontrunner at Richmond for its sole list spot, with VFL Tiger Mykelti Lefau also competing for a shot with the AFL team.”
Not the direction I thought we’d go in:unsure:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
In the Herald Sun today… “WAFL forward Mitch Schofield has been seen as a frontrunner at Richmond for its sole list spot, with VFL Tiger Mykelti Lefau also competing for a shot with the AFL team.”
Not the direction I thought we’d go in:unsure:
I wouldnt read too much into what the HS says.

Lefau will get the spot.

Reactions: 1 user

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Will try to get there Wednesday to confirm a few things but again I have an appointment clash.
an appointment, or dare I say it… a date?
Valentines Day Hearts GIF by Jeromy Velasco

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Training Today, Wednesday:

Matty Coulthard:
Finally back training with the main group.
Lynch: Increased his main group participation from just the 30 minute warm previously to doing the warm up and 30 minutes of the lighter drills and is looking in pretty good shape to be honest, he then went and did a lot of running.
Bauer, Graham & Prestia: Similar workload to Lynch.
Tylar Young: Trained Fully
Nank: Only did an hour of rehab/conditioning.
Juddy: Just realised i didn't notice him so was maybe absent?

Mate`: His flawless pre-season may have come a cropper?, last 2 sessions he has walked 2 laps only, (that is the sort of stuff he was doing last year when he had stress fractures in his back), hopefully no recurrence.
Tarranto: Overall this pre-season I think he has been doing a lot less and may be managing something?
Hopper: A great pre-season but the last 2 weeks his workload has been reduced significantly.

Overall comments on session:

Miller played full back
Bauer for the short period he was in drills was back.
Bakes the best of mids that lacked Prestia, Tarranto, Hopper and Graham.
Mansell getting a lot of kudos from the sidelines and barring Shai has been our best small forward this pre, (i am hoping that means he has improved rather than a dearth of other options).
Grimes was actually moving ok today and Tylar Young & Tresize were good.

Because of the abovementioned non midfield participants the likes of Steely, Pickett, Mcauliffe, Dow, Dusty, (even Kamdyn), had midfield roles.

In what could be loosely call match sim but wasn't, they decreased the width of the ground by 10 metres each side so definitely a narrower focus.
There was an equal amount of focus on moving the ball on quickly as there was for our forwards to lock the ball in or slow it's movement from defence.

May not be a bad thing but I have never been more intrigued/confused on how we will line up, style of play or the actual overall fitness status of our list.

***(So there it is in a nutshell folks, you have a guy that watches every training session and yet cannot tell you any of these things :cool: :)))

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022

Matty Coulthard:
Lynch: Increased his main group participation from just the 30 minute warm previously to doing the warm up and 30 minutes of the lighter drills and is looking in pretty good shape to be honest, he then went and did a lot of running.

Mate`: His flawless pre-season may have come a cropper?, last 2 sessions he has walked 2 laps only, (that is the sort of stuff he was doing last year when he had stress fractures in his back), hopefully no recurrence.
Tarranto: Overall this pre-season I think he has been doing a lot less and may be managing something?
Hopper: A great pre-season but the last 2 weeks his workload has been reduced significantly.

Miller played full back
Mansell getting a lot of kudos from the sidelines and barring Shai has been our best small forward this pre, (i am hoping that means he has improved rather than a dearth of other options).

Because of the abovementioned non midfield participants the likes of Steely, Pickett, Mcauliffe, Dow, Dusty, (even Kamdyn), had midfield roles.

In what could be loosely call match sim but wasn't, they decreased the width of the ground by 10 metres each side so definitely a narrower focus.
There was an equal amount of focus on moving the ball on quickly as there was for our forwards to lock the ball in or slow it's movement from defence.

May not be a bad thing but I have never been more intrigued/confused on how we will line up, style of play or the actual overall fitness status of our list.

