A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

Victory Active Supporters always thought they were bigger than the game itself. They put a lot of people off Victory
Amazingly followed the game all my life, got teams all over the world I follow, the old NSL had a team in it, but when they formed the A-League and Victory were the first Melbourne team named, I couldn't jump on that bandwagon. Went to a couple of games, still didn't like them, today as you wrote above has proven why :mad:

Disgraceful behaviour. Thought the walk out would have been enough to make the point. Now have absolutely tarnished any standing they had in the fight. City and victory were in solidarity and victory fans do that to the poor keeper simply trying to ply his trade. Dark night for the game and Melbourne Victory. I love the club, but this behaviour is *smile* ridiculous and makes me ashamed to call myself a victory supporter.

Reactions: 3 users
If anything, the pitch invasion and player attack has just helped the Destination NSW cause. Who'd want to stage a final in Melbourne with that bunch of dickheads in the crowd.

Seriously. *smile* idiots. Take MV's licence off them for what just happened. Invading a pitch and stopping a game is bad enough, but attacking a player? FFS.

I was out so wasn't watching the match. What was the score when the pitch was invaded.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
If anything, the pitch invasion and player attack has just helped the Destination NSW cause. Who'd want to stage a final in Melbourne with that bunch of dickheads in the crowd.

Seriously. *smile* idiots. Take MV's licence off them for what just happened. Invading a pitch and stopping a game is bad enough, but attacking a player? FFS.

I was out so wasn't watching the match. What was the score when the pitch was invaded.
1-0 City, time on the clock 21 minutes, they scored in the 11th minute.

1-0 City, time on the clock 21 minutes, they scored in the 11th minute.
Heh, I guess we know one of the main reasons the Carlton Victory supporters successfully got the match cancelled. Weak as *smile* the lot of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

While I completely agree with most of your sentiments, the game can’t afford to take the biggest club in the league’s licence away. It’s not the clubs fault that these *smile* heads behave like this. I would however award tonight’s points to city and maybe ban victory from playing in Melbourne for the rest of the year.
The supporter group if they have any moral decency need to identify these Neanderthals and and make sure they never attend a game again. I’m furious about this!

• Angry
the game can’t afford to take the biggest club in the league’s licence away.

That's one view. The counter argument is that what these Victory supporters did today have well and truly *smile* Football in Australia for a while to come. Might as well try to rebuild soccer in Aus without Victory and their "Active Supporters" who have been the biggest blight on the A-League from day 1.

As someone that's followed the game in Oz for over 50 years, seeing that *smile* today really hurt more than I expected it to.

• Sad
No wonder people turn away from this game. Too many bored f*wits need excitement after watching the WC on TV.

That's one view. The counter argument is that what these Victory supporters did today have well and truly *smile* Football in Australia for a while to come. Might as well try to rebuild soccer in Aus without Victory and their "Active Supporters" who have been the biggest blight on the A-League from day 1.

As someone that's followed the game in Oz for over 50 years, seeing that *smile* today really hurt more than I expected it to.
Fair call mate. Drastic measures may have to be taken

Reactions: 1 user

The only problem is these *smile* wits will find another team to destroy. May be similar to turning a blind eye to the heroin dealing on vic st. At least the coppers can contain the problem.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Anybody thinking about getting to some soccer games after enjoying the world cup just changed their mind.

Selfish and unacceptable

• Sad
While I completely agree with most of your sentiments, the game can’t afford to take the biggest club in the league’s licence away. It’s not the clubs fault that these *smile* heads behave like this. I would however award tonight’s points to city and maybe ban victory from playing in Melbourne for the rest of the year.
The supporter group if they have any moral decency need to identify these Neanderthals and and make sure they never attend a game again. I’m furious about this!
Yep going to cost Victory a lot of money now, fans would be fearful of going now. You can see many mum's not allowing the husband take kids to Victory games for awhile.

After the AFL's decision to announce the draw during an Australian World Cup game, these clowns just gave an even bigger Assist to the AFL.

The AFL could say 'ours was just a draw announcement, this was an attack on the game with players, a cameraman and the referee getting injured!''

The only problem is these *smile* wits will find another team to destroy. May be similar to turning a blind eye to the heroin dealing on vic st. At least the coppers can contain the problem.
Yeah, fair point. Victory can play out this season away from home and no points. The fans need to be banned for life and those attacking the keeper should be charged.

Dunno. Just reminds me of the bad old days of soccer in Australia.

• Sad