Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Not sure posting on PRE is going to affect much considering the main stream media will have a field day
I agree, but we're Tiger's just like Rance. We shouldn't be feeding the frenzy on our own.

If so, then all the more reason why he'd likely be in a **** head space for not just coming back from a knee but trying to regain the elite standards he's set over the years.
A rule for life...Should never make key decisions while being highly emotional. Still a chance for him to un-retire I reckon once the dust settles. Especially if she won't take him back

So it turns out the retirement is less "eccentric Rancey" and more a crisis that lots of people face. Here's hoping it gets sorted and he decides to return in his own good time.

Reactions: 2 users
Do not the rumour path!! No one wanted him gone.... Benny said he will be on the list in 2020...

I hope he is in a good space- mentality- and if he is I hope he chooses what ever makes him happy.

selfishly I’d love to still see him play round 1... even if that’s round 1 2021!!

Reactions: 1 users
rancy is a champion,but cant believe his wife wants him to quit AFL, she married a afl player with a super short life span,if true ,then hes giving up too much of himself and if others cant wait,then their not the sort i would want around me,if JW believe in life after death ,rance has lived a needle in a haystack,so much time left,he said he still loves footy, thats what i find hard.

To be fair to his wife, she might not have known what she was letting herself in for.

I only became aware that news of the split was official in the last hour.

Personally, and I make that point because I am only going on gut feeling, I think this is bad news for anyone hoping that Rance might have come back.

I could be very wrong, and you can read this in a lot of different ways, but Rance has always struck me as a very loyal and dedicated person. Even recently he was positing very positive comments about his wife on the net. If he thinks this (giving up footy) is what might give him a chance to save his marriage, then I think he is gone for good.

All the best Alex and Georgia. I hope you guys can work things out if that is what you want.

Reactions: 2 users
This episode from the start didn't seem right.
*does his knee.
* perfect opportunity to take family away for a European summer, but hangs around all year to rehab.
*gets told he wont be part of the finals, but still hangs around and trains
* Watches the GF from the Coaches Box, celebrates with the team.
*He is in the first group to return for the preseaaon.
**under a week before Xmas, he comes out and retires.
*after the draft, after the trade period, after all the list lodgements.

It just doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The accounts I've heard from people I know who have left the Jehovah's are like the crazy Scientology leaving stories. Brainwashing, stalking, bullying etc. Who knows what the hell is going on with Rance rn.