AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just watching On the Couch? Did we lose by 5 goals yesterday? Brown, Lyon and Healy all pulling themselves over the Lions. Is this the same Lions that just kicked 55 points against us? Brown is actually convinced they’ll win the flag after scoring 55 points in a 5 goal loss :rolleyes:. Only Roos was the voice of reason. Otherwise they barely even mentioned us. It was all about how much better Brisbane will be when we next meet.

Anyway they’re giving us nothing and that’s fine. They’ll all look like the morons they are when we take care of the same business again in 2 weeks.

They spend ten minutes talking about how good Brisbane are then finally Healy gives one sentence about how well we've done in the face of adversity.. before that Richmond hating flog Gaz Lyon says 'we talk about them a lot' before changing the subject!
WTF! Those shows are a complete waste of time.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
They spend ten minutes talking about how good Brisbane are then finally Healy gives one sentence about how well we've done in the face of adversity.. before that Richmond hating flog Gaz Lyon says 'we talk about them a lot' before changing the subject!

Be like me Oldy & don't waste your time. It'll save your sanity :rolleyes:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ben Dixon has also come out and declared the Lions premiers.

15 fwd 50 tackles
Clearance dominance
Neale 51 touches
Zorko and McLuggage

So he's pretty much saying they played almost as good as they possibly could.... yet lost by 5 goals.

Logically, wouldn't we have more improvement in us?

Back up. When Dixon speaks we need to listen.

Next time around they might need,
106 fwd 50 tackles
Clearance capitulation
Neale 102 touches
Zorko & McCluggage get married

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I dont watch those shows either as i would get too upset as the lack of respect we always seem to get.

I often come on herer to see what people say after watching them and my opinion doesnt change.

Its ok though.

I like others talking up other teams.

I hope in 2 weeks time we take care of business and Dimma reminds the players Hafey style that no one rates us.

Why bother turning up next week according most observers.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ben Dixon has also come out and declared the Lions premiers.

15 fwd 50 tackles
Clearance dominance
Neale 51 touches
Zorko and McLuggage

So he's pretty much saying they played almost as good as they possibly could.... yet lost by 5 goals.

Logically, wouldn't we have more improvement in us?
Yeah the whole argument is odd. We butchered plenty, Neale had 51 touches and they dominated the clearances and we still won by nearly 5 goals. Reckon we might even beat them by more up there.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
We used to get talked up. Lost 3 consecutive EF's. Happy for them to talk up the lions.

My normal pessimist richmond-suppprting self is very confident about our final.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It's great that the media has hitched its wagon to the Lions. Let 'em fawn all over Brisbane. Pump their tyres up.
It will be a different story come Monday week as the Tigers put them all back in their boxes.
The Tigers don't need or require the hype. Richmond is the real deal and know how to get the job done.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I just remember how they'd fall over themselves constantly in the 5-6 year Hawthorn love fest. Cyril jerk jerk Buddy wank wank Sammy jerk wank. STILL GIVING US NOTHING.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I reckon if stkikda made the finals, they would talk them up like the can challenge us.
Brownie is in Lalala land, he is dizzy. He is trying to justify to himself how a *smile* list be in the top 4. It’s called the fixture.
They will be bagging Brisbane in 12 months time. They got ahead of themselves, they got a harder draw, Fagan isn’t a coaches *smile*, Robinson is still that unskilled footballer that left Carlton, and hipwood is skinner then they day they drafted him.
I couldn’t imagine what they would be going through if we were going for 3 in a row.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
So Brisbane will be premiers and we are going out in straight sets. Someone call Benny and tell him to cancel our trip to Brisbane to save on costs and start planning for next year. Apparently our season is done. We come back from 5 goals down to beat West Coast yet they were the winners(then they lose to Hawks on their home pitch). We beat Brisbane comfortably after they play as well as they can yet we are no good and the Lions are now premiership favs. What am I missing?

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
So Brisbane will be premiers and we are going out in straight sets. Someone call Benny and tell him to cancel our trip to Brisbane to save on costs and start planning for next year. Apparently our season is done. We come back from 5 goals down to beat West Coast yet they were the winners(then they lose to Hawks on their home pitch). We beat Brisbane comfortably after they play as well as they can yet we are no good and the Lions are now premiership favs. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything there, FUD
Most in the media can't bear the thought of Richmond winning another flag. Plus, many of them have as much idea about football as I do, which isn't a great deal.
Let 'em eat cake, I say.
The more they downgrade the Tigers and dismiss their chances the sweeter it will be for the Yellow and Black when the silverware returns to Punt Road.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Its an interesting one, personally I don't want the attention but equally I don't get upset with them talking up oppo..

At the end of the day these guys hear a little bit more inside info but t he reality is the games aren't played on paper so they are really just giving opinions anyhow, of which few I really rate.

I do watch AFL360 once/twice a week and on the couch but that's about it, as I really don't rate robbo or Gerard tips I don't get upset, they are ok hosts and I like the guests they have but geez if I was getting upset I wouldn't watch :)):))

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The way I saw it was Brisbane treated this as a mini final. To us it was just another H&A game. Hardwick even experimented a bit ffs. We used the game to tune up Cotch.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

your not a Richmond hater.
get ready for next week.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
The difference between us in 17 and Brisbane now , everyone kept picking us to lose , I think everybody getting on Brisbane now suits us fine , allows us to fly under the radar , let’s spoil the party.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The difference between us in 17 and Brisbane now , everyone kept picking us to lose , I think everybody getting on Brisbane now suits us fine , allows us to fly under the radar , let’s spoil the party.

agree
watch the game again, we took the foot off the pedal.
they will get what we got against Essendon in 2001

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I dont watch those shows either as i would get too upset as the lack of respect we always seem to get.

I often come on herer to see what people say after watching them and my opinion doesnt change.

Its ok though.

I like others talking up other teams.

I hope in 2 weeks time we take care of business and Dimma reminds the players Hafey style that no one rates us.

Why bother turning up next week according most observers.

your right brother, those shows drive up my blood pressure and they get me angry.
after 25 years of foxtel i might give it the ass next year.
how dumb am i? i pay to see cockroaches like Lyon, Healy, Robinson, Johnston, king and pinocchio

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
They talk about the game as if Brisbane have so many areas to improve on and we have none.

If we had have kicked straight particularly George in the first quarter and as a team in the second we would have been 8 goals up at half time. That's without including the two goals we gifted them from turnovers in the second quarter.

That never gets mentioned.