Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
No one is.
But giving players away for nothing is going to hurt us down the track.
Its all fine when your been dominate for 3 years, but you wont stay dominate forever.
We have good kids coming through.
But it would've been nice to see Bulter go to stkilda for pick 32 not 72.
It just gives a 'better' chance of finding a quality kid.
Bulter's pick got us Biggy.

The alternative is that we're stuck with them as list cloggers, which suits neither us or them. If we're being obviously short-changed, another club will chime in with a better offer. Maybe we've been too prepared to limit our dealings to their preferred destinations, I don't know.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The alternative is that we're stuck with them as list cloggers, which suits neither us or them. If we're being obviously short-changed, another club will chime in with a better offer. Maybe we've been too prepared to limit our dealings to their preferred destinations, I don't know.

We look like we don't waste time on the deals.
What's your offer????
Ok we take it.
Lets consider the player and then take it from there.
I have always been a Bulter supporter. His style of play changed the way we were playing in 2017 and the work of castagna and Rioli contributed to us becoming the best pressure sides in the comp.
Our back 6 made 8 tackles last night.
Short and broad donuts
Trades are the future of your club we need to get better at making them.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I have always been a Bulter supporter. His style of play changed the way we were playing in 2017 and the work of castagna and Rioli contributed to us becoming the best pressure sides in the comp.

But that form's three years old and he hadn't developed. He's firing again at a new club and good luck to him. It happens.
Trades are the future of your club we need to get better at making them.

What I'm worried about is recruiting. We've gone all-in on coaches with the staff restrictions, and with some players looking like they're coming down the other side of the hill, we need to keep drafting well. If you're going to sacrifice other areas for the here and now, you need to get the result, and we're failing badly.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
But that form's three years old and he hadn't developed. He's firing again at a new club and good luck to him. It happens.

What I'm worried about is recruiting. We've gone all-in on coaches with the staff restrictions, and with some players looking like they're coming down the other side of the hill, we need to keep drafting well. If you're going to sacrifice other areas for the here and now, you need to get the result, and we're failing badly.

Do actually believe blokes the club's really want aren't getting looked after?
Hatley and clark would be getting looked after.
Do you think Collingwood isn't looking after Hocking, Ned Guy and Hine.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020

Don’t think that’s correct . Recruiting staff seen in Richmond Cafe last week in club uniforms etc

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep. James Aish got them a second round pick. That's how it's done.
Seriously? Well that’s *smile*. Aish a 2nd rounder and Butler a pick in the 70s? Does not compute.

We’ve gotta be better in this area.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Rance is out of contract so we‘ll get nothing
If he wants to play for Footscray we should be playing hardball as he'll be a free agent & force a trade to get a decent return. can't rely on the AFL compo system. We let Brando go on the understanding we'd get a decent compo pick & it backfired on us. This system is as consistent as the MRO.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Yep. James Aish got them a second round pick. That's how it's done.
Aish plus pick 69 plus 2020 third rounder were traded to freo for a second round and fourth round picks. Aish was also contracted for another year at Collingwood when traded. Aish also reportedly sign a long-term deal for good money when he moved to Fremantle.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
What happens when Rance wants to return to play???
Do we just accept anything in return?
Do we ask Footscray for Dunkley in return?
We CANNOT allow Rance walk for nothing. Some dumb ass club will pay something for him.
Adelaide gave away 2 first rounders for Carey when he finished.

**Is Rance a free agent?

Thought he was still on our list this year.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
According to the previous current list of contracted players, which I think was put up by old tiger, Rancy’s contract extended until the end of 21. (Strangely his name doesn’t appear on that list now).

We should make it clear now that anything less than a top 8 pick is not acceptable and refuse to budge.

Butler got us a pick in the early 50’s, which seemed pretty fair at the time.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
We Have lost Rance Grigg (Retired) Ellis Butler Townsend Miles Lloyd in the last few years for basically nothing. Now i understand some of them like Townsend were on their last legs, but some were good depth players & are now doing well at other clubs. This is where if Rance does want to go on elsewhere we have to have some balls about it this time.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
According to the previous current list of contracted players, which I think was put up by old tiger, Rancy’s contract extended until the end of 21. (Strangely his name doesn’t appear on that list now).

We should make it clear now that anything less than a top 8 pick is not acceptable and refuse to budge.

Butler got us a pick in the early 50’s, which seemed pretty fair at the time.
100% contracted till 2021

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Premiership player
5 time All Australian (incl. Captain)
One of, if not the best defender of a generation.
Contracted to Tigers for 2021.

If he wants to be traded next year we MUST demand a first round pick, or NO DEAL.