Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A silver lining of no Rancey,

is that there is no way he can stand DeGoey in the GF if it comes to that, which I suspect it will.

That job falls squarely and unambiguously to Grimesy,

I know its a waiver thin silver lining.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Rance was ordinary in the second half of 2018, never recovered his mojo after the Sydney game where he was reported for staging and penalised repeatedly for walking Duddy under the ball. I would probably take pick 2 for him, but I don't have a soul. Suspect it's not even a hypothetical.

Ordinary? On what basis Bill? Never cease to be amazed by some of the stuff that gets posted here.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
C'mon. What would you pay to see SuperGeorge slot a banana from the boundary after the final siren of a GF vs Chokingwood to win us a flag?

Even better if the replay shows he'd stepped outside the mark.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
C'mon. What would you pay to see SuperGeorge slot a banana from the boundary after the final siren of a GF vs Chokingwood to win us a flag?

:mhihi

That’s too close, TBH. I’d be ok if Geelong beat Collingwood and WC did them the week after!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

It would be awesome, TBH
But just imagine how many potential coronaries would occur before Castagna actually took the kick.
I, for one, would have the heart-starting paddles fired-up and on standby.
Once he slotted it, he could join JR on stage with The Killers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Yeah, not sure I would survive to see whether it was a goal or not.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sick sense of humour ;)

DS

The final he played against Collingwood, I would’ve delisted him. I’m dead serious.
He dropped his bundle and cost us a chance of back to back.
Rance was never the holly all mighty in our backline.
Astbury, Big V, Grimes and even Broad blended to become a strong defence.

Why isn’t wanting to leave this year??

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Based on past performance - here’s a prediction for 2020

Rancey will slot seamlessly back into the team and play great footy for us
Zip will be instantly fawning all over him again completely ignorant of the fact he’d bagged him relentlessly for months on end and wanted him traded

It’s just what they do and each will get the respect they deserve.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
For every 10 reasonable posts there’s 1 that doesn’t fit, and that 1 receives everyone’s attention.

This is kind of how the AFL media is manufactured, as it’s human nature to scan for the negative.

In today’s hyper-opinionated bombardment of 24/7 news on all devices, I find it beneficial to my mental health to remember it’s human nature to incorrectly attribute more weight to the negative.

Best to try and weight everything appropriately.

...which is a new age skill that seems commonplace in the Richmond culture, so players like Rance can be the best versions of themselves while every other club is infected with negativity.

Reactions: 3 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
For every 10 reasonable posts there’s 1 that doesn’t fit, and that 1 receives everyone’s attention.

This is kind of how the AFL media is manufactured, as it’s human nature to scan for the negative.

In today’s hyper-opinionated bombardment of 24/7 news on all devices, I find it beneficial to my mental health to remember it’s human nature to incorrectly attribute more weight to the negative.

Are you implying that Zips is human?
I thought he was just a negative algorithm virus

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Based on past performance - here’s a prediction for 2020

Rancey will slot seamlessly back into the team and play great footy for us
Zip will be instantly fawning all over him again completely ignorant of the fact he’d bagged him relentlessly for months on end and wanted him traded

It’s just what they do and each will get the respect they deserve.

Is Rance good enough to get a game now?
I wouldn’t pick him. Exactly like he said ‘he might upset the apple cart’
What comes around goes around...

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Alex Rance - champion full back, champion RFC player, champion AFL player and RFC premiership hero. By all reports, he has done an amazing job so far in his recovery from an ACL. He will surely come back strongly next season for the RFC.

Zippadeee - champion clown who seems to get amusement by often niggling and being deliberately provocative on this PRE forum.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Alex Rance - champion full back, champion RFC player, champion AFL player and RFC premiership hero. By all reports, he has done an amazing job so far in his recovery from an ACL. He will surely come back strongly next season for the RFC.

Zippadeee - champion clown who seems to get amusement by often niggling and being deliberately provocative on this PRE forum.

Ignore function is your friend glenn

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I wouldn't take pick 2 in a million years. But if they offered a young gun like King (Who is probably leaving anyway) and it would give us salary cap relief... you'd be crazy not to at least consider it. Very hypothetical though