A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Going to be a late start, riots in the stands :oops:
Argentina back into the stadium rooms đź‘€
Apparently one area of the stadium had Brazil and Argentina fans together :LOL:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Might be worth starting a thread for the 2026 WC
I've never started a thread, would you be able to start it man :D

0-0 at half time. But fouls man, these nations hate each other bad, no wonder the fans riot:LOL:

Brazil 16 fouls & Argentina 6 fouls - in a half :oops:

Last edited:

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Are you suggesting the protests had nothing to do with the Sydney GF cancellation? Or did i misread you?
I’d like to believe our protests had something to do with it.

Just a little cynical about the decision I guess. Governing body has shown how easily they can be bought.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I’d like to believe our protests had something to do with it.

Just a little cynical about the decision I guess. Governing body has shown how easily they can be bought.

yeah agreed.

The irony of course is that this "Unite Weekend" in Sydney in January will probably draw more fans to Sydney than the GF. I am going and i know heaps of people that are.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I see that the Bucket Man scumbag Alex Agelopolous got off with a 3&1/2 year community corrections order of 250 hours of unpaid work.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I see that the Bucket Man scumbag Alex Agelopolous got off with a 3&1/2 year community corrections order of 250 hours of unpaid work.
Multiple people, including referee Alex King, Mr Glover, a camera man and two security guards, were injured during the chaos, which caused more than $200,000 in damage to the stadium.

Mr Glover, who suffered a cut above his right eye and required 5 to 10 stitches, said he had been left with a “permanent reminder” of the invasion.

Crown prosecutor Andrew Grant had contended the jail sentence was justifiable, arguing Agelopoulos’ offending was the most serious.

“He used that metal bucket full of sand as a weapon … It’s that conduct that makes his behaviour qualitatively more serious,” he said.

He further argued that Agelopoulos, who had previously been suspended from attending soccer games, must have had a clear idea of the consequences.

But Judge Gamble found there was “nothing” about his role in the offending that would warrant treating him differently to the other pitch invaders.

“Even allowing the fact he can bee seen as having a somewhat more serious role … that differential is not so significant to justify sentencing him differently,” he said.

“Its disgraceful behaviour and totally contrary to what you would expect from a far dinkum supporter.”

Agelopoulos was placed on a 42-month community corrections order with 250 hours of unpaid community work, supervision and treatment for his drug and alcohol dependency.

Personally I reckon smashing a guy in the head with a full bucket of sand does differentiate you from the other invading clowns. And given he has been banned for poor behaviour previously surely a more severe punishment would have been appropriate?

Let's hope his KC wasn't cheap.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Personally I reckon smashing a guy in the head with a full bucket of sand does differentiate you from the other invading clowns. And given he has been banned for poor behaviour previously surely a more severe punishment would have been appropriate?

I'll preclude this by saying he should be never allowed in any sports stadium again in Australia. But at what point do the authorities (ie. the people responsible for putting the game on) have to take some responsibility? He wasn't the only banned fan that was allowed in. a very sizeable chunk of the people who ran onto the pitch were banned fans. How was this allowed to happen?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'll preclude this by saying he should be never allowed in any sports stadium again in Australia. But at what point do the authorities (ie. the people responsible for putting the game on) have to take some responsibility? He wasn't the only banned fan that was allowed in. a very sizeable chunk of the people who ran onto the pitch were banned fans. How was this allowed to happen?
It happens beacuse there are no hard controls.

Also no hard controls if someone loses their drivers Licence, still plenty of them driving around