America, will they ever learn? (Gun Control Debate) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

America, will they ever learn? (Gun Control Debate)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re: America, will they ever learn?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"God will punish those involved in homosexuality."

- shooter's father

Omar Mateen's father Seddique says he cannot forgive his son for fatally shooting 49 people at an Orlando gay nightclub, saying "even though he is my son, I have to admit this is a terrorist act."

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Turns out the killer was likely gay and had been seen at the club many times before the shooting.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

antman said:
Turns out the killer was likely gay and had been seen at the club many times before the shooting.

No surprise really. Many extreme homophobes are those that struggle to accept their own sexuality

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Tigers of Old said:

Yep.

I guess the fact that the GOP blocked Democrat legislation that would restrict the sale of guns to people on terrorist watch lists and the mentally ill is all part of Obama "not doing anything".

The Democrats are at least trying.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

antman said:
Yep.

I guess the fact that the GOP blocked Democrat legislation that would restrict the sale of guns to people on terrorist watch lists and the mentally ill is all part of Obama "not doing anything".

Obama might be, but there are plenty of Democrats on the NRA payroll as well

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Baloo said:
No surprise really. Many extreme homophobes are those that struggle to accept their own sexuality

Yeah its a theme of that list of violent crimes and massacres at gay venues.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

"He stood up in class during the 9/11 attack and after the second plane hit the building he started jumping up-and-down cheering on the terrorists."

This from a 14yo born in the US. Gives an insight into his home environment, and I don't believe it's uncommon.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne

antman said:
Yep.

Seriously, the GOP blocked that??

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/orlando-shooting-gun-control-224251

Sure did. Of course it's all Obama's fault though.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

antman said:
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/orlando-shooting-gun-control-224251

Sure did. Of course it's all Obama's fault though.

History is going to record Obama as a much better president than the current media and pundits try and have us believe.

Have to laugh at some of the memes doing the rounds of the "usefulness" of republican politicians sending their thoughts and prayers to the victims and families in Orlando when they are the same pollies that voted against gun control measures.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Not sure that other faiths actively persecute homosexuals. They just forbid them to participate. Will stand corrected if wrong.

Was illegal to engage in homosexual sex in Tasmania until 1997. That's persecution in my book.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

WesternTiger said:
Was illegal to engage in homosexual sex in Tasmania until 1997. That's persecution in my book.

Q1. What religion are Tasmanians?
Q2. When was the last conviction for homosexuality in Tasmania? It's illegal to be in possession of more than 50kg of potatoes in WA, but I doubt anyone's been prosecuted for a long time (if ever).

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

When was the last conviction for being heteroexual in Tasmania?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Not sure what people are arguing here. Apparently he claimed allegiance to ISIS when on the phone.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Harry said:
Not sure what people are arguing here. Apparently he claimed allegiance to ISIS when on the phone.

The argument is about whether Isis knew he existed or not. It looks like they didn't, but claimed him as you'd expect. That has obvious implications for policy and enforcement. If I shot-up AFL house in a Richmond jumper in the name of Tiger justice, should Richmond be sanctioned and all Tiger supporters be expelled from games?

I agree its an act of terrorism, but so are all the other gun massacres, whether they be in the name of Muslim homophobes, Christian homophobes, anti-government Christians, bullied students, sacked workers, etc etc.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

"Omar Mateen’s wife reportedly tried to talk him out of the Orlando attack, but admits she drove him to Pulse nightclub and Disney World as he scouted out potential targets."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/omar-mateens-wife-noor-zahi-salman-knew-about-plan-to-attack-pulse-nightclub-and-had-driven-her-husband-there-and-places-like-disney-world-to-scout-out-locations/news-story/7d748b8c3780cf815de92b5528f44a12

Security should be the #1 election issue here, but we're too gutless to discuss it.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Security should be the #1 election issue here, but we're too gutless to discuss it.

Upping security at huge cost and inconvenience for the sake of a tiny possibility of an attack? And with questionable results? I don't want that, I'll take the odds. Besides, it is exactly what the terrorist groups want.

Its not about guts, its about choices related to lifestyle, culture and resources. Stuff the terrorists, I won't live in fear and have money sucked out of hospitals and schools for increased security.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

tigersnake said:
If I shot-up AFL house in a Richmond jumper in the name of Tiger justice, should Richmond be sanctioned and all Tiger supporters be expelled from games?

If that's what RFC stand for and instruct their followers to do then the answer is yes.

We shouldn't be confusing ISIS and Muslims. ISIS massacre Muslims as well.