AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
tigertim said:
Haven’t seen it yet but I’ll give it a go.....can’t be worse than AFLW......

I'm waiting for the women's version.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gives the AFL suits the perfect vehicle to trial and implement a raft of new rules to improve the theatre goers experience and engagement at an AFL event.

They've already jumped all over the coaches at AFLW for not being exciting and adventurous enough entertainment. AFLX will simply provide them with the locomotive to railroad new and exciting concepts straight through the middle of a game that has always developed and morphed from within, rather than external corporate manipulation.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Garbage can snorefest. If the International Rules games are bad enough, this is worse. Probably worse than that tennis flop: Fast 4.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
7 aside Rugby is like watching grass grow so I if it follows that format one shall not be watching it.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Hey, there's silver balls! C'mon, that has to appeal. I'm for anything that can help the small pockets of overseas leagues (like us here in Florida) legitimize and develop a game suitable for the fields we can access. It's just a trial, give it a chance.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Smoking Aces said:
Agree.

Instead of trialing this garbage, how about they concentrating on fixing the anomaly with the fixture and adding in an extra home and away game.

disagree. it should be reduced to 18 H&A games.

se7en said:
I'm waiting for the women's version.

might not get any scores in 20 minutes of play with no time on.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
H tiger said:
Where in FL hutstar? I'm in Miami.

Thank god for international memberships and fast internet. Was a bit tougher to watch when I first moved in 2008.

Hey Mate, In St Pete. I moved here in 2008 also. You're right - thank god for high speed internet. I think our coverage is now better than what they get at home.

tommystigers

Demetriou, McLachlan, Dillon. Just why?
Oct 6, 2004
Tigertool said:
We play 1 less JLT match to participate in AFLX, and only play 14 players instead of 25. So there are actually less players open to injury this year than normal pre-seasons.
The difference being that JLT allows for experimentation on structures, roles, and a gameplan relevant to the premiership season. The risk is there and justified.

AFLX allows for...what exactly? Any club having a serious tilt at a premiership shouldn't expend one joule of energy on anything not relevant to a flag. Any player injured a la Ottens v Garden Stake is a travesty.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
tommystigers said:
The difference being that JLT allows for experimentation on structures, roles, and a gameplan relevant to the premiership season. The risk is there and justified.

AFLX allows for...what exactly? Any club having a serious tilt at a premiership shouldn't expend one joule of energy on anything not relevant to a flag.

I doubt we gave an ounce of credit for our premiership last year on our ability to play 3 JLT games instead of 2.

Clubs get months of practice to get structures, roles and gameplan right. One less JLT game isn't going to matter in the slightest. It's main focus is making sure players are match fit.

I think it will be brilliant for the confidence of some of the younger players, not just Higgins and Bolton, but guys like Menadue and Corey Ellis.

Instead of making up the numbers in a JLT/AFL game, with little impact, AFLX will force them to be much more heavily involved being 1 of 7 players on the field.