AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Si the game was scheduled for PUNT Road but moved to Carlton home ground. Hmmmmmm - wonder what old Salty wud make of that. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I was considering going along to support the women in first-time game tonight but just saw a bit of CH.9 daytime news earlier who were reporting the game was a sell-out! So how can that be true if 'Richmond AFLW home games are not ticketed events' (from our website game-day hub).
Just more crap media coverage?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I was considering going along to support the women in first-time game tonight but just saw a bit of CH.9 daytime news earlier who were reporting the game was a sell-out! So how can that be true if 'Richmond AFLW home games are not ticketed events' (from our website game-day hub).
Just more crap media coverage?

It's crap could be a lock out but not a sell out as not ticketed, but I personally doubt it?

Only one game has ever been a lock out and that was the inaugural game between Collingwood and Carlton, all subsequent games haven't come close, (only proviso is we are the tiger army).

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yer, surely there's got to be many tickets avialble at the gates. However, might pay to get there early. Loved the cheeky article I saw on the AFLW hub on the RFC app this morning (although can't find as easily on the website):

"Tiger Army Ready to Paint Ikon Park Yellow and Black."

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Why? DyreTribe main board is 'talking footy' and that is what we are doing so whether people post it here or on the dedicated, (hidden away AFLW section), it doesn't matter.
DyerTribe gets the most traffic so one AFLW thread here seems relevant IMO.

To support my argument the dedicated AFLW Board has only 5 threads, 40 replies, 1,323 views.
This ONE AFLW thread on DyerTribe has 491 replies and 9,000 views. (pretty convincing for it to be here).

Why not the same issues for the VFL board?
There should be a separate board for the AFLW. Just as there is a separate AFLW section on the RFC webpage.
Those interested will seek it out.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
What a way to start the 2020 season if the Tigerettes can beat Cartoon (female style) at Puke-on Park tonight.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
There should be a separate board for the AFLW. Just as there is a separate AFLW section on the RFC webpage.

The facts speak for themselves where people prefer to view and post on AFLW, people can easily just ignore thread if they choose.
PS. It looks as though we will need to have more arguments about AFLW over a few more beers ;)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The facts speak for themselves where people prefer to view and post on AFLW, people can easily just ignore thread if they choose.
PS. It looks as though we will need to have more arguments about AFLW over a few more beers ;)

AFLW is fine with me I'm just not interested in it. That's why I want it on it's own board so I don't have to shuffle between threads on Dyertribe. Fact is it makes absolute sense to have it's own board. Rename this to AFLM if needed.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
It's off-season for the men so we're hardly treading on toes to put the women on the main page right now where everyone can see it. It will be less manageable, though, if individual AFLW players get threads posted here.

The best solution would be to put the AFLW board in the same box as juniors, rumours and media.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Lots of different boards on PRE for a whole host of topics separate to the men's comp. Honestly why should the AFLW be any different?
It's so that there's no clutter.
If you want to post about AFLW, there is absolutely nothing stopping people posting on that board. I'd encourage it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I thought everyone surfed PRE by using the "New Posts" link under the What's New menu option. Shows all the threads across the whole board with new posts you haven't viewed yet.

Eliminates the need to go hunting in forums for stuff.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Conti, Brennan, Wakefield, Monahan and Chol look ok. Fredericks looks a bust. Luv Lauren Townsend Teserio

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Anyway, this is the best the filth will do v RFC in 2020 you can put ya glasses down on that.