Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
At least we are competitive for patches of games and have a better system of ball movement than under Dimma with have a starting team missing. Still more competitive at centre bounces and clearances too.

I also like that he can put time into negating the influence of the better mids we’re up against. They were always allowed to do as they pleased in the past which is a risky game to play.

Give him a group of fit players that he can work with for a season or two so he can show us what he can do.
Clearances? 17 th or 18th ranked.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Shocking night in the coached box.
Tick kept them quite for 2 qtrs.
But we couldn't score, they lifted in the 3rd, he did nothing.
Naismith shouldve stayed home.
Dusty Mansell and Campbell had shockers

Reactions: 1 user

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
Clearances? 17 th or 18th ranked.
Not consistently, but we we’ve held our own or been leading counts in some games - not a strength under Dimma. A few blowouts kills rankings. I’m talking about having a clear purpose and a stylistic change under Ooze.

We’re transitioning from a side that was set up to hit on counter attack to one actively aiming to win it at the coal face. We ultimately have an undersized number 1 ruck in Nank (taking nothing away from his competitiveness and work once the ball hits the ground) and a patchwork midfield. With time and cattle on the field I think we’ll see better results consistently.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Somewhat more proactive today but hand tied behind his back when Naismith gets the nod over Samson. Must realize that we have to have a tall high marking forward as Lever May had a day at the races.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Beat Goodwin last night.

Didn’t have the cattle to finish off the looks at goal our structure and setup gave us.

Rapt with Yze, absolutely rapt.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Beat Goodwin last night.

Didn’t have the cattle to finish off the looks at goal our structure and setup gave us.

See Goodwin's smirk after the game looking satisfied as if he won the GF?

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
yep. put all our injured blokes on the field and i believe we'd be ripping the comp to bits.

he spoke about 'silver linings' in the presser because he knows what he can see and who
he can see doing it. he's a very positive person.
I trust his decisions
he's definitive in the way he constructs and operates the team, and speaks the same.
and the way he was about Dusty - solid, respectful and upfront
very happy to have him at RFC

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I'm happy to give him a couple of drafts and trade periods and end of year I reckon will see a couple of his people come to. Always a good sign when players improve under a coach Rioli, Miller etc.

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
think he's coaching outstandingly well. however, i think he's been questionable at the selection table though. but what would i know

i think once he gets "HIS" team, on the field, and, off the field, we'll see something very different.

And i just feel the club is not settled at the moment. We have been absolutely pulled apart last few years, with more still to come, with benny and potentially hartley, and some players as well

The clubs needs everyone who is not going to be there long term, to leave, and get some stability back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Let's not forget Dimma was on the verge of getting sacked in 2016 offcourse he deserves credit for turning it around. Let me tell you through credit needs to go to all his assistants and Balme they made a huge difference like it or not when they left one by one he wasn't great in the box to slow to react don't overlook that.
This is utter crap and disrespectful to Dimma. I've stuck the boots into him for bailing, but he was the mastermind at RFC.

If he were no good, Gold Coast would have hired a token motivator, and reassembled Dimma's assistants to support him.

Think throughout the Dynasty, only Leppitsch was the constant in the box outside of Dimma. McRae got promoted from VFL to AFL, but wasn't a line coach in 17.

If Dimma was an average coach that was saved by his assistants, either Leppitsch is the gun, or Dimma had lightning strike in the seats next to him an awful lot.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Why didn't Yze make a move??
That's worrying.
We couldn't score, they were getting on top and he sat there doing nothing.
Naismith showed nothing.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Why didn't Yze make a move??
That's worrying.
We couldn't score, they were getting on top and he sat there doing nothing.
Naismith showed nothing.
We were pretty limited. The only two things he could have tried were:

- Naismith to be the primary ruck and Nank to full forward almost permanently (Gawn was on top & Naismith non effective as a forward) or
- move Miller forward, Young onto Petty, Grimes onto Van Rooyen etc.
- Could have thrown McIntosh forward too to negate Lever.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Why, after seeing Miller struggle to demonstrate anything as a forward for a long time, do people want to take him out of a role he's shown some so aptitude for, to send him back where he's struggled?
To win one game in a year we won't make finals? I love winning games too, but this has got to be about the long game, the strategic view.
Ooze knows his guys. Back this fella in. Just like he's backing our young fellas

Reactions: 15 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
The good news is that many of our younger players are gaining self-belief and confidence because Yze is trusting them and consistently giving them playing time.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The good news is that many of our younger players are gaining self-belief and confidence because Yze is trusting them and consistently giving them playing time.
Yep, something I never saw with Dimma. No coincidence Morro's doing well with the 2nds too.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
from a coaching department perspective our development should be the highest priority for the rest of the season and following seasons...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users