Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
the list is bad

there'll be a dip and folks will lose patience

but Yze can coach and deserves as long as Hardwick got before things turn.

maybe even a year or two more because Hardwick had Martin and Cotchin early doors

Reactions: 8 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
the list is bad

there'll be a dip and folks will lose patience

but Yze can coach and deserves as long as Hardwick got before things turn.

maybe even a year or two more because Hardwick had Martin and Cotchin early doors
I agree he should be given time. don't agree that our list is bad.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Whoever thinks your going to get a solid 4 quarters from the kids in every game is dreaming that comes in time and experience ow we're looking for signs and development.

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's a first-year coach. The first thing I wanted to see from him was player buy in and ball movement. With personnel on the park our best ball movement has been AFL leading IMO.

Secondly, our pressure has been outstanding at times. Values good. The academy in its prime.

Our R0 disaster looked real bad. Badly coached teams don't travel. But in each of our subsequent road games Richmond has travelled under Yze.

*Yze can't do anything with such a depleted list.*

Well-coached teams get out of the blocks. We're doing that. *smile* teams have only one winning strategy - to ambush the oppo. It's not sustainable but you can squeak one or two. You can save the ambush for the second quarter (more surprise) but usually you have to jump them and hang on. We're jumping everybody. But we can't hang on because we spend all our petrol tickets in the jumping. And we don't have rotations.

Note that we have not sandbagged in game so far. We keep rolling the dice to win. This is a club decision but Yze is executing as well as can be done as it is.

I'm by no means a blind Yze fan but I can't fault him for his coaching much as I disliked his work as an installation artist and interior decorator.

Furthermore individual players are improving. No beef here.

Reactions: 24 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Note that we have not sandbagged in game so far. We keep rolling the dice to win. This is a club decision but Yze is executing as well as can be done as it is.
Great analysis Dyer'ere, and agree fully with your observation with no sandbagging. This I think was what Yze was meaning when he was talking about Dusty staying forward - he was performing a role in the front half that the younger players weren't able to physically do, but Yze wasn't prepared to send him and others into the middle, and push numbers around stoppages to protect the margin. Much better in the long run for the players to be beaten up like that and see the standard, rather than sandbagging and limiting the damage through essentially flooding.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Great analysis Dyer'ere, and agree fully with your observation with no sandbagging. This I think was what Yze was meaning when he was talking about Dusty staying forward - he was performing a role in the front half that the younger players weren't able to physically do, but Yze wasn't prepared to send him and others into the middle, and push numbers around stoppages to protect the margin. Much better in the long run for the players to be beaten up like that and see the standard, rather than sandbagging and limiting the damage through essentially flooding.
YEs he was clear about this in the press conference and his reasons - so impressive loving him so far

Reactions: 5 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Willow & all. What we got with Ooze was a coach who lost out to Kingsley GWS & Brad Scott Dons so he was not considered by them to be a AFL coach. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but Ooze is attempting that with Balta. Balta is a natural down back & he aint never going to be a Jack Ruwoldt. On Sunday our mids got smashed when Kelly Yeo & five game rookie Harley Reid got into top gear & where was Dusty & Bolts sunning themselves in the forward line. In his presser he stated that they were there to give our young guns in the mid to get game time experience in the guts. Thought we were there to beat the bottom side & not to be humiliated. Was at the game sitting among the Tiger faithful & were they pizzed off. Caught the first train home after 15 minutes final term & we were not the only Tiger faithful on it.
If we dont bottom out now before tassie gets here were screwed, im pretty sure the club are aware of this and are coaching accordingly now the season blew up with all the injuries

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm by no means a blind Yze fan but I can't fault him for his coaching much as I disliked his work as an installation artist and interior decorator.

I thought he did a good job with my cousin's family room refurb but the giant pen!s/rocket ship sculpture on Ewingsdale Rd was a bit much.

ffs can't say pen1s

• Haha

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
If Yze can survive the next few years, and get the team rebuilt and back into finals again, it would be one hell of an effort, considering the state of play at the moment. He’s been given the keys when the team is falling off the cliff. Out of all the teams in the afl, I’d probably say we’re the furthest from a premiership at this very minute. Will be a monumental achievement if he can do it. History suggests he won’t survive the rebuilding years.

Reactions: 4 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Yze is doing very well. Game day for fans is going to be a roller coaster of excitement as we see the development of young players, our stars shine and see the potential of the game plan emerging mixed with much frustration, anger and the usual bouts of downness as it sinks in we're not going to be winning this one... Wins will be rare with our injury list so recalibrate what you're looking for on game day and try to enjoy what's developing in front of you. Otherwise if you don't want to know the score look away now.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If Yze can survive the next few years, and get the team rebuilt and back into finals again, it would be one hell of an effort, considering the state of play at the moment. He’s been given the keys when the team is falling off the cliff. Out of all the teams in the afl, I’d probably say we’re the furthest from a premiership at this very minute. Will be a monumental achievement if he can do it. History suggests he won’t survive the rebuilding years.
I think a lot thought that about Hardwick, too.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
saint's coach comments the second interstate trip, a couple of games under 12 days, etc. were factors in their huge loss against the dogs. Richmond had 3 interstate trips and a couple of games under 12 days. I believe it's a factor. other top victorian sides on the ladder may have only one trip if any ?

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
I don't think we are that far from our next flag.

Yze game plan stacks up against anyone

Reactions: 9 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
I think many are overstating the mess we are in. In fact, reckon the injuries may be a blessing.

Yze gets to experiment with the playing list without having to deal with much external noise. Ideal situation.

Reactions: 12 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
The key for him is next 2 drafts and free agency super important. Make hard calls and draft well and trade out.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He needs to be told he is safe and he has the time to rebuild.
As soon the media attack. We need everyone on board
We have won 3 flags we have time to rejuvenate