Ads you hate. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ads you hate.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Does anyone remember Eric planningsex. 230 Brunswick street. Fitzroy. ?

Ridiculously good brain implanting. *smile*.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
The S#####bet ads dressed up as AFL analysis starring our very own Richo & Browny.

I also hate ads in the middle of AFL commercial radio broadcasting. That mark brought to you by XXXXX. That goal brought to you by xxxxxx. That tackle brought to you by XXXXX! I mean who actually sits through that *smile*???

I don't really watch Free to Air TV enough to get annoyed by TV ads.
You never liked the "Radio Rentals scoreboard"? :unsure:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Against the thread title, but one ad I like is that Jameson Soda, Ginger and Lime one we see during footy games where they're partying and bbqing in a backyard at night. I'm desperate to know what song that is and which band. Sounds 90s.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Very early TV IMT with Graham Kennedy, some of his live ads were absolute classics.

Raoul Merton shoes were made locally back then. GK used to send them up mercilessly.

I remember his go to line for them was " If they're pinch'n & hurt'n, you can be sure they're Raoul Merton"

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Against the thread title, but one ad I like is that Jameson Soda, Ginger and Lime one we see during footy games where they're partying and bbqing in a backyard at night. I'm desperate to know what song that is and which band. Sounds 90s.
“Just dont drag it” ?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The AFL players in the Cash Converters ads, Does anyone really think Cripps, Cameron & Petracca buy anything from Cashys?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Song is Lucy by Flying Machine. Australian band from Byron Bay.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Song is Lucy by Flying Machine. Australian band from Byron Bay.
JoMamma you absolute legend!! Thankyou. :)) There's nothing on the Internet about them except for an old Pommie early 70s band of the same name.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Very early TV IMT with Graham Kennedy, some of his live ads were absolute classics.

Raoul Merton shoes were made locally back then. GK used to send them up mercilessly.

I remember his go to line for them was " If they're pinch'n & hurt'n, you can be sure they're Raoul Merton"
He did one for Colvan potato chips once took the absolute *smile* out of them. Was probably near on the best advert for a product ever done.