AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Wow...so very disappointing way to start the year,...more yaaaaaaaaaawn bomber saga with no one ,,as usual..adding a damn thing to it all...good time to do the dishes...between dimitrios..and essendon and then bomber thompson..40 minutes had gone by,,,...terrible ,terrible terrible..utterly boring...I know thee essendon saga railroaded all footy media last year and it looks like it will again,,,I won't some insight s in to the game and all the clubs,,rather than this endless bomber garbage of which no one ever has anything knew to add to the discussion....

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was intending to go back to OTC this year now Rossy's mate Roosy has gone but then he pops up on 360. By the time I fast forwarded past Vlad, the Bomber saga and THompson and then Roos there was nothing left.

It can only get better from here .

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
One of the problems with football nowadays is that there is now too many "talking heads" ... with, disappointingly, not much of substance to say.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Bullarto Tiger said:
One of the problems with football nowadays is that there is now too many "talking heads" ... with, disappointingly, not much of substance to say.

I'd say the problem is too many shows for too few people. Off the top of my head Caroline Wilson is the only one on a single show. But even then she is constantly writing for the age. I think that was what was so good about Grant Thomas. The worst offender for too many appearances would have to be between Robbo and wheately. In fact wheately is probably the worst. I like him but now realise he is on 360, offsiders, and 774 plus he writes the odd column.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Knighta said:
I'd say the problem is too many shows for too few people. Off the top of my head Caroline Wilson is the only one on a single show. But even then she is constantly writing for the age. I think that was what was so good about Grant Thomas. The worst offender for too many appearances would have to be between Robbo and wheately. In fact wheately is probably the worst. I like him but now realise he is on 360, offsiders, and 774 plus he writes the odd column.
Caroline Wilson does The Age, Footy Classified, 3AW and offsiders as well!!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Should be renamed, BomberTV
60 minutes of essendon *smile* over & over again.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
bowden4president said:
Caroline Wilson does The Age, Footy Classified, 3AW and offsiders as well!!

True Bowden. But 3AW and offsiders she is joined by other intellectual people. But wheately talks footy everyday of his week. I don't think 360 is a required show. One on Monday and one on Thursday would be better.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
We usually watch AFL 360, but will probably give Monday nights a miss this year. Have no interest in watching and listening to Bomber and Roosy talking about Essendon and Melbourne for a hour. IMHO, it is not good to have current coaches on these shows as the bias to their own teams comes through so strongly. Previously we had to put up with Scott from North giving his views on games from the North perspective. Boring in the extreme.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
graystar1 said:
It's easy HT. Just get Foxtel, a must for footy tragics .

I used to desire foxtel, but now am seeing less and less of a point. Mainly due to people on here complaining about OTC or 360. I don't see the point now when the AFL uploads replays you can watch at your convenience.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Knighta said:
I used to desire foxtel, but now am seeing less and less of a point. Mainly due to people on here complaining about OTC or 360. I don't see the point now when the AFL uploads replays you can watch at your convenience.

Agreed, Ive seen enough of AFL 360, OTC and the other one with Lynch and Dunstall to know they just talk about the same stuff anyway each week anyway.

And i also take full advantage of the replays on the RFC and AFL websites. It is very handy how they provide that these days.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Knighta said:

Surely you can see the value of Fox footy during 6 months of endless replays and no original content during off season?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
wayne said:
I heard that Dunstall is now going to be OTC. :help

I won't be watching that one now.
Is that just because he fell asleep on the couch one time and they now can't get him up without taking out a wall to get the crane in to lift him?

Tommo37

Tiger Superstar
Aug 16, 2011
zippadeee said:
Should be renamed, BomberTV
60 minutes of essendon sh!t over & over again.

Is the reason I don't watch 360 on Mondays anymore and very rarely any other day, don't mind watching the insiders program they have with King, Eade, Lynch and Dunstall.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
Surely you can see the value of Fox footy during 6 months of endless replays and no original content during off season?

What original content do you get over summer? I know how to get shows from America/UK so I am not worried. And like I said I could just watch the replays on the website that cannot be named. In my opinion foxtel is becoming more redundant. I am excited for the next round of negotiations for the rights. AFLTV could become an app for gaming consoles/computers/tablets. Thus enabling people to subscribe for less or free if you have a membership.