AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sir said:
I'm not sure that's quite right - but I've deleted the recording.

If I recall quickly - Gerard had already clarified his stance, which includes (but is not limited to) the ideal that Milne has been formally charged whereas Watson hasn't.

Nevertheless - Gerard also admits that he continues to debate some aspects (specifically - should Watson still be playing).

What is most impressive is that Gerard "listens"

He asks a question and then allows the other person to provide a response. He doesn't normally try and enforce his view. It's an excellent character trait.
I agree. That is whateley's style. He gives his opinion and leaves it at that , doesn't debate because he believes he has made his position clear.
he is one of the few in footy who is more journalist than a footy nut which is why the ying and yang with Robbo works imo.
Sir said:
I was watching The Couch when Jobe Watson made his admission. Healy, Sheehan and Roos barely raised an eyebrow - and then went on to fawn: "Jobe you're a fine young man etc etc". Bejezus - what an amazing lack of journalistic skills ......... none of them actually realised what he'd just admitted and they literally just continued on with the run sheet :eek:
I heard a view during the week ( can't remember who it was) that the reason this happened was that there were not surprised when he said it because it was agreed beforehand and was rehearsed. I think it was Jon Ralph or Greg Denham who said it.
Interesting view.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Bill James said:
I understand his position so did King and basically asked him to his defend his logic that bringing charges without admission of guilt requires stronger action than admission of guilt with charges pending investigation. He chose not to defend his position suggesting to me that he couldn't.
I don't get to see AFL360 but I watch Offsiders. Whateley is fimly in the "wait and see" camp on the Essendon drugs issue, he seems determined to wait for official reports rather than go off half cocked. Rare and admirable trait if you asked me.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sintiger said:
I agree. That is whateley's style. He gives his opinion and leaves it at that , doesn't debate because he believes he has made his position clear.
he is one of the few in footy who is more journalist than a footy nut which is why the ying and yang with Robbo works imo.

They certainly are the odd couple. I enjoy them too.

B

Bill James

KnightersRevenge said:
I don't get to see AFL360 but I watch Offsiders. Whateley is fimly in the "wait and see" camp on the Essendon drugs issue, he seems determined to wait for official reports rather than go off half cocked. Rare and admirable trait if you asked me.
But not on Milne?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bill James said:
But not on Milne?

His position on Milne is very clear too - when significant criminal charges are made, it's appropriate for people in positions of authority or in the public eye to stand down (without prejudice) until the matter is resolved. No contradiction at all with a different position on Watson.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Bill James said:
Glen Archer three reasons to like him.

1. Only player to consistently hold Richo.
2. Doesn't play against us anymore.
3. Paid opponents wrestling fine.

can't stand the bloke.... never will.

probably coz he was really good.....

bruntonave.

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 18, 2010
KnightersRevenge said:
Whateley is fimly in the "wait and see" camp on the Essendon drugs issue, he seems determined to wait for official reports
Firmly in the AFL camp on each issue.
He was a strong tanking denier.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I reckon GW understates his position but that he has rather a strong one.

For example, on Essendon's chances of getting off as expressed by Robbo and often implied (or ventriloquised through loyalists) by EFC, Whately described Robinson's position as "fanciful" and the club's as "fantasy". That was last week.

MG

Tiger Rookie
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
For those lucky enough to have access, try and catch a replay of the last few minutes of tonights show.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigermad2005 said:

They had where people Twitter in the there best experience at a final.
And the last one was a ripper
It went "as a 13 year old I saw Collingwood beat Adelaide in the final & the bloke next to me offered to take me to the strippers" but my dad said NO.. #shattered
The 2 of them were in tears from laughing and forgot to say goodbye

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
zippadeee said:
They had where people Twitter in the there best experience at a final.
And the last one was a ripper
It went "as a 13 year old I saw Collingwood beat Adelaide in the final & the bloke next to me offered to take me to the strippers" but my dad said NO.. #shattered
The 2 of them were in tears from laughing and forgot to say goodbye

Funny, but a little creepy.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
shad said:
Anything interesting?

Major stories: Knobbo saving himself on the Bummer leaks and *smile* repeating himself as per the presser.

Minor stories: Bummer Thompson trying to confirm that he REALLY REALLY loves the job at Essendope....