***(So there it is in a nutshell folks, you have a guy that watches every training session and yet cannot tell you any of these things :cool: :))

Cheers
Thank you as always ⭐. So by the sounds of this we may have our entire starting midfield out for the practice game Sunday. Lovely. Sucks in regards to creating cohesion amongst the group when finally playing an opposition but does open up opportunities for the kids to put their hands up for round 0.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Matty Coulthard:

Miller played full back

***(So there it is in a nutshell folks, you have a guy that watches every training session and yet cannot tell you any of these things :cool: :))

Cheers
Good on you Julius. So you reckon chaos is dead or can you still see bits of it?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thank you as always ⭐. So by the sounds of this we may have our entire starting midfield out for the practice game Sunday. Lovely. Sucks in regards to creating cohesion amongst the group but does open up opportunities for the kids to put their hands up for round 0.

Or they could be managing them so they play Sunday, bar Prestia who was already declared a non starter.

Reactions: 9 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Or they could be managing them so they play Sunday, bar Prestia who was already declared a non starter.
Ah yes that could be so. 7 part match sim I believe so even if guys do bits and pieces of that it’ll be good. Hopefully the club puts out an updated and actually informative injury report that includes ALL injured players before the game so we know why certain players aren’t playing or will be managed etc. Not holding my breath on that though

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I popped along to watch today and didn't see Caesar so here are my observations.
Shortish session. Only Meatball, Bauer and Nank in rehab. Prestia was doing lots of running agility and later kicking. Not too much there to worry about. Nank doing endurance running. Looks very fit close up. Nothing obvious so I’m guessing just a management thing.

Good news is that Coulthard, Grimes, Graham, and Lynch all training in the full ground transition drill. That drill is, to my semi-trained eye, a bit Melbourne-like with positioning of players across the ground. Super hard running and fast ball movement.

There was a very short match sim too but Hopper, Taranto, Fridge sat out, again I assume a management thing.

What caught my eye: Cumbo looked sharp again, Mansell prominent and clean, McAuliffe did a couple of nice things, Sonsie used it well, Dusty, Bakes and Shai of course were supreme, Miller was attacking the ball again - has the penny dropped? Kosi was leading and marking better but still needs to improve some more. Ollie H-B was playing and doesn’t look like a complete spud. Broady, Dow, Naismith, Both Rioli’s, Hugo, Pickett, Shorty, Brown, Balta, McIntosh and Young were all ok Without being outstanding but it was a relatively low key session too.

Not training was Mate, Juddy, and not sure but Smith, Green and Campbell.

• Love
Reactions: 44 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
LoveI popped along to watch today and didn't see Caesar so here are my observations.
Shortish session. Only Meatball, Bauer and Nank in rehab. Prestia was doing lots of running agility and later kicking. Not too much there to worry about. Nank doing endurance running. Looks very fit close up. Nothing obvious so I’m guessing just a management thing.

Good news is that Coulthard, Grimes, Graham, and Lynch all training in the full ground transition drill. That drill is, to my semi-trained eye, a bit Melbourne-like with positioning of players across the ground. Super hard running and fast ball movement.

There was a very short match sim too but Hopper, Taranto, Fridge sat out, again I assume a management thing.

What caught my eye: Cumbo looked sharp again, Mansell prominent and clean, McAuliffe did a couple of nice things, Sonsie used it well, Dusty, Bakes and Shai of course were supreme, Miller was attacking the ball again - has the penny dropped? Kosi was leading and marking better but still needs to improve some more. Ollie H-B was playing and doesn’t look like a complete spud. Broady, Dow, Naismith, Both Rioli’s, Hugo, Pickett, Shorty, Brown, Balta, McIntosh and Young were all ok Without being outstanding but it was a relatively low key session too.

2 reports in 1 day, we truly are blessed :love:

Reactions: 5 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003

Matty Coulthard:

Miller played full back

Cheers
Where were you? Was that you sitting in the grandstand? See my notes which sort of correlate with yours

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I popped along to watch today and didn't see Caesar so here are my observations.

Well done Mole also. I'm starting to get curious with Hayes-Brown. Could be better than we think.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Well done Mole also. I'm starting to get curious with Hayes-Brown. Could be better than we think.
Considering Mate’s back seems to be made of paper mache we may have to put our chips in on OHB as our cat B that makes the grade

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
@caesar @The Mole hey guys, with the SSP closing Monday, curious to know what you think of Lefau and Schofied’s skills in drills/general play? Watched our VFL last year, Lefau a bit scrappy. Also not a prolific marker of the footy either. Could be why Schofield reportedly (take that with a grain of salt) is in the box seat?