AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Umm ... Don't want to get political but wasn't it Julia Gillard and her labour party that approved the nbn
Yes, but it was the Coalition who hobbled it by not rolling out fiber to the home everywhere and instead using existing coax and fiber to the node tech

Reactions: 7 users
Labours NBN was going to be full fibre optic to each home.
Turnbull came in and watered it down using copper from the nodes to appease his mate Murdoch who would have lost heaps with his out of date streaming channel if a decent high speed broadband network was implemented

Doesn't matter to Fox anymore. Their standard offering is a stream through the NBN to their box now. They don't install dishes as standard anymore.

Doesn't matter to Fox anymore. Their standard offering is a stream through the NBN to their box now. They don't install dishes as standard anymore.
No, not anymore. But uncle Rupert’s whole foxtel model at the time was built on coaxial cable and he would have been shitting bricks at a full fibre NBN back then

Just curious - How do you get Foxtel GO to work from outside Australia?
I have Foxtel here - in Oz - but recently went to Norfolk Island thinking it would work for the Port Adelaide game - but no go!
And it didn't work with a VPN either
I use a smart dns service smartdnsproxy. I use the web site. The app if you were using it probably has a hook to check gps coordinates rather than trust the network location services.

Interestingly watchafl the service to watch fox footy channel and all games and shows on demand from outside Aus works fine from within Aus with a simple vpn. App or website.

Reactions: 1 user
I use a smart dns service smartdnsproxy. I use the web site. The app if you were using it probably has a hook to check gps coordinates rather than trust the network location services.

Interestingly watchafl the service to watch fox footy channel and all games and shows on demand from outside Aus works fine from within Aus with a simple vpn. App or website.
Cheers - too late for me on my recent experience - but I'll flag this for another time
I see it offers a monthly option which would have suited while away for short time

I stream to a computer via my phone. I used to go bananas when someone even walked through the room with a phone while I was watching the tigers in Arnhem Land as the signal was so week and got very bandwidth protective. :p I can get 3 bars from my veranda in Tiwi the suburb so loving it.

Kayo subscription

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
At the Gabba on Thursday night, after the non-goal decision was given, Jack with a reddish face walked passed a green flog, waving his finger and shaking his head about that decision.
Thanks, all clear now, it was just the context I missed. I saw that too.

Reactions: 1 user
I stream to a computer via my phone. I used to go bananas when someone even walked through the room with a phone while I was watching the tigers in Arnhem Land as the signal was so week and got very bandwidth protective. :p I can get 3 bars from my veranda in Tiwi the suburb so loving it.

Kayo subscription
Why not stream it straight to the computer?

WatchAFL. Everything Fox footy, bundled with the Richmond International Membership.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, but it was the Coalition who hobbled it by not rolling out fiber to the home everywhere and instead using existing coax and fiber to the node tech

Labor was going to do fibre to the premises, the LNP screwed it up with crap from the node to the premises.

As for the coax, not just using existing coax, where I am, inner Melbourne, they put coax in from the node to our houses, it is recently installed coax. Think about that, they had a choice to put in fibre or coax (invented late 19th century) and chose coax. FFS, I live in what used to be a safe Lib seat, they're so incompetent they can't even feather the nests of their supporters.

Anyway, I ain't paying Fox for anything, there is no way I subsidise Fox after Dark, so for me it is free to air or torrent the game later.

Might just have to go for a few more of those 2 week trials on Kayo, I'm sure I can make up more email addresses.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t watched a minute of the show this season , geez I reckon it would be a great show with out the Blobbo and the Mince , watched a bit when Dunstall and N Reiwoldt I think filled in , ripper show great format, however , flicking channels literally heard 2 seconds “awwwwwwwwwwwwww” fkn Robbo yabbering over the top about something

Reactions: 3 users
Labours NBN was going to be full fibre optic to each home.
Turnbull came in and watered it down using copper from the nodes to appease his mate Murdoch who would have lost heaps with his out of date streaming channel if a decent high speed broadband network was implemented
Not just any copper either, the Libs made sure it was copper mined by child labour for $2/hour in the Congo, just to make it harder to build electric vehicles.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Salty looks worried, looks like he's sh!tting himself.

I love how it's immediately and automatically understandable who you're talking about when you say Salty.

It's like "trees" or "clouds" or "premiership cup" - you can immediately visualise the word

Reactions: 2 users
Haven’t watched a minute of the show this season , geez I reckon it would be a great show with out the Blobbo and the Mince , watched a bit when Dunstall and N Reiwoldt I think filled in , ripper show great format, however , flicking channels literally heard 2 seconds “awwwwwwwwwwwwww” fkn Robbo yabbering over the top about something
Robbo must have photos of someone. Only explanation how he remains employed, let alone having near the best jerno gigs in the footy landscape.

Reactions: 4 users