AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Paraphrasing so don’t hold me to it but think he said he’s not altering his behaviour. Also said he was still shaking hands including tonight when he saw Eddie Betts.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Am I the only one who finds that a strange concept in a reduced season? And how is it a legitimate group of finalists if 3/5 of the competition are finalists?

No, it’s a novel idea to prolong fans interest in what will be a dysfunctional year to say the least

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
What did he bloody say
He said he caught a tram today and held onto the strap and hadn't washed his hands...... at which point Robbo said..... That's a bloody disgrace Mike, to which Sheahan replied.....
What, so I’m having to take personal hygiene lessons from you of all people, Robbo!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What did he bloody say
Me too! What did he say?

"My gut feel is we should play.....because we have 800 blokes on our AFL list....not one has coronavirus....my personal selfish view is we need a dose of normality.....I think we're so scared now about what MAY happen that we're not sure on what we can do, who we can speak to, how close we can get to people.....nothing will convince me that it's not safer on a footy field than on a busy (packed) tram"

"My view is run with it until (if) we get to a situation where we can't continue"

I catch a packed (enclosed) train twice everyday, so there's surely more chance of picking this virus up on there than an X crowd of people in an open air stadium.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Mike is 73. He might make it. Might.

Poor Jack R looked terrified tonight. Futures at stake.

Robbo coughing regularly the past couple of nights not helping. Geez he's a hack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure why people are having a crack at the players for wanting to play 22 games. No one wants to take a 20% pay cut. And the argument of they earn more money doesnt wash with me. The mortgages, spending requirements would be all in proportion to what they earn. Take away 20% of what they earn - its going to hurt them.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Not sure why people are having a crack at the players for wanting to play 22 games. No one wants to take a 20% pay cut. And the argument of they earn more money doesnt wash with me. The mortgages, spending requirements would be all in proportion to what they earn. Take away 20% of what they earn - its going to hurt them.
More to the point, as Jack said it's an industry, there are more than the players that stand to loose. It's all about the players to a point, if they don't show, no one involved in the industry gets anything. from what I can tell is, that if 22 rounds can be played, after everything shakes out, play them, then all the bar staff, security, food vendors etc can start making a buck again, and for longer than 17 weeks as would have been the case.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Robbo coughing regularly the past couple of nights not helping. Geez he's a hack.
Robbo really annoyed me last night, he does every night, but he went to a new level.
His headline grabbing questions.
His coughing and spluttering.
And that Flavour Saver under his bottom lip, it looked like there was half a mars bar stuck to it.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
How blobbo continues on TV is beyond me. Would have to be the most unprofessional presenter in the country by a mile.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Even if they play 22 games, they will need to take a pay cut, much like a lot of other workers, unless the government steps in and agrees to compensate companies in order to retain jobs. IMO the economic / social impact of this unless controlled will far outweigh the health impact of the virus.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

They're going to have to take a hair cut; every one is. There is no way around it. This will be economically crippling for an undefined period of time; hopefully that period will be shorter rather than longer. Many people will lose their jobs; the players need to keep that in perspective.

The fact is that the normal revenue streams will not be there. Greg Swann said that playing in front of no crowds will cost the Lions around $5m for the year. When the revenue dries up you need to cut costs somewhere; everyone has gotta have some skin in the game. The players included. That is just the reality of the situation.

For the players to expect that they should be paid as if it is a normal year is at best naive, at worst selfish.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When i saw jabba at half time of the GF.
He was going 2 smokes at the one time.
He was copping *smile* left right sbd centre and scrambled straight bsck into the ground

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
They're going to have to take a hair cut; every one is. There is no way around it. This will be economically crippling for an undefined period of time; hopefully that period will be shorter rather than longer. Many people will lose their jobs; the players need to keep that in perspective.

The fact is that the normal revenue streams will not be there. Greg Swann said that playing in front of no crowds will cost the Lions around $5m for the year. When the revenue dries up you need to cut costs somewhere; everyone has gotta have some skin in the game. The players included. That is just the reality of the situation.

For the players to expect that they should be paid as if it is a normal year is at best naive, at worst selfish.
The players fought very hard to have part of their salaries tied to the revenue generated by the game. Well they won that right now they need to suck it up.

Jack was a horrible sales person last night. His efforts to convince people that the players want to play 22 games because they love the game and not because fewer games will impact their pay packet were pitiful at best. I haven't seen Jack like that since those iconic images of him running away for journo's and trying to flee by train without a Myki card.