AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Ray, did your mother send you to school dressed in a yellow suit every day? Do you have an unnatural fear of bananas or lemons? Did you have jaundice a kid? Did B1 or B2 haunt your dreams? Or was it big bird, or Greg the Wiggle? Get help Ray, get help.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ray, did your mother send you to school dressed in a yellow suit every day? Do you have an unnatural fear of bananas or lemons? Did you have jaundice a kid? Did B1 or B2 haunt your dreams? Or was it big bird, or Greg the Wiggle? Get help Ray, get help.
:mhihi

I'd say Razorbrain had a fear of bees.

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Oh dear.... wasn’t much to like about that... conti is good.... but looks too far ahead of team mates... she’s doing good thing they aren’t ready for

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Seriously, I couldn't give a toss about AFLW. Just a novelty event as far as Im concerned.
All I know is there are 41 days to go until the footy starts.....until we unfurl the Premiership flag.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Conti, Brennan, Wakefield, Monahan and Chol look ok. Fredericks looks a bust. Luv Lauren Townsend Teserio

The first fundamental of football is kicking, besides Conti and Brenann. The rest were very poor at kicking.
We have a long way to go before we have a good women's side.
The game is way too short. The ball was in the umpires hands most of the night.
After tonight's game i just can't wait till the real season starts.
Very frustrating to watch.

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
Had a good night out there. I tell you what. Princess Park could use a bit of a scrub, but its great to get to the old grounds. (A few bad times there as a kid.)

We were on the southern wing fence at the manual scoreboard, where my daughter had the honour of holding the number 1 in the behind column after our first score.

The poor sods trying to work the thing discovered that the numbers didn't slot in properly, so Ms Caspar held our behind score in place while they for their shitt together.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I can’t believe this.........the umps are crucifying us AGAIN.....and Razor isn’t even the main culprit ....yet!!

Riewoldt jokingly had a go at Razor at quarter time and Balmey at half time, would be funny if it wasn't actually fact, the bloke does actually crucify us.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
%ing bloody press just waiting to bring the tiger's down.

This game was never going to be a lock out but the press and the AFL built it up as such and now have great glee in lambasting us:

"The Tiger army failed to show up in full voice as Richmond’s AFLW coming out party was spoiled by Carlton before a modest turnout at Ikon Park last night
There was no reprise of the famous lock-out that kick-started the first season, 2017, when 24,568 crammed into the Blues’ spiritual home on a warm evening to watch the home side take on Collingwood.

The AFL had hoped there would be major turnout as this was the debut of powerhouse Richmond, a club with more than 100,000 members, but league officials had to be content with an official attendance of 15,337 in what was a Tigers’ home game"

Why don't they wait on other round 1 attendance figures to make judgement?, but what would the fun be in that? :rolleyes:

Average 2019 AFLW crowds were (6,626 per match) which was inflated by the 52,000 that attended the GF in Adelaide which was phenomenal,

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

This game was never going to be a lock out but the press and the AFL built it up as such and now have great glee in lambasting us:

"The Tiger army failed to show up in full voice as Richmond’s AFLW coming out party was spoiled by Carlton before a modest turnout at Ikon Park last night
There was no reprise of the famous lock-out that kick-started the first season, 2017, when 24,568 crammed into the Blues’ spiritual home on a warm evening to watch the home side take on Collingwood.

The AFL had hoped there would be major turnout as this was the debut of powerhouse Richmond, a club with more than 100,000 members, but league officials had to be content with an official attendance of 15,337 in what was a Tigers’ home game"

Why don't they wait on other round 1 attendance figures to make judgement?, but what would the fun be in that? :rolleyes:
It's what happens when your job to perform as a journo is at desperado stages. Pierik put too much chilli flavour into this one...

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I've thought of a few options on moving the AFLW Board into Dyertribe... the question that I have is - should VFL News also be moved in light of RFCs view 'clubs win premierships'?

I'll start a poll with some options, as the top area may need to demote some child boards as it gets cluttered.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Average 2019 AFLW crowds were (6,626 per match) which was inflated by the 52,000 that attended the GF in Adelaide which was phenomenal,

Are they relying on us to pull the crowds??
After last night's efforts, 15,000 now looks like 150,000.
The Quality of game especially from us was no more then a under 12's game.
We need time to bulid a side, half our team cant kick and cant mark.
We need time....

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
We need time to bulid a side
that's what i thought watching last night. we looked like newcomers.
but a lot of the girls were putting in. take a few more marks and things would've looked better.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
First of all I would like to say, good on all the women who want to play footy.

Watched until almost half time last night and then turned it off, went to bed and read a good book by David Baldacci.

Much more interesting than the poor spectator sport dished out last night.

The lack of skill was evident for all to see. It was nothing better than a scramble on the ground with pack after pack.

The women seem unable to pick up the ball cleanly on the ground and apart from a few marks, mainly by the Blues, nothing.

Compared to the ladies golf, tennis and cricket, where they are highly skilled, this was not a sport worth watching, for me anyway.

Good luck to all the lady footballers and hope they enjoy what they are doing.

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
First of all I would like to say, good on all the women who want to play footy.

Watched until almost half time last night and then turned it off, went to bed and read a good book by David Baldacci.

Much more interesting than the poor spectator sport dished out last night.

The lack of skill was evident for all to see. It was nothing better than a scramble on the ground with pack after pack.

The women seem unable to pick up the ball cleanly on the ground and apart from a few marks, mainly by the Blues, nothing.

Compared to the ladies golf, tennis and cricket, where they are highly skilled, this was not a sport worth watching, for me anyway.

Good luck to all the lady footballers and hope they enjoy what they are doing.
I'd really like to like it, but it's very hard to watch. I imagine that's as bad as it gets though, we'll be better for the run.