Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
That's why there is stats,he was one of the best modern day one on one players,not up for opinion when he's at number 1 and had the most contests,what a few are saying is a wrong perception.
We can argue stats all day how many times we see players with a whole heap of leading stats yet little impact at all.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Geez, some nonsense on this thread. Hang your heads in shame.

Rance - Greatest defender Leysy has seen in 40 years watching footy. Big, medium or small. RFC or not.

Champion. Immortal of our club. Wouldn't have broken the drought without him.

Could sleep with Mrs Leysy and view wouldn't change.
Your dreaming you seen Langford, Leppa, Scarlett ,Fletcher Glen Jackovich all have Rance covered.

I got no beef against Rance I respect him as a Richmond champion, but a few here take of your blinkers.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Gotta be honest, rance turning up in Essendon colours next year after leaving at the height of our dynasty would be bittersweet.

Wish him all the best though.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Your dreaming you seen Langford, Leppa, Scarlett ,Fletcher Glen Jackovich all have Rance covered.
Haaarrrrrgggh.
Trossman easily stands alongside any of the great defenders of any era.
P.S. you left out Dench n SOS n they were easily as good as, if not better than at least three of the five you've mentioned. Dench, SOS, Scarlett, Jackovich n Tross in any order you'd like to have them. Then Langford, Leppa, Fletch also in whatever order along with a few other great defenders.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Honestly why?
He's been out of the game for two years if he plays at AFL level again. Not 6 months.
The world has changed dramatically in that time & so may have Alex.
I seriously don't understand why any Richmond supporter could have any malice towards a player who gave absolutely everything to the Richmond Footy Club for 10 seasons & was a key ingredient in a drought breaking flag.
True.
No malice.
Probably more jealousy I supppose.
Like a spurned lover!
Will always love Rancey for what he gave to us. He was a marvel to watch.
I guess also wondering why he couldnt do it with us should he lace upnfor AFL again.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m sure he’s just having a hit for *smile* n giggles, big deal. Even if (and it’s a huge ”if”) he made a comeback to AFL level with EssenDon it’d be doomed to failure. Can’t see a comeback on the cards.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tross was planning to play a handful of games in W.A. until the coroner cooties arrived n sent everyone into knicker wetting mode. He's since played one game with a mate in Seymour n now looking to play one game for Essendrugs VFL side as a stop gap hole filler, because their VFL side hasn't got enough fit players n he's mates with Truck.

Even if Tross did get all excited about the possibility of one or two more seasons at AFL level. He'd have to enter the draft to become an AFL player again. There's no way he'd be picked up with a genuine draft pick pick at 32 y.o. and 3 years of no game, so it would be either a very late pick or rookie draft pick, leaving the possibility of some other club in need of a genuine talent n role model elder statesman to gazump Essendrugs pick.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Why are we still talking about him? As soon as he contemplated wearing an Essendon jumper he is done in my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
We can argue stats all day how many times we see players with a whole heap of leading stats yet little impact at all.
U can't argue the greatness of Alex ,rance,I have watched Richmond live since 1979 and he was as quick and agile a big defender as u could get.
A Geelong friend said to me,oh Scarlet was better because he got more ball,
I said that's perception only
Scarlett career touches 14.81
Rance 16.61 and he was one of the best ever one on one players, and u got to remember how hard he ran to defend other players in which a guy like Talia doesn't do which would risk your own one on one game
BUT ALEX WAS ALSO THE BEST ONE ON ONE PLAYER WINNING 84.50% of his one on ones in 2017-2018.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Each to there own my opinion was he was very average one versus one got took to the cleaners to often for my liking as a interceptor or 3rd man up he was fantastic.Grimes is alot better one v one defender.
Is not up for debate ,was the best one in one of his time,all while running long distances to cover others,which most if any couldn't do ,which takes huge amounts of juice

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Reminds me of when I came home to find Dustin giving Mrs TBR a seeing to on the kitchen floor.

"Jesus Christ love, arch your back a bit, can't have him getting a chill in the plums from those cold tiles!".
You should have shown more concern. You could have put a mink rug under those plums.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users