Ads you hate. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ads you hate.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Frank Walker National Tiles....my kids love that one

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There's a lot ads I hate, so going against Drof's thread, one I like is on SEN most days and that's the Athena ads where the lady calls in about her finances and cops a greedy a-hole to answer. Funniest radio ad in a long time.
Fortunately if it is an ad on SEN you should get to hear it a LOT!

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This Woolies one irked me a bit during Easter from someone else's TV. Cheesy voice especially from 19sec.....grrr......"Easter fun, hippity hop!!".....grrr

An ad with green spaghetti n some leaves, can't believe I missed it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Showing my age, but this is the first KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken back then, they didn't do initialisms) ad i remember as a kid.
Hasnt been a better one yet

Geez didn't that ad prove an omen for the junk food generation. Couple of fatty boombah kids stuffing their faces on the instant take away.

• Haha

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Plenty of ads I hate, and that generally means I hate the brand and would rather not mention their name to avoid promoting them.

All i can say is that AdBlock and U-block Origin have made my internet browsing much more tolerable in recent years.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
FU KN al;l of em.

Need 80s and 90s adds back.

Mrs Marsh, Hector the Cat, Norm from Life Be In It, the ants pantz chick and her echidna, Professor Julius Sumner Miller, the Hot Stuff Four and Twenty add, Elle McPherson advertising TAB cola in that one piece, the big arse beach ball Coke adds, the Solo Man, , the Big M girls

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
FU KN al;l of em.

Need 80s and 90s adds back.

Mrs Marsh, Hector the Cat, Norm from Life Be In It, the ants pantz chick and her echidna, Professor Julius Sumner Miller, the Hot Stuff Four and Twenty add, the Big M girls

Don't forget "NOT HAPPY JAN" :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
The ads at the bottom of each page in PRE at the moment.
Does everyone see the same ads? TEMU?
What the *smile* is that *smile*?
Seriously, who are this mob?
What the *smile* is this they’re selling, and who’s buying it?

IMG_4632.jpeg

I’m a bit scared to google it in case my missus sees my search history…

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Seriously, who are this mob?
What the *smile* is this they’re selling, and who’s buying it?

View attachment 19562

I’m a bit scared to google it in case my missus sees my search history…
Yep, we all see them. My wife saw it over my shoulder and asked what the hell am I looking at?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep, we all see them. My wife saw it over my shoulder and asked what the hell am I looking at?
The ads are definitely based on your search history- i get soccer gear ads.

Not sure what you guys have been searching for?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I dunno what it is about this chick, or maybe it’s just the number of times they play it, but this McCain ad does my head in.

“Nothing special” ? Too right it’s nothing special so stop shoving it down our throats so often !!!

View attachment 19531
there is something wrong with her eyes I think & those stupid high waist jeans

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sticking to Drof's thread, this stupid power cord with that cheesy smiley face saying "You have power" with a kids voice.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The S#####bet ads dressed up as AFL analysis starring our very own Richo & Browny.

I also hate ads in the middle of AFL commercial radio broadcasting. That mark brought to you by XXXXX. That goal brought to you by xxxxxx. That tackle brought to you by XXXXX! I mean who actually sits through that *smile*???

I don't really watch Free to Air TV enough to get annoyed by TV ads.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The S#####bet ads dressed up as AFL analysis starring our very own Richo & Browny.

I also hate ads in the middle of AFL commercial radio broadcasting. That mark brought to you by XXXXX. That goal brought to you by xxxxxx. That tackle brought to you by XXXXX! I mean who actually sits through that *smile*???

I don't really watch Free to Air TV enough to get annoyed by TV ads.

I often turn the sound down, especially at quarter/half/three quarter time, the analysis isn't worth hearing. What gets me with FTA TV is the huge number of ads for their own shows, we're watching your channel, now get out of our way. As for radio, I only ever listen to the ABC or occasionally PBS so no real ads anyway, never been able to stand ads on the radio.

DS