Ads you hate. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ads you hate.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I couldn’t be bothered searching, but is there a thread where I can register my high level dislike of certain ads ? Sort of like the airing of grievances during Festivus, but for ads ?

Can I do it here or is there another thread ?

1686206687466.jpeg

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I couldn’t be bothered searching, but is there a thread where I can register my high level dislike of certain ads ? Sort of like the airing of grievances during Festivus, but for ads ?

Can I do it here or is there another thread ?

View attachment 19522
Agree with this rubbish. I think we mentioned it in the NFL thread. I wonder what Shaq thought even though it's more an embarrassment to our country.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There's a lot ads I hate, so going against Drof's thread, one I like is on SEN most days and that's the Athena ads where the lady calls in about her finances and cops a greedy a-hole to answer. Funniest radio ad in a long time.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I dunno what it is about this chick, or maybe it’s just the number of times they play it, but this McCain ad does my head in.

“Nothing special” ? Too right it’s nothing special so stop shoving it down our throats so often !!!

1686211959205.jpeg

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I dunno what it is about this chick, or maybe it’s just the number of times they play it, but this McCain ad does my head in.

“Nothing special” ? Too right it’s nothing special so stop shoving it down our throats so often !!!

View attachment 19531

"Actress thats playing my nan". I assume when that was written down they thought it was funny, but its really not.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
"Actress thats playing my nan". I assume when that was written down they thought it was funny, but its really not.
Beat me to it.

View attachment 19531
Beat me to it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This Woolies one irked me a bit during Easter from someone else's TV. Cheesy voice especially from 19sec.....grrr......"Easter fun, hippity hop!!".....grrr

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Incidentally, those PointsBet ads with Shaq were the most complained about ads with Ad Standards in 2022. They’ve been modified several times as a result, but they’re still crap.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Incidentally, those PointsBet ads with Shaq were the most complained about ads with Ad Standards in 2022. They’ve been modified several times as a result, but they’re still crap.
Yep. Bring back that golf ad where he bets on (and mentions) "The Taigers" and we get to see beautiful Paige calling out "fore!!"

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Any election ad, no matter which party. Lib/NP, ALP, Greens doesn’t matter. All the ads of this genre are *smile* shitful and cringeworthy, speaking to people who really don’t have the mental capacity to be voting.

In TAS, our state election ones are even on another level of cringy bargain basement diarrhoea.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Any election ad, no matter which party. Lib/NP, ALP, Greens doesn’t matter. All the ads of this genre are *smile* shitful and cringeworthy, speaking to people who really don’t have the mental capacity to be voting.

In TAS, our state election ones are even on another level of cringy bargain basement diarrhoea.
Yes. They’re the worst actors of all time !

Oh geez …the McCain ads have started already. Someone get me a Shoei helmet and visor.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I don’t mind the eBay ads. The smart arse, whimsical, chubby (am I allowed to say that?) supervisor and the dunce bloke that works for her. Hah hah hah. Plus the “we should have sushi Carol” guy - although that’s getting a bit past it’s used by date now